Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Again. You posted that article.

You lied about what it said.

Why did you lie about it when you're trying to "uncover the truth"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

My condolences to you over losing your friend, a friend of mine lost her son who was 23 after the jab. He was gone within a few days, he had a bad reaction to it and it was a clot he got.

I've been close to a few who had losses after the clot shot. It's shocking that people are not suspicious or can't see the wood from the trees.

I've a feeling that batches have also been left to fester and the administration of the vaccines is definitely questionable. People who are supposedly sticking it willy nilly, not even going through the right procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

It was more than one person calling you a liar, I was one who did also, on the back of the Israeli article you posted which actually was about nothing to do with the study it referenced... where you said you read the study... so you lied...

As sad as the boohoo story is, that's all it is without proof, a story ... it's not facebook or twitter here, if you're going to claim something, have the evidence to back it up.

For ref, which I responded to and you dodged:

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fr0g

You have nothing to contribute here. You're just trolling and derailing every where you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Didn't intend to dodge it was a decent post and deserved a respone. Had a reply just ready but got busy and you'd moved on to something else I didn't agree with you on.

• Advertisement

Nope. I'm trying to get you to focus on one point rather than allowing you to deflect to another false claim to avoid the first.

It's not trolling to point out you are misrepresenting things.

You claimed that that pfizer article claimed the vaccine was 100% effective and safe.

Do you agree now that does not say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I would imagine for the same reason as you were banned from covid forum threads when posting the same thing, it's highly unlikely to have actually happened (as you were one of those attacking vaccines before the roll out) and it's based off anecdotes and isn't data driven.

Now what you say could be correct, but I'd imagine it's on you that your credibility in that regard was shot when you post it.

I for one don't believe it, if it's real, my condolences, if it's made up, as is highly likely, that is the actions of an awful human.

The fact that you're jumping from twitter post to Facebook post and continuing to spread misinformation supports this.

FYI for those on the forum, I never got proof of donation from @DrFrost.

did that post explain why you lied when you said you read the study and were arguing that the news article was exactly about the referenced study and not just an opinion of a article writer?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm banned from one or two for loosing the rag with a few heads and haven't appealed, in all seriousness who wants to be in the mask thread.

I'm not banned from the vaccine thread or plenty others, those vaccines you say I attacked were discontinued in Ireland, I was happy enought to take the Oxford one until it started to look dodgy, also mentioned the J&J, why aren't they still lashing them out? I backed up my findings with the source.

Your trying to deliberatly misrepresnt me, I was right about them beacuse I actually followed the Science as it evolved

I've never once posted something from facebook. Twitter is an excellent news source if you know how to use it.

You've basically called me a liar again, jesus if there was a decent bone in your body you'd have enough cop on not to say anything if you think i'm making that up.

Man I've most of the loons here blocked,it's not a great thread to be honest. Full of sealions and shills. They definitely have skin in the game and it's quite clear they don't post their shoite anywhere else because they would be running with their tails between their legs. Not one of them would offer condolences to you for loosing a friend or have any concerns for their fellow human beings.

You're dealing with bots in way's, or NPCs. They are not normal regular folks. They are here to stand up for the vaccines. And they're a laughing stock, they already squeeled on DrFrost. That's what you're up against. They'll sealion you until you'll react. They are ridiculously adamant about saving the clot shot's.

Same idiots will keep pumping themselves every 90 day's with the needle craft, for the rest of their lives.

---------------------------------------------

Warned for ignoring moderator instruction. If you can't post without resorting to name calling, I suggest you don't post.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

The AZ and J&J vaccines have been well covered already. There were valid reasons for them declining in use. It’s all in this thread, just like practically everything else brought up repeatedly. If something new is raised, great, but sadly conspiracy theorists appear to be stuck in a loop. Repeating falsehoods does not make them suddenly become true. However, there are other people who might see the thread and are gullible and get influenced by conspiracy theorists if the repeated lies are not called out. There are also quite a few conspiracy theorists that are proven liars and practically all their post contain lies. Calling a proven liar a liar is factual.

Is needle craft that stitching practice sheets that used to be done in primary school, or is it more like witch craft that some conspiracy theorists seem to believe in?

It's a term some conspiracy theorists have taken to using to make the vaccination program seem I dunno... sillier? More nonsensical? It's unclear and they won't explain why they're using it and other euphemisms.

It's only sealioning if people answer the original question... which seems to be a rarity from the anti-vax side.... which leads to a meandering route of questions to potentially get a glimpse of an answer to the original question.

As for squeeling, I've had a number of side warnings due to people not liking what I've said, I don't make a song and dance about it.

Can you give examples of other threads that I've left with my tail between my legs please?

Also, playing the emotion card, and believing everything on the internet as Gospel is the reason the likes of drunkmonkey can state something and for it to be believed without any factual evidence, even when they've been caught out as a liar on a number of occasions...

• Administrators Posts: 13,860 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

All posters are reminded to argue the points raised.

Personal attacks such as name calling will not be tolerated. Denying someone else's experience will not be tolerated. This thread in particular will have 2 completely opposing sides. Either side is unlikely to convince the other. So don't try. Lay out your points without getting petty or personal.

The Forum has not be moderated for a while and I am just catching up. I will not be able to see every post in every thread. If a poster of posts are bothersome and trolling/abusive please PM me with a link to the post.

All breaches of the forum charter or site rules will result in warnings up to and including forum bans, and possibly site bans.

I claimed that the Pfizer website stated 100% effective. It states it several times. I assume most people looking at this thread can read.

"Vaccine was 100% effective in preventing COVID-19"

It doesn't matter how much or how little I quote from the site. I have posted the link. They use the phrase "100% effective" several times. As have news media, politicians, so called experts and advisors.

You denied this. The point is, I am refuting your assertion that nobody was told it was 100% safe and effective. That is simply untrue. The public was given the impression that it was safe and effective and would stop the disease.

I can quote all kinds of sources or the reader can judge for themselves

That is all I have to say about the subject. If you want to claim that I am lying then prove that the site does not contain the phrase "100% effective" or apologise.

At least 2 of them from this thread reported me as well. I will not be pushed off the thread.

and it's been explained numerous times that this was true for the original and alpha variant. you continue to ignore this

Lol.

I asserted no such thing. I never once said, claimed or insinuated that the phrase was not contained in the link.

This is a lie on your part.

What I am arguing is that you are misrepresenting what was said in the article to mean something it doesn't. You clearly do not understand how someone can do this, so I will demonstrate. Your posts repeatedly contain the words "the vaccine is 100% effective."

Does this mean that you are claiming it is 100% effective?

Would it be honest of me to declare that's your stance?

(And since we'd be forever getting you to answer these questions...) No, obviously not because the rest of your posts and the complete sentences you use make it clear that's not what you are saying.

When the article uses the phrase "100% effective" you claim they are saying this about the vaccine as a whole and that this would always be the case.

But when you read the full sentence including the bits you keep editing out we can see that's not the case.

They said that it was shown to be 100% effective in the scope of a South African study where there was only one or two old variants around at the time.

The only other example they use it for is referring to effectiveness against severe disease which is different to effectiveness against infection.

And this is also aside from all the other things in the article that you keep pretending don't exist and probably haven't actually read. Like for example how they keep quoting other less than 100% figures for effectiveness. Or the big long disclaimer at the end where they spell out for everyone that all this information was accurate at the time and circumstances were open to change.

Again this is something you provided as evidence for your argument.

You didn't actually read it.

And this isn't the only time you've been caught out doing this.

Post edited by King Mob on

He's literally ignoring all of that article save for that one half sentence.

• Advertisement

They try it with everyone, best thing I ever did was put them on ignore , then you don't have to interact with them if they're posting in bad faith.

The thread's about discussing a conspiracy, or potential conspiracy. But unfortunately there's people who are constantly turning this into debunking rather than a discussion.

It's like if you had a Christianity forum, and there's constant non believers killing the atmosphere. I'm not religious myself, but I respect their faith.

I used to be one of those atheist's obsessed with the church and debunking religion, I realized that it's none of my business really. And I was joining in on the jokes and looking out for the next religious scandal so I could join in on the fun mocking the church and having one-upmanship over religion and new age woo spirituality. It's like a mental illness, obsessed with being a disgruntled atheist...I found out what I was really like.

The better option frog is to just discuss with people who are interested in the conspiracy rather than debunking it.

It's less dramatic I tell ya:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You're going around in circles and repeating the same old same old. You're intelligent enough to know that everyone here's at the same craic.

If I had power behind me I'd suggest a conspiracy theorist thread where a conspiracy theorist would moderate it . After all it's a thread for disusing conspiracy theories, not debunking them.

History shows that your idea of a thread solely for conspiracy theorists would not work. They never question each other. It would be the echo chamber conspiracy theorists have been crying for via the feedback thread. Ye all want to post any old shite and not be challenged. That’s fair enough if you are talking harmless stuff, but covid has killed and continues to kill albeit at a lesser level. Anyone posting falsehoods about It should be challenged.

I see your point, but how come there's a lot of people on other forums who don't trust the vaccines and say they're not working. But you guys will not go into those discussions and only latching onto the conspiracy theorists.

You're right about harmless stuff being mediocre etc

And you're right about the conspiracy theorists not challenging each other, I've responded to a few conspiracy theorists here and only two of them will respond and not acknowledge my comment. So there's not much point in trying to get along with the majority of them. I don't care whether they like me or not.

I've realized that a lot of conspiracy theorists work alone and don't like company.

You guys are more inclined to chat amoungst yourselves which is a good trait at least you're supportive of each other.

I don't think the conspiracies here are going to sway many peoples opinions on the big scheme of things to be honest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If there was a discussion to be had about the conspiracy and anyone would lay out what it is, who is behind it and why, then there would certainly be something interesting to chat about.

That is not what conspiracy theorists post though. All they post is that they don't belive in something, Bill Gates, George Soros, Klaus Schwabb, microchips, vaccines, lizard overlords and a few other keywords in some vague sentence... Then they refuse to answer any questions about the theory.

If the conspiracy theorists had everyone else on ignore as they claim then surely this forum would be populated by them having these discussions between themselves about their theories as they ignore all other posts, but it isn't. It's just posts of random words, and zero detail or discussion about their theories because they aren't capable of figuring out any motivation for the theories or how any of them might actually happen.

• Advertisement

It's not just that conspiracy theorists don't challenge each other. Given how they react at the suggestion that they might support or believe something another theorist has claimed, it's clear that they think that most other conspiracy theories are crazy.

They won't discuss anything with anyone period.

The forum would just be a place to link dump opinions from twitter.

Advertisement