Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amc shares

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭wgk

$30 in pre-market....apparently there is a tonne of options in the money at between $35 and $40 so if it gets above that today it would add significant upward pressure on the share....was waiting on my degiro account to activate during Gme but been in AMC since Feb and can’t wait to see where this goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cal naughton

If it's up near 10% on very little pm volume it bodes very well indeed for opening.

I've been on this since mid 4's and sold out at 16 on the last run up.

Now holding 800 with a bep of 12 . Might slice off 100 shares if it hits 50 today and hodl the rest to see how it plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭banie01

June 2nd for AMC and the "real" versus synthetic share debate is going to be wild!

I'm in since Jan and have averaged down since.
    Current gain in the premarket for me is 240% and I'm not selling yet.
    This could signal a systemic shift in how shares, ownership, shorts and rehypthecation are managed.

It is rapidly becoming a potential use-case for Blockchain IMO and given the rule changes around DTCC, SEC and other related bodies it's likely an opportunity that will never present itself this way again.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bawnBeag

For me this is mad Ted. I bought speculatively last year when the markets imploded. I looked a sectors that I reckoned would recover to pre-covid prices. This was one of them, holding a couple of thousand shares bought between $2 and $5. Certainly wasn't anticipating reddit and short squeezes, I even missed a good selling opportunity earlier in the year. Not that I see it happening or if I would hold out but imagine it did hit $1000???

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

bawnBeag wrote: »
    For me this is mad Ted. I bought speculatively last year when the markets imploded. I looked a sectors that I reckoned would recover to pre-covid prices. This was one of them, holding a couple of thousand shares bought between $2 and $5. Certainly wasn't anticipating reddit and short squeezes, I even missed a good selling opportunity earlier in the year. Not that I see it happening or if I would hold out but imagine it did hit $1000???

That's one of the trades of the decade, fair play. 10x baggers are an almost mythical creature in common stocks outside of OTCMKT and other crazy penny plays.

• Advertisement

pioneerpro wrote: »
    That's one of the trades of the decade, fair play. 10x baggers are an almost mythical creature in common stocks outside of OTCMKT and other crazy penny plays.

If only we had the foresight to close at the peak:rolleyes: $36 -> $27

This is not a short squeeze. It's FOMO hype. You seriously think WallStreetBets is not flooded with institutional and experienced investors hyping the stock so that they can make a quick profit? Buy at $10, go onto social media and inflate the hype, get the dopes on the street talking about it over bbq beers, sell your $10 stock for $40. Hold my bag suckers.

I am a total amateur and this is not financial advice. But the little experience I do have has taught me when every gob****e at the bbq is talking about it that is the time to get out, not get in. I know because I am holding a big bag of cryptos. But hey the weather was good and burgers were nice. And I heard at another bbq if I keep holding long enough I'll become a millionaire.

The other aspect to this is Amc actually traded all its stock 1.5 times over all in the space of one day (friday). So these guys are full of sh!t. Nobody is holding, that's a fact and the data is there to prove it.

Don't be the last dope left holding the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

From what I've seen I think the hedgefunds expected the company to fail so they'd never have to cover the shares but that hasn't worked out. Apparently there's far too many shares floating about to cover.

iHungry wrote: »
    From what I've seen I think the hedgefunds expected the company to fail so they'd never have to cover the shares but that hasn't worked out. Apparently there's far too many shares floating about to cover.
    They can buy the dips just like everyone else and the dips will be mighty. Like I said, people are not holding. The whole stocks changed hands 1.5 times in a day. They can also keep short selling.

Ultimately the company is in the doldrums and at the end of the day this is going to hit a mighty dip and not recover. People are going to lose a lot of money.

It's like the 2008 Irish property market. Get on the ladder now before you miss out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

I know AMC is overvalued and there are a fair few short term factors driving the stock price but I'm on Seeking Alpha and within the last few hours I've gotten 4 different alerts talking the stock down big time. I've never seen anything like that even when GME was at it's most ridiculous.

• Advertisement

They can buy the dips just like everyone else and the dips will be mighty. Like I said, people are not holding. The whole stocks changed hands 1.5 times in a day. They can also keep short selling.

Ultimately the company is in the doldrums and at the end of the day this is going to hit a mighty dip and not recover. People are going to lose a lot of money.

It's like the 2008 Irish property market. Get on the ladder now before you miss out.

Each to their own, right?
    If it goes down, I told you so,
    If it goes up, I told you so

I have this so many times. Its very simple, buy low, sell high, buy stuff you've researched and don't blame others. Sometimes that might take longer than expected and sometimes you get lucky. If you're goal is not to get rich quick then do your homework and take the risks that you can afford to take. THIS IS NOT ADVICE!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭daheff

bawnBeag wrote: »
    Each to their own, right?
    If it goes down, I told you so,
    If it goes up, I told you so

I have this so many times. Its very simple, buy low, sell high, buy stuff you've researched and don't blame others. Sometimes that might take longer than expected and sometimes you get lucky. If you're goal is not to get rich quick then do your homework and take the risks that you can afford to take. THIS IS NOT ADVICE!

There's also something call momentum trading. Essentially follow the money and try to jump off the bus before it crashes. Everybody knows it'll crash at some stage, nobody wants to be the bag holder.

After that happens it's back to trading closer to fundamentals.

I see a squeeze happening...but the more they sell shares at the market the less I believe it will (although the shares to Mudrick Capital must have some lockup period attached, right?)

Edit-apparently there was no lock up period. They flipped the shares straight away!!

They look to be planning on using the funds they raised to move the company forward....bullish on the business case. They've gotten loads of PR from this...and consolidated a customer base. All they need now are a load of blockbuster movie releases to capitalize on that now.

Just as an edit-is this a stock I'd hold long term.. probably not. They'll do ok the next 6-12 months because of delayed releases, people's appetite to go back to the cinema...but then will come a lull when they start running out of content from reduced production during Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Looks like holders (not me unfortunately) are in for another pleasant day on the AMC front, up 30% pre-market to $42

And some people said nobody was holding!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭wgk

Up €63k and still holding :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

This is mad Ted!

We have a runner! No halts this time compared to January

Edit. Just halted now

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

first time buying shares and been tracking reddit and gamestop for a while

Bought 2 (last of big spenders) AMC shares at 10e simply as figured someday cinemas will reopen, very surprised

will probably hold just for the craic, see how they go

first time buying shares and been tracking reddit and gamestop for a while

Bought 2 (last of big spenders) AMC shares at 20e simply as figured someday cinemas will reopen, very surprised

will probably hold just for the craic, see how they go

In the same boat. Bought three shares at €17 each for the craic in February. Those three shares were worth about €160 earlier today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭daheff

Finished at 66 after hours today. I believe it hit 72 during trading.

Have to say I sold some at 50 & 65 today (and bought more around 49). Still have most of my holding, but locked in a gain overall on my investment. Anything now is a crazy bonus!!

Tomorrow will be an interesting day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Purchased a few this morning at €42, plenty of folk on twitter reckoning it could easily reach €100 come friday.

wgk wrote: »
    Reality is a lot of DD suggests AMC has 1+billion synthetic shares floating in the market that must be eventually bought back to get anywhere near the 450m issued mark so a lot of legs left in this.

Is this true though. I've been reading identical DD for other meme stocks without any way to prove it. I think it might be wishful thinking creating a fomo hype train.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

Up at 71 now in pre market

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Purchased a few this morning at €42, plenty of folk on twitter reckoning it could easily reach €100 come friday.

if that's the case, that's literally a free wendy house for the daughter, if it gets to that I'd sell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

There I was thinking I was great selling out at 21... F*k!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

if that's the case, that's literally a free wendy house for the daughter, if it gets to that I'd sell

There's talk that it could go the same route as GameStop and reach the 500 mark. I think I'll ride it out and see where it ends up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

Another 11 million shares going to be put on the market

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭banie01

neris wrote: »
    Another 11 million shares going to be put on the market

Those 11million are from a late April filing that was released pre-market.
    Those shares are likely long sold.
    I don't think they are part of the pre-market drop tbh.
    The charts across GME, AMC and KOSS all show a rather surprising degree of coordination in the drops today and AMC has also had at least a further 1 million shares shorted pre-market.

It's a short ladder attack rather than an organic price drop right now imo.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    There's talk that it could go the same route as GameStop and reach the 500 mark. I think I'll ride it out and see where it ends up.

Blackberry seems to be getting similar treatment, bought 3.5 at 15e earlier

In it to win it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Craig_David

Blackberry seems to be getting similar treatment, bought 3.5 at 15e earlier

In it to win it now

Big move at the open.
    What do Blackberry actually do these days I wonder?
    Cant remember the last time I seen a Blackberry phone..

Advertisement