Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amc shares

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I can't see it myself either.

If I was asked to predict a number i reckon no higher than $120 a share and then go back to 10 or less a share.

I agree it has been fascinating to watch and I've learnt a lot over the last few months. I'll come out of it with a reasonable profit after tax which is always a bonus.

On a rational assumption that SI% reported is correct, then I would hazard a guess that 120-500 is a reasonable range for a squeeze to happen on AMC. probably up to about $1k-2K on GME.

However, if as is suspected the SI% is way wrong and the hedge funds have shorted more shares than exist, then the sky is the limit for the prices.

The more I read on reddit (GME especially) the more I'm thinking theres more behind this than just a couple of short bet.

the RRPs would be enough to scare me. Inflation is way higher than we are led to believe and the FED/ECB are still printing money.

the day they make any inclination that they might stop is the day that we'll start to see a market correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cal naughton

Proposal which would have allowed amc to issue 25 million new shares in 2022 has been withdrawn before the upcoming agm. Should make for an interesting day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Proposal which would have allowed amc to issue 25 million new shares in 2022 has been withdrawn before the upcoming agm. Should make for an interesting day

No new shares in 2021. https://twitter.com/CEOAdam/status/1412376829688680453

Interesting alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

It's been an interesting few months, are people still holding shares?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,516 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I sold out my positions in AMC in Early October at a little over $43 and that was with a BEP of $9.60. Rolled the entire amount into GME 😁 because? Well if I'm gonna throw money away? I may aswell throw it after the meme stock with the best memes, I mean research 😉

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 16,516 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Certainly not if today's chart is to be the proof of it 😁

Both nicely moving along, AMC to where I sold it, and GME to +70 on where I used my AMC money to buy more😁

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Still holding and upped my AMC to xxx in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Wolftown

Still have 130 of these, BEP around $18

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Anyone getting excited?

Talk of stupid crazy share prices, "apes" going nuts over suggested manipulation.

What's people's thoughts on the ceiling, some recognised names saying it is possible for 100k - even 500k

I'm an xxx holders and the prices above would put me in the 10's of millions of €.

One can dream! Very hard to find trustworthy sources with realistic expectations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

$100k per share or am I reading that wrong? If so, that's not possible. Current market cap is around 15B, 100k would give a market cap of $50 trillion??

the only thing giving me hope is if it does squeeze the sky potentially is the limit, especially if there are the number of synthetic shares are being touted around

Will all depend on when people sell, especially the big boys like Blackrock, which is inevitable really. I'm a XX holder but have worked out how much I'd need to clear my mortgage, that's my ultimate dream

Reading the AMC reddit page would drive you mental though with these ridiculous "price floors" of 500k and what not

Due baby #2 next week so be great if it happened around then!

Haha clearing the mortgage would be unreal! What price do you need to reach to achieve that?

roughly $45k per share but that clears all loans, mortgage+car loan+house loan. I developed big spreadsheet for it, even calculated CGT conversion rates but is coming down as my average cost in falling. Especially lately!

Ah here, that's a $240 trillion market cap, is there even that much money in the entire world? Hope it does well for you anyway!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I just found this thread this morning. Is the stock we are talking about AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc that is trading at $30?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Hardly still possible to squeeze now? Been ample time to close positions.

The board and CEO have been selling shares like mad the last couple days. Not a good look for the share price.

from my very little understanding of it, shorts still haven't closed positions and have been adding to it if anything.

Management can't sell during a squeeze as far as I'm aware

That's the ultimate dream, be absolutely unreal but I only got into it in March that some day cinemas will open again

Car and home improvement loan is e7k, I'd be ecstatic with that to be honest. Would give me e400 extra a month which would be more beneficial really

Market Cap doesn't mean that's how much money inflowed.

• Advertisement

Correct! I understand that but it's good as a comparison. AMC at $45k/share is more than the entire stock market.

I'm still in this, but i've cut my position. CEO selling stock, straight up refused an NFT dividend via Twitter and also looking to dilute shareholders has me wary that this is a deflating bubble. Its down ~30% in the last month (from 42$ to 27$ now)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

I thought I was seeing things with AMC prices mentioned at 100k.....thats never going to happen

I've been holding xxxx since March 2020 so at 100k that would put me in the 100's of millions🤣

I thought maybe $150 and I passed up on the run to $70, now it looks bleak😪...I'll still hold

those XXXXX insane prices are on the basis there is a short squeeze. they would be temporary and short lived as short holders covered.

Basics of what people are thinking is that Hedge funds have sold way more shares than exist in the hope that A) the company goes bust and B) they'd never have to shares to settle the trades.

Logic made some kinda sense during covid lockdown, but not now when the business is working. As much as i'd love to see crazy share prices I can't see them going that high. Might be some momentum price increases, but unlikely to be that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

though if true about hedge funds, Evergrande might cause enough damage to force shorts to be covered and might bring about a squeeze

Doesn't seem feasible to me. Funds aren't going to leave themselves open to such a squeeze again. If the squeeze was as likely as people holding are saying, they'd be way more knowledgeable on it and wouldn't be taking that risk again.

Advertisement