We have updated our Privacy Notice, you can read the updated document here
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

How long for a felling license.

Registered Users Posts: 36 Mollydog123

Hi All, I have 30 acres in Clare that was planted in 1992. Got one of the forestry companies out in 2019 and they applied for felling license in April 2019. I've read through a lot of the posts here and I seem to be exceptional at 2 years and no license. Anyone know where I could get more information.

Comments

Hi All, I have 30 acres in Clare that was planted in 1992. Got one of the forestry companies out in 2019 and they applied for felling license in April 2019. I've read through a lot of the posts here and I seem to be exceptional at 2 years and no license. Anyone know where I could get more information.

Call the Forest Service , Johnstown Castle , Co Wexford

That's way too long. They are taking longer in last year or so but 2019 should only have been a few weeks really. Planted 1992, presume you're clearfelling?

some felling licences have been in the system for 4 years.

My brother does the felling licences in Johnston castle.

[email protected]

+3530539163400 phone number wexford

They have alot of extra staff trying to clear them now.

You do realize that under the new AA bull**** that a massive surrounding area has to be screened?https://www.farmersjournal.ie/average-planting-sites-of-7ha-need-niss-covering-70-000ha-614557

It is nonsense, the Inspectorate at Agriculture House knows it, and refuses to change it. It is like the co-pilot informing the captain of the aircraft that the AGL inputs in the flight-plan are too low and that you will bang straight into a mountain unless the course is corrected.

That's way too long. They are taking longer in last year or so but 2019 should only have been a few weeks really. Planted 1992, presume you're clearfelling?

No a second thinning. Forester said should be clear-felled 7 years after that. That was 2 years ago. He contacted me 2 weeks ago to say that the Dept told him they were concentrating on felling license's now as another poster has mentioned.

You do realize that under the new AA bull**** that a massive surrounding area has to be screened?https://www.farmersjournal.ie/average-planting-sites-of-7ha-need-niss-covering-70-000ha-614557

That seems crazy

That seems crazy

It is insane, and it is reckoned to be part of an attempt to stop conifer afforestation in its tracks and to get people to plant native broadleaves only. It does not matter that there will most likely be no timber except firewood produced from such plantations, the object is native trees.

This lunatic policy is being enforced by Dublin born and bred foresters.

How DAFM expects to supply timber to the mills, and people to make a living is anyone's guess.

Protest the madness to [email protected]

It is insane, and it is reckoned to be part of an attempt to stop conifer afforestation in its tracks and to get people to plant native broadleaves only. It does not matter that there will most likely be no timber except firewood produced from such plantations, the object is native trees.

This lunatic policy is being enforced by Dublin born and bred foresters.

How DAFM expects to supply timber to the mills, and people to make a living is anyone's guess.

Protest the madness to [email protected]

Do you or anyone have a complaint template by any chance

Who is the relevant minister for forestry these days? Is it part of the ag portfolio or is it lumped in with something else these days? There's no point in spamming up Pippa Hackett's inbox if we should be lobbying someone else.

If this keeps up there will be illegal logging going on, I mean one Sitka board at a sawmill looks very like another one at a sawmill. This fiasco has been going on far too long.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

99nsr125 wrote: »
    Do you or anyone have a complaint template by any chance
    Thanks for the inquiry but no.
    Everyone and the dog in Leinster House knows what and who the problems are but as they say "ever hear of a public servant being fired". Minister Hackett is a weak minister who has been fully informed repeatedly whao and what the problems are in the Forest Service but like a rabbet in the headlights she's terrified to make a hard decision.
    Current policy, unstated of course, is to plant Native Woodland everywhere and anywhere before any conifer. One stipulation is that NWS projects should be able to produce commercial sawlog and that is one of the biggest scams these people are perpetrating. Call NWS what it is which is necessary forest creation for the birds, which is fine, but pay people for 30years instead of 15, and stop bull****ting them that they will get commercial sawlog some day.

DAFM is also prioritizing Coillte felling licenses ahead of private licenses.

The DAFM staff who are responsible for the industry collapse cannot be fired, held accountable or disciplined and they will get paid and pensioned no matter what happens.

Call/email/write your elected reps. I'm amazed that the industry is sitting back and not organizing a mass strike or refusing DAFM personnel onto their property.

Write to the newspapers and call them to account. The current inspectorate is hellbent on destroying conifer afforestation in this country. Nurseries have had to destroy trees because demand in Ireland has collapsed, but they have been saved by exporting 80% of their trees to the UK.

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected] civil servant in charge of forestry
    [email protected] Sec General of DAFM
    [email protected] Chief Inspector

[email protected] Driver of NWS afforestation

Find your public representative here

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/members/tds/

With email your complaint is now valid and you will get an acknowledgement, but get friends and family to email and make your voices heard.

Society & Culture