Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Well done our man on the ground in Montevideo, The honorable Alejandro Recarey. The health minister respects the decision to suspend Pfizer for under 13's.

I won't post a link just in case it's not from an approved source.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,470 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's here:

Uruguay suspends COVID vaccination for children under 13 - ABC News (go.com)

Not sure why you'd be frightened of that, except to say that all the questions that you posted were answered and the suspension is purely down to the contracts being presented to the judge.

So, now that the questions were all answered, where are you going to slink towards next?

Or is your only issue with the vaccines down to the contracts?

I've also no issue calling out liars as liars, you've been on this crusade for 2 years and each item you post either gets debunked as fraudulent, wasn't an issue, or, as in the latest case, wasn't a safety issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

No it was never true. Pfizer documents confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But what you claim things say and what they actually say don't match up. Like when you were previously misrepresenting the Pfizer statement.

That's most likely what's happening here.

I don't know where to begin with is. There are so many factors that affect how an individual or race or ethnicity will react to an infection it would be impossible to account for them all. The Australasian region has low infection rates because of prior immunity, seasonal factors, amount of sunshine, diet and lifestyle to name a few. A milder or more deadly variant could affect 2 neighbors very differently.

In almost all cases an airborne virus will mutate to be milder. Every new variant of COVID has so far proven to be so because 99% of the time that is what happens and I am quite sure will continue to happen

One caveat is that we have never vaccinated so many in the middle of a pandemic for a novel airborne virus before. It is completely new territory.

It could cause the virus to mutate to be more lethal. Time will tell.

• Advertisement

I never misrepresented the Pfizer statement. I provided a link and quoted from it. You constantly post in bad faith and twist, troll and derail because you can't debate any other way.

I have asked you multiple times about the necessity for vaccinating children and you never answered. Choosing instead to try and lead me down dead ends arguing petty little points of no consequence.

When you are asked a question you immediately make up a dumb question and then say "why should I answer yours if you don't answer mine".

This is your last opportunity to answer the question on necessity for young children.

A simple yes or no. Should they be given the COVID jab or not.

If I don't get a straight answer I'm putting you on ignore.

My issue is the coercion, forcing and down right bullying people into taking them that never needed them.

Explain your liar statement because if it's the same as last night I hope the honorable mod hands you back your ass in a sling. The warning was quite clear.

Anyway today I'm hopeful it's looking good for everyone on both sides of the barbed wire.

It's not peer reviewed yet but if correct the futures bright.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2022.07.06.22277306v1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭snowcat

Yes like everyone else I followed the progress of vaxx development hoping for a great vaccine. It was fairly obvious from day 1 of vaccine roll out that things were not going quite as expected. The data coming out of Israel was not great in the early stages and never really improved. Then the transition from vaxxing the vulnerable and elderly to the borderline mandatory vaxx of everyone including kids changed the narrative.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Did the definition of the word voluntary change recently and nobody told the rest of us?

Are you trying to wind up those right wing conspiracy theorist, granny killing, fossil fuel burning, Dutch Farmer supporting anti vaxxers,

Memory hole'n what happened here on the Island by suggesting it was Voluntary just isn't going to fly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Am voluntary discrimination and medical apartheid maybe, other than that it was probably obfuscated voluntary.

Hey remember that one time when it looked like you needed a jab for electric picnic and they all got jabbed and there was no ep in the end.

That's the 3rd of September, the Monday after the picnic weekend that never was.

Yes, you did misrepresent the Pfizer statement. I showed you how you were misrepresenting them. You ignored those points.

It's not "petty" to show that your arguments and points and fundamentally based on such misrepresentations and dishonestys. It shows the giant flaws in your position.

And again, I have addressed you question many times. I have explained how it's a silly emotive tactic you're trying to use to frame people who disagree with you as somehow wanting to endanger children or not caring. You know this is what you're doing.

And yes, you've constantly dodged questions and points put to you every time you're asked. It's the standard tactic of conspiracy theorists.

But to answer your question directly, so you know how it looks when some one does so.

Yes, children over 6 months should be given the vaccine. I agree with the CDC recommendation:

You lot have constantly failed to show any rational reason to disagree with this recommendation. And all of your arguments rely on fear, ignorance and dishonesty.

I suspect you will still be ignoring me though.

Lol, the CDC. After all you've been presented with.

Glad you finally said you support it from 6mts and up. We've shown the data is junk by using Pfizer's own findings, kids build good natural immunity with a 0.00% statical risk of adverse outcomes.

They don't need it. The benefits don't out way the safety risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

great, thanks for confirming you would prefer an echo chamber...

If you have an issue with my responses, please feel free to respond to any of my numerous analysis of evidence/papers presented in support of vaccines being unsafe on a whole.... your friends are having a great time dodging facts in regards to many challenges in what they present... if this comes across as me being biased... it may do, because my queries go unanswered in alot of cases, which probably pitches me in a certain light...

again, feel free to respond to these challenges to change my mind... but for now, I'm following research papers.

edit: when I say research papers...I mean University library searches, or at worst.. google scholar.... it's actually not that hard

Post edited by shillyshilly on

no problem if you don't know where to begin. the basics seems be lost on a number of people in this thread....

Junior cert science is a great start, leaving cert biology will take you well above the average in here... but seeing as you have a new theory that all viruses will automatically mutate into a less severe version to humans ... I'm not gonna lie, this ground breaking discovery by yourself, with no prior evidence.... it might just win the nobel prize...

go for it man... this sort of stuff is unheard of

Yes. The CDC after you guys have been completely and utterly dishonest about everything you've claimed. After all the twitter dumps and debunked false claims.

You're claiming Pfizer is saying one thing, but as we've seen, you guys always misrepresent what you read. (Or don't actually read as the case maybe.)

Why would I trust you guys over the CDC?

Why do you believe the CDC is lying?

hey, remember those numerous times drunkmonkey was caught out lying, then dodged it, then played a pity card when the noise about dodging got too loud.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I understand the individual words that you have both used, could you please rearrange them into a coherent sentence for us though as whatever it is you are trying to say isn't at all obvious.

I guess you are trying to claim that vaccination was mandatory and forced on people? If that was the case then how come there are unvaccinated people who chose not to take up the offer for whatever reasons?

• Advertisement

And the bigger concern is why they are not dead from Covid or clogging up the ICU's. There should be a concerted well funded media appeal to force them to get vaxxed for the Covid to save our hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

It has been explained many times about covid mutating. Do you need it explained once more in the hope that it sinks in?

No one was forced or coerced to get the vaccine. Thank you for confirming that with your post.

Post edited by Fighting Tao on

We were told the vaccine could be tweaked within days to cope with variants. Why has that not happened. Has that sunk in yet?

Could be anything to do with the fact that their is way more profit to be made from an existing vaccine that performs poorly regarding transmission and needs to be taken multiple times? Or develop a new one at cost that works really well but kills their ongoing revenue stream. Pharma companies exist to make profit. That is their number 1 aim. Customers not taking drugs does not generate profit.

Wow. Back to basics. The vaccines are still effective against current variants, and the variants have been getting weaker. New versions have not been required yet.

What has new versions of vaccines got to do with the claim that people were forced to take vaccines, when they absolutely were not forced.

Ran out of road with the last argument and now taking a wild diversion. However, changing the point to how new versions have not been of the vaccine reinforces how good the existing vaccines are.

Not forced just your freedom limited if you did not comply. No flights, no bars, no gym veiled threats of no healthcare. We were not far short of badging people with their status. Would remind you of unsavoury antics in Nazi Germany not so long ago.

Godwin strikes again. All your arguments are null and void. It appears that you are anti vaccine just to be a contrarian. You haven’t provided any compelling arguments why vaccines are unsafe. You’ve flipped the conversation multiple times in your last few posts alone. It’s as if you work off a list of arguments and use a random number generator to see what you can fling and if it will stick.

In your edited post you added that pharmaceutical companies exist to make a profit. If they made a dangerous vaccine, then they wouldn’t be making profits. If the vaccine killed so many people as your co-antivaxxers claim, then they wouldn’t make a profit of them in future. It’s in pharmaceutical companies interest to keep people alive as long as possible because it increases the chances that they will require medication and other treatments for other ailments as they age. It’s very simple logic. Dead people don’t make pharmaceutical companies money.

Sure, because virology is taught in national schools.

I prefer to listen to an expert that has spent his whole career in virology

His credentials are at the end of the site. Be sure to scroll all the way down.

Now I'll wait for the inevitable ridicule of a true expert by some randomer on boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭hometruths

It is pretty amazing that there are some people who claim nobody was coerced to get the vaccine.

Extraordinary stuff.

Advertisement