Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering from Canyon - Basic Query

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭hesker

Crocked wrote: »
    So based on a bike price of €2.5k if buying privately would work as follows

Canyon will invoice the Company €2,032 (VAT excl) and that's what the Company will pay Canyon.

You still have to pay the Company €2,500. €1,250 salary sacrifice and €1,250 outside the BTW. The extra €468 that you'll have paid to the Company over what they paid to Canyon they then pay to Revenue on their VAT return.

Correct as I see it. No reason why it can’t be done this way by employer except for them being awkward for whatever reason. Would be perfectly acceptable and tax compliant for any audit. One €1250 would be deducted from nett salary, the other from gross. Both could be from one or more paycheques.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

So if I'm the company I can talk to Canyon and buy my bikes Ex VAT... :D Then I can just borrow it from the company to do all my cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

So if I'm the company I can talk to Canyon and buy my bikes Ex VAT... :D Then I can just borrow it from the company to do all my cycling.

Be grand, at least till you have a Revenue audit........

Advertisement