Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBNews will be in HD on Freesat Channel No 216

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Here's the frequency: 11307 V 27500 5/6

Coming in as 11306 V 27500 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,496 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

GB News starting 8pm Sunday 13 June 2021.

https://www.mediamole.co.uk/entertainment/broadcasting/news/gb-news-launch-day-schedule-revealed_450531.html

I re-scanned 11306 V on FTA box, and the channel name has changed from 53395 to GB News HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,170 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Live now, the Andrew Neil opener has sound out of sync and picture like it's coming from a feed from south west Siberia.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,496 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Andrew Neil is going to Drain the Swamp in the same way that Donald Trump did.

The "People's News, not the Media News"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Background is terrible not HD certainly a very poor looking start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭lgs 4

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Background is terrible not HD certainly a very poor looking start

They need to use desk microphones not body microphones and improve the soundproofing in the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

Picture quality is woeful, more SD than HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Watched the breakfast programme around 7.30 this morning. It was one of the most amateurish programmes I have ever seen! Three presenters!
    All sitting right next to each other, talking over each other and when something wasn't timed right, they actually started laughing. Just as well there was no really serious news this morning! It can only get better-if it doesn't they'll be gone fairly quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I flicked it on last night. The audio was out of sync with the picture. It was maybe 0.5 seconds out, but enough that made me bail immediately without even worrying about the content itself. The set also looked like it was someone's box bedroom with venetian blinds painted black.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

They are getting slaughtered on Twitter and rightly so. I hope they go under. Sorry about people's job's but this channel is offering nothing good that's for sure.
    In hindsight some very poor career moves for some.

• Advertisement

It all seems so amateurish compared to Sky,BBC or even RTÈ news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

The name makes me think it'll be some sort of little Englander ukip, fox news style, propaganda channel. I'm willing to be proved wrong, but not willing to Google it in case I'm right and istart getting targeted ads based on it.

So long as it doesn't end up mirroring Sky News Australia, I think we'll be fine

Advertisement