Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz's Youtube Channel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Latest Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Chronograph

God damn that watch looks good in the vid, love it.

https://youtu.be/iR2SqyjdQrQ

Oh yes Number 5 and number 3 won the watches check the vid page (colm18 and duckmusic whoever you guys are on here?)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Wohoo! I'll take the Patek, cheers Fitz.

;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

colm18 wrote: »
    Wohoo! I'll take the Patek, cheers Fitz.

;-)

Good choice. Ducksmusic will have to select from the beaters left over.

Damn that AP gets better every time I see it. Not sure I could wear it. As it’s got too much wrist presence for my liking. Maybe I could on a strap. But half the point of an AP is in the bracelet. But it really is a a stunner.

Sneak peek of tomorrows vid.

PXL-20210618-192125469.jpg

Latest Review The Zenith Chronomaster Sport with many thanks to Mr. Cyrus for lending me this lovely watch.

https://youtu.be/vBn45aIBrc0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Good comparison-review Fitz. Thanks to yourself and Mr. Cyrus.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I also learned that the Daytona has asymmetric lugs. :eek: :) I did not notice that before at all and I've had a few of them in the hand. That Zenith is a nice watch alright. I'd far prefer it over the Tudor.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

The motion of the zenith's second hand was interesting, not what I'm used to seeing on a mechanical watch. Very fair and objective review I thought.

=Wibbs;117460266]I also learned that the Daytona has asymmetric lugs. :eek: :) I did not notice that before at all and I've had a few of them in the hand.

You can count in weeks on your hands how long I have known that, and I have thousands of hours wearing one, but once you see it its so obvious. A sign of good design I suppose.

The zenith is a tasty watch and I am not easily impressed.

I'm conflicted between the Zenith and the Daytona, suppose I will just have to get both. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Really enjoyed the comparison Fitz, thanks to @Cyrus for lending the watch.
    Enjoyed the 1/10sec timing and it makes it a nice option for athletics/swimming in notional terms at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Don’t make for about the IWC yet as I might cry :-)

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Fitz II wrote: »
    You can count in weeks on your hands how long I have known that, and I have thousands of hours wearing one, but once you see it its so obvious. A sign of good design I suppose.

The zenith is a tasty watch and I am not easily impressed.

El primero movement is impressive (plus the history behind saving the movement during the quartz crisis).

For my graduation watch it came down to triple date zenith or a speedy moonphase - the zenith was a little too expensive for me at the time (even with the BT employee discount) and no regrets about getting a speedy - but will probably end up with a triple calendar el primero at some point (they can go for rather cheap on the second hand market actually).

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Another good one. The "who should buy this" is really turning into the trademark of your channel, Fitz. Kind of a unique selling point. I like it a lot.

Nice opinion piece video Fitz.

However my opinion, for what it's worth, is that it is an ugly design. Hate the segmented bezel, the diamond indices and the roman numerals. You said it it's a 'mishmash'. An over-priced ****ter as a certain Aussie Youtuber would say.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The segmented bezel seems to be referencing a 50's Rolex/Tudor design I've seen a few times(but fecked if I can find a pic), though the overall design was more balanced in the older one IMHO because of the proportion of bezel to dial and watch. Plus it was of course a much smaller watch. 35mm IIRC. Which simply wouldn't work today. There's the hint of a tint of the OysterQuartz going on too. I would say that's more in play than the Royal Oak, at least directly.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

However my opinion, for what it's worth,

CT you know how much I value your opinion.

Is not overpriced at all, and non diamond versions can be had close to 2k, its very good value for the money. Obviously it not aimed at people who dont like how it looks, but its no sh1tter. Having actually worn the watch I find it rather nice and I think it would make a great entry level watch for a budding collector of quality watches.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    The segmented bezel seems to be referencing a 50's Rolex/Tudor design I've seen a few times(but fecked if I can find a pic), though the overall design was more balanced in the older one IMHO because of the proportion of bezel to dial and watch. Plus it was of course a much smaller watch. 35mm IIRC. Which simply wouldn't work today. There's the hint of a tint of the OysterQuartz going on too. I would say that's more in play than the Royal Oak, at least directly.

Agreed Wibbs there is a certain amount of oyster quartz in there and the old Tudor oyster prince, enough said that it certainly draws its design from other sources I am trying not to draw comparisons from watches viewers may not have seen, doing that makes the vids very didactic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nice opinion piece video Fitz.

However my opinion, for what it's worth, is that it is an ugly design. Hate the segmented bezel, the diamond indices and the roman numerals. You said it it's a 'mishmash'. An over-priced ****ter as a certain Aussie Youtuber would say.

I tend to agree on the 3 points you made about the design. Personally I don't think a diamond has any place on a mens watch. Reminds me of mens diamond stud earring. Some people love it though. The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same stuff.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    I tend to agree on the 3 points you made about the design. Personally I don't think a diamond has any place on a mens watch. Reminds me of mens diamond stud earring. Some people love it though. The world would be a boring place if we all liked the same stuff.

Yeah not a fan of diamonds myself. But we dont mind the rubies and sapphire on a display back. However times are changing and that sort of thing is getting more and more fashionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'm not a fan of roman numerals but the last watch I bought has roman numerals. It only needs to make sense to the person buying the watch

This one should get the blood pumping

https://youtu.be/VRx0nHyJTuE

Stop being treated like carp by Rolex ADs, buy Omega.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Dolphinitely, it’s awful fishy business with Rolex, you’re only codding yourself.

Or just for the Halibut buy Tudor and get value for money. Seaweed rather hold out hope of a RRP sports rolex no matter how sick to the gills we are of it. I blame the flippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

I sea what ye have done there

Carpe diem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I was ring shopping with the Mrs recently and was offered a "luxury watch" consultation appointment in Keane's Limerick a couple of weeks ago(the benefit of wearing 893's former VC).

Put it on the long finger as medical stuff is mounting up and a trip abroad for surgery could be in the offing. But it was intimated that aside from Rolex, if I'd bought the ring there and then that waiting list for almost anything else wouldn't be an issue.

Didn't buy from them in the end, had a far better sales experience a few doors down in Matthew Stephens and saved a couple of grand on a far nicer ring too. If only they carried Tudor or Omega!

Advertisement