Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

How come every one I know who takes the flu jab never have flu symptoms ?

I don't know anyone whether they're immunocompromised, elderly or unfit who took the flu jab and caught the flu, nobody.

Sounds like you're quite emotive and easily triggered, in order to not stress you out or waste your time I think it's best we leave it there.

Because you're just being awkward, and it's not easy to communicate with you when you're trying to add words like weasel, I don't want to be triggering some angry dude on board's.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"Everyone you know" is not the basis for any kind of scientific assessment. If you are going to base your claims on the limited number of people you have contacts with or hearsay that is not scientific thinking so I've no idea what you think you are doing here because no one will be able to convince you of anything nor will you be able to convince anyone of anything - because it won't be based on your limited personal experience. And everyone's personal experience is limited - that is not meant as a slight.

Asking people to provide evidence for their claims is not being awkward. I reject entirely the premise and content of any remarks about 'emotive' and 'easily triggered'. In my experience when someone throws out remarks like that it is nothing more than a smokescreen and attempt to distract attention from an argument they have lost or claim that when challenged they cannot substantiate.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

But they were suspended first. The hearing was later. The language doesn't matter. Has he been reinstated? No. He is not allowed to practice and has lost his livelihood.

My point is, they had reservations about the vaccines and they were immediately dealt with. Medical practitioners were sent a message. Comply or lose your ability to practice and your livelihood.

Now the claim is that the whole medical community is on board. Well, of course they are. There are consequences if not. They have been brought into line.

Again, it's not science it's propaganda.

Anytime it was advertised on TV and radio they finished the ad with "and no the vaccine doesn't give you the 'flu"

• Advertisement

You tell us? Were they reinstated? Were they struck off? It is your claim, support it or withdraw it.

They had to apply to the High Court to suspend them. So in the ROI case you cited to support your claim - it is false.

You said they were struck off. Your claim is false. The language does matter when you make false claims.

It would be 'unscientific' to allow a doctor who ignores scientific evidence in treatment of patients to continue.

Anymore than a doctor who engaged in homeopathy to treat cancer should be allowed to continue.

Absolutely zero evidence the wrong decision was made.

In one of the cases, the doctor claimed that covid was no worse than flu. This is patently false, entirely contrary to all available evidence and was legitimately actionable. So if you are going to claim it is propaganda not science, back that up. It should be trivial for you to do so if they have a case. Or withdraw it, like the rest of the false claims you have made. Well?

So why should they be reinstated? They are a danger to their patients and there should be consequences for such dereliction of professional responsibilities in the indulgence of quackery.

Look at what? Was this the point you intended to make? As you linked it as a source I think it is reasonable to assume you agree with the conclusion of the article which I have highlighted in bold:

We observed a larger effect of vaccination in the first 14-59 days after vaccination (i.e., OR 2.3 (95%CI 1.6-3.4) for Delta) compared to 60 days and longer (i.e., OR 1.4 (95%CI 0.9-2.0) for Delta), suggesting that the difference in VE between Delta and Alpha variant reduces over time since vaccination, possibly due to waning immunity...

Early studies showed that previous infection conferred better protection than vaccination without previous infection during the Delta period (3233). Best protection was induced by the combination of vaccination and previous infection. However, primary infection comes with a risk of hospitalization or death, especially in older persons or individuals with underlying conditions. Even if infection-induced immunity protects better against re-infection with novel variants, vaccination is preferred over infection to protect individuals against severe disease as the cumulative risk from two infections should be considered.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭hometruths

Suspended by their party for something else sounds very sinister. So much so, I was intrigued to learn more so googled it myself given you didn't post any of these links with a bunch of issues.

According to the BBC she stepped down voluntarily due to a difference of opinion.

Speaking to BBC Radio Foyle, Dr McCloskey said: "Over the last months my views on the government response to the coronavirus crisis has differed considerably from Aontú's party policy.

"I understand that as a political party you need to have a cohesive approach, party leader Peadar (Tóibín) was saying things differently to what I was saying.

"All of that really wasn't useful," she added.

Aontú leader Peadar Tóibín said that the party will hold a selection convention in the coming weeks to co-opt a successor to Dr McCloskey.

Mr Tóibín said Dr McCloskey "held enormous respect in Irish politics" and was "not afraid to question and challenge the status quo".

I guess now she's been suspended for being an anti-vaxxer, she is fair game to smear.

She will have been operating under the UK guidelines for GPs, which insist that GPs toe the line on vaccines or will be sanctioned. Same is true of Australia and no doubt other countries.

The idea that doctors, or other experts, are totally free to speak their minds on covid vaccines is totally ludicrous. Surely that much is blindingly obvious to anyone irrespective of your opinion on the pros and cons of the covid vaccines.

I read your post wrong, that paragraph I couldn't read due to my lack of optics.

I'm more of a layman and you're an intellectual and I am not as intelligent or as able to put word's together like you can . We obviously are not able to get along without any digs or trying to call each other out on agenda's or suggesting one's posting is weasel like etc...

When you mentioned weasel I knew what I was posting with. You're going against the charter and unable to post in good faith.

If you're interested in having a civil , discussion carry on, but if you're unable to discuss man to man or whatever your pronoun is then accept we're indifferent.

• Advertisement

I know, but then they're injecting people with the flu.

Supposedly it stays in your deltoid muscle, but yet it trains your white blood cells to create a response.

So Foch knows what the mRNA vaccines have done, but I'm sure in year's to come they may perfect a covid vaccine. But they sure made a hames of this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

At least preface nonsense with “in my opinion”. Let the casual observer know that you don’t base your thoughts on facts or science.

Well it's better not to to base all your thoughts actions and lifestyle on anything but what you're told to believe.

Better to be a casual outside observer rather than to be observed by a big experiment.... and once one willingly let a product tap into their RNA they become the product , or part of the herd.....bahhhh bahhhhh moooo mooo or whatever the phrase may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

When it comes to medical issues, peoples opinions while well meaning are sometimes dangerous. However, you seem to think that you know more than the vast majority of medical professionals. Everyone should bow to your superior opinions. I’ll go for consensus of the vast majority of medical experts than the opinion of an anti-vaxxer for medical issues, thank you.

I've no idea what you are on about. Re-read my previous posts. At all times I have attacked the posts and the way in which the claims are presented and supported when challenged.

You have entirely failed to substantiate any of your claims and if you cannot provide evidence to support them then you should stop making them as unqualified statements of facts such as "the vaccines don't work." Claims which have been shown to be without foundation.

If you continue to make unfounded claims without evidence they will be challenged.

You haven't convinced me to change my position, obviously you're not aware of what's being discussed.

Maybe it's buyer's remorse, but I forgot sure you freely went and rolled up your sleeve.

Are you qualified to make your claims,or do you believe what the shills are telling you, you should believe.

• Administrators Posts: 13,823 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

@bad2dabone do not post “supposedly” arguments again. Either post what you believe as fact, with evidence, or post that it is your personal belief.

I am getting very close to locking this thread as I don’t believe there is much point in letting it run. Personal petty arguments seem to be favoured in place of actually discussing the topic.

All posters are reminded to read The Forum Charter. If you think you don’t understand the rules, then I’d advise you to not post in the forum.

I think you're better off deleting it.

I think you're better off deleting it as there's no conspiracy theory. Just a slagging match at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Ok. So what's your explanation for this?

Who is involved in this conspiracy to silence doctors? Are all political parties involved or just Aontu?

• Administrators Posts: 13,823 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Some off topic posts and backseat modding deleted. Phrases like "you lot" are not helpful to anyone.

I assume there are some people still interested in discussing the topic. I would prefer to let the thread run with interested parties debating the issue. Any posters breaching the charter, name calling, backseat modding, or posting off topic from this point will be thread banned.

If you can't debate the topic maturely and constructively then don't post.

• Advertisement

And? What about, what about, what about.

You have contributed nothing here but nitpicking and whataboutery.

Are you going to apologise for lying about what I said? Are you even going to acknowledge it? Or do you think you can just move on and do it again?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

On top of that, the ROI case involved refusing to refer patients on to be tested. That's hugely irresponsible and putting patient's lives at risk. @Fr0g doesn't seem to mind if patients die due to outright refusal to do the basics of one's job though...

I don't think you're that gullible to go seek medical advice from an antivaxxer.

That comment about everyone should bow down to someone's superior opinions, is that a joke ?

Where did you pull that comment from ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Why is it dangerous not to have a test, we were told plenty of times from the likes of Colm Henry you don't need to get a test just stay at home with symptoms.

How you can state not testing could cause deaths is absurd, ignoring effective treatments is what caused deaths and seems to be still causing them.

There's a few Irish doctor's out there i'm thankful didn't keep their mouths shut and were a breath of fresh air to hear on the non mainstream Irish channels.

Where did he say he doesn't mind if people died ?

That's quite a loaded comment.

And other people not getting a test could result in them remaining untreated as they sit it out at home. I say this as somebody who had a relative almost die from it...

If you're happily going against the medical consensus and are in a position where you're treating vulnerable people, you are endangering their lives. On top of that, plenty of those vulnerable people are on medical cards so don't have the option of switching GP.

So what were these people who took a test being treatred with once they got a test that they couldn't have without a test? Are you claiming there was effective treatmets out there?

I don't see how knowing somone who almost died comes into it, did they get it off someone who refused to take a test, did the doctor refuse to treat their symptons as they didn't have a test yet (delayed intevention).

There's so many contradictions with the rhona, that's why I am sceptical about the science.

They seem to change the goalpost a lot.

So far we haven't identified a conspiracy, but there's sure is a lot of conflicting opinions coming from political classes and the medical expert's .

The vaccines are harming women' menstrual cycle's. That's definitely a problem for a woman who's clock is ticking and she wants to have a kid.

The naysayers would say prove it and they'll attempt to change your perception of your ability to read and understand that it's not happening and if it is, it's normal.

Anything but normal to take a shot and your menstrual cycle's gone haywire.

• Advertisement

Oh there's been plenty of conspiracices, It started with people calling bull on 14days to flatten the curve, most of use just clapped like seals though and called them conspiracy therorists.

We've had the menstral thing in this house, what's worse is the women who've been robbed of a chance at motherhood, lots of girls in that 35+ brackets social lives were nuked and their chance to meet somone dwindled to nothing. It's criminal what we let them do, karma is a big circle though.

Advertisement