Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight's Boxing (Chisora v Parker, Taylor v Jonas, Tennyson, Ruiz v Arreola etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Parker needs to step it up a notch.
    Close rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Listening to the commentary on BBC. Conor Benn and Steve Bunce. Torment.

Seems to be all Parker the last few rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

For a big lump Chisora has a great engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Listening to the commentary on BBC. Conor Benn and Steve Bunce. Torment.

Seems to be all Parker the last few rounds.

All square or Parker by 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Parker is obviously a very impressive athlete, and he's never been knocked out - he's always there at the end. But he doesn't have the highlight reel that you would expect for someone in his position. Always a long grind with a close result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,979 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Morrison J wrote: »
    Like to see Parker go for this more. Lee telling him to jab and move. Feels like Chisora is there for the taking if Parker was to put his combinations together more.

Been thinking the same all night..

Sticking snd jabbing Chisora is not great advice..

Parker is obviously a very impressive athlete, and he's never been knocked out - he's always there at the end. But he doesn't have the highlight reel that you would expect for someone in his position. Always a long grind with a close result.

Pretty game too. He got a very heavy knock down against Whyte early on and I thought he was out cold. Got back up and all but stopped him.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,540 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

tom1ie wrote: »
    So who's Katie's next target? Is there anyone decent left at lightweight she hasn't beaten?

If WWE allow Becky Lynch :P

Great win again for Katie

Pretty game too. He got a very heavy knock down against Whyte early on and I thought he was out cold. Got back up and all but stopped him.

Maybe we might the same last round here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

x PyRo wrote: »
    Chisora is a hardy bastard.

No doubting that. But as a casual boxing viewer can someone explain what’s he in it for. He’s never gone to be a world beater. He’s 37 (I think) and he takes a lot of hits. Is there that much money for him at this stage or is it just because he’s a mad hard bast…d and is probably enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Split decision I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Probably all level now going into the 12th.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,979 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No doubting that. But as a casual boxing viewer can someone explain what’s he in it for. He’s never gone to be a world beater. He’s 37 (I think) and he takes a lot of hits. Is there that much money for him at this stage or is it just because he’s a mad hard bast…d and is probably enjoying it.

Money!!

Wasn't that an elbow?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That 10-8 in the first will be huge on the score cards, and could make this a draw.

Wasn't that an elbow?

God I don’t think so. I thought he clipped him with a hook

To be fair to Chisora he’s better now that he was 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Chisora by 1 for me

Chisora's heart must be going like a jackhammer.

Chisora for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

Hope Chisora wins this. If Parker can't decivisly beat a 38 year old with strep throat..

• Advertisement

He's headlined a lot of PPVs an mugs like me keep buying them.

• Moderators Posts: 8,717 ✭✭✭x PyRo

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Fair play to Chisora he gave left it all in there tonight!

Chisora is some warrior. He's incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,214 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Scoring all over the place on that one! Fairly mad.

Chisora much better in his moments, but over the length of the fight, Parker had more consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Did I hear 116 to 111 to Parker?

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

**** boxing man its so corrupt!

All seems fair enough with that scoring. I dont think Chisora will retire just yet but I’d say that’s the end of him headlining an event. Parker will need to start better and press an advantage home. Next day out will be interesting. That was a good contest for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

Was that polish judge smoking crack? Should never be allowed judge a fight again. Chisora won that for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

116-111 for Parker a little wide for me. I might have given it to Chisora by one, think he just shaded the last round.

Advertisement