Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for advice about Bad running habits

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Anyway, good stuff. Don’t worry about the running being bad for you in the long term. It’s not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Sorry third of a large chicken fillet. Not breast.
    christ I leave more than that out for the birds if we get a hard frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Average man needs 2600 to maintain weight. My run is burning 19% of that. Would seem significant. I haven’t a clue what I’m intaking.

My diet in a normal day would be a sugary cereal (poor start that I need to fix, I don’t like muesli or porridge), then lunch might be butternut squash soup with white or brown bread or it might be less such as a quarter of a honeydew melon and a banana smoothie with oat milk, a pour of a strawberry yop, some plain yoghurt and a pour of oats.

Dinner lately is a third of a large chicken breast wrapped in bacon and cheese with a large portion of vegetables mixed with a boil bag of kasza, sundried tomato, botlotti beans.

Small chocolate bar usually at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

ultrapercy wrote: »

Yeah, it’s a 11 year old boys portion. Although I live in a country which has larger chicken fillets than Ireland. Artificially increased I presume. It’s in the EU so it should be the same food safety standards. I should really find out why the fillets are larger here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭jlang

Trampas wrote: »
    Bad back from running. I’d doubt it. Bad posture from sitting can give people bad backs.
    I'm not medical, but I think this is often the case. It's the prolonged sitting (desk/sofa/driving) that causes the issues over the medium to long term but then it is the running that exposes that weakness in the "hips/back/knees/ankles/hamstring/...".

So the "I never had a problem until I started running" is both true and false, as is advice that "the problem may go away if you stop running" advice. (In the sense that I never knew I was building up a problem and I can continue to ignore it for longer)

• Advertisement
Advertisement