Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship (Liam McCarthy Cup) 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Congratulations Limerick worthy winners they dominated Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 903 ✭✭✭skaface

Well done Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Fair play to limerick and their posters on here such as breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Magnificent performance. Well done Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Congratulating a great performance is brown nosing? I await the thank on your posts from your other accounts on here, betsy,paddy and external. Paddy and betsy joined august 9th and you on august 8th. Laughable at least try to be clever when running several accounts external. Im off, my work here is done and you made it quite easy.

• Advertisement

Absolutely. God, I remember the heartbreak so, so clearly I find it really hard to accept just how good this Limerick side is. It's dreamland stuff. I remember the 90's and part of me still loves that team, and I remember the abject disappointment of what became of our previous 3 in row u21 side (though I still don't fully understand it). This is great.

I am absolutely certain we'll see a Cork All Ireland very, very soon. Today was a hard lesson I suppose but great players come back better from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

How about the All Stars this year ?

could it be Pat Horgan, Eoin Murphy plus 13 Limerick lads ??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

There is a large part of me that still can’t believe it. There were times after some huge defeats where it was hard to even imagine one all-Ireland from a Limerick team. If you told me few years ago that they would win 3 in 4 years I wouldn’t have believed it and would of thought you out of you mind. I am very proud of the team. We may as well enjoy ourselves during the good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

What on earth can you say about that performance today? The game was over again after 25 minutes. Limerick were in cruise control for the entire second half. They’re a juggernaut of a team and I can see them winning as many all Ireland’s as they like to be honest. Realistically they’re miles ahead of everyone else.

Cork looked very nervous in the parade, but they battled back well after the early goal. All they did however was poke the beast. Limerick just took over all over the field and in the blink of an eye were 8 points up. Cork probably didn’t do themselves justice but to be fair, Cork doing themselves justice might have been a 10 point defeat instead of 16. Limerick are just too powerful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

Very proud of limerick again today and brilliant to have won 3 in 4 years and we have a unique bunch of players all at same age and totally on top of their game, had luck to cork, great hurling County and ye have great underage hurlers coming through, it's not easy to ship such a beating but heads up and keep supporting yer team as that's what true sport is and what life is all about, ye will come back stronger

Another lurker who holds a serious grudge over an opinion.

Early in the summer, Clare v Tipp, I expressed the belief that Paudie Maher and Barrett go down soft. Maher especially against Aaron Dunphy of Laois in the All Ireland quarter final in 2019. You took serious exception. You made snide remarks about Laois as hurlers. Then you called us a 'bunch of queens'. You're the two ends of a bollix who's posts no one reads.

Then you come on with one liners and start talking about 'your work being done', you have as much wit about you as Timmy Higgins in Killinaskully.

Because I express an opinion on a few Tipp hurlers doesn't mean I disrespect the rest of the team, past hurlers, or the county. But you come out with cliched belittling stuff about a smaller county.

And then sneaky comments to try and get a poster banned. Craven cowardly behaviour. You don't even have the balls to get a card.

Absolutely, winning one would have been enough for me. I don't take any particular joy from Waterford or Mayo's win-less streak, I'd genuinely love to see them win an All Ireland soon, simply because I've been there, i've felt that "we'll never, ever win this in my lifetime" despair and it's awful.

Conversely, I think there's a really special Cork team coming through and it's up to everyone else to win what they can when they can.

As an aside, someone here from Laois said they'll never see an All Ireland winning side from their county. Kilkenny have only 15,000 more of a population, it's not genetics that's different. If Laois threw their resources at an underage academy like Limerick did a decade ago, and Cork and Offaly have been doing recently, we could see a competitive Laois in years to come. It's easy to laugh at the thought but Limerick's success can't be separated from the academy.

Football get the best of anything on offer from our county board. I agree though, we'd be better off going with hurling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well done limerick today. Ye were totally awesome. No weak link.

This will set us back a year I think, but I do think Cork will get there in next 3-5 years.

Limerick seem a shoe in next year too. I know this championship is only hours over but I can't see any team getting close in 12 months time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

What a team.

settled back into neutral in the second half. "Managed" the second half superbly

Not a Limerick person BTW, Have Cork and Wexford roots.

First half was the Best half of hurling I've seen in many years.

Tough on Cork to encounter the best team in the last 20 years

Well deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭farmerval

With Tipp Kilkenny and Galway facing big rebuilds, it's really only Cork and Waterford that might put it up to Limerick in the next two years.

The frightening thing is that Limerick didn't do anything that Cork would not have anticipated, just they could do nothing about it. Creating space and Gillane and Flanagan galloping into it, Hegarty running onto Cian Lynch's passes etc. these are all things they've done all year but no-one's found an effective way of counteracting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Congrats to all our Limerick posters. What a performance, application, physicality, application and heart. Superb to watch. Long may your excellence be appreciated. Enjoy and savour.

That’s the thing, what can be done by other counties in 9 months to get up to their level? Fitness and workrate is one thing but the conditioning levels of this Limerick team are nothing like I’ve ever seen before. One thing I’ll say is the digs about money and resources is rubbish. This Limerick team are a one off. Money doesn’t build a Gearoid Hegarty, Dan Morrissey or William O’Donoghue. Money doesn’t buy you Cian Lynch’s skill levels either. Yeah the players or management want for nothing but money doesn’t buy muscles and it doesn’t buy you desire or workrate. Limerick are just in a very fortunate place at the moment where this group of players have come together at the same time.

I feel sorry for Cork and Kieran Kingston and the management team. They probably got some of their matchups wrong but at the same time, they weren’t the ones dropping balls or leaving their markers free.

Can I see anyone stopping Limerick in the next year or two years? No is the answer. I said it a few weeks ago, all the players talk about is their legacy and they know they’re making history in their own county.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

The gaa president coundnt present the cup today because of covid yet bar men all over the country will present pints by the thousands....... absolute daft. Kind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Where is Speakerboxx now? 🤣

Congrats on your bet kid 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Interesting that you mention nerves.

Some of the Cork players looked like they were paralysed with nerves, Robert Downey could barely lift his legs in the first half.

The full back line looked like geriatrics, they struggled to get up any speed at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm guessing no Hotel functions for the finalists ?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Glenomra

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Congrats to limerick, they're miles ahead of everyone, hard to see anyone beat them next year either, all the others can do is hope to close the gap a bit next year and then challenge in 2023. Limerick look well placed to emulate Kilkenny's 4 in a row team.

Post edited by Girly Gal on

My father in law saw the Cork team in the train station and text me this morning to say he was worried. Got the same text during the warmup and the parade! He said they looked terrified. Understandable considering he day that was in it and especially as they’ve so many young lads in the team.

Downey looked devastated after the game he just never got into the game at all. I feel very sorry for him he’s a super player and still young. They got an awful time of it today but the underage success has to give Cork probably more hope than some of the other counties.

I thought back to the All Ireland semi final in 2018. If Cork had held on, would we be seeing what we’re seeing now with this Limerick team? I know that Kiely said the win changed the whole mindset for the group. Would they be the same animal they are now if Cork had beaten them that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

I'm here. Best team won by a mile. Limerick are a super team and destroyed Cork on the day.

Did the Cork team travel up this morning, surely not ?

The 3 goals Cork conceded today, you wouldn't see that at schoolboy level, so naive and lackadaisical.

First ball was a poor handpass by Cork, the second Cork left 2 v 2 inside and one left his man and the third Limerick had a man completely unmarked.

No excuse for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cork stayed in Dublin last night and had a light run this morning at a separate pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Walter Alright

Today really shows that Tipperary were the only team to give Limerick a decent game. The semi final was a non contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

To be fair to Limerick, they went for the jugular with those goals. Knocked the stuffing out of the Rebels.

Cork were very disappointing on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Cork were lucky to be there, squeezed through the softer side of the draw. Very disappointing for them, but they can learn from it, the type of hurling they’re playing for a long time won’t cut it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Limerick are machines the skills are second nature, fitness A1 tactics, work rate planning the lot. Summed up by Shane Dowling’s outfit in the RTE studio right down to the green tie and socks!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

They are a huge team, look more like rugby players than hurlers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

They still move like Hurlers they are super athletes!

What you talking about? Tipperary were destroyed in 2nd half. They would have been destroyed today too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭davidx40

Awesome men ... Awesome performance .....hard to see them beaten next year ....but for me as a kk man id rate Waterford by some distance the next best ....I don't think they're getting the credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Tipp gave Limerick a decent 35 minutes

Limerick subsequently battered Tipp worse than they battered Cork for the next 35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

The conditioning is unbelievable, it takes years to build that

I've never seen players bring the ball into the tackle and not loose the ball like they can

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

Strongest Gaelic team I've seen. Ahead of Dublin. 5 to 6 years work on those bodies.

Kieran Kingston is an absolute gent, as is John Kiely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

I'll hold my hands up, I got this one wrong. Limerick imposed their physical anti hurling game on Cork, and it worked. Cork had to take balls into the forwards first time everytime, and hardly managed it once. Now I see why people call them flakey, didn't want to accept it.

Limerick were immense but are a minnow of the game. Cork have a conveyor belt of talent coming through so it should be a great rivalry going forward. I hope Cork never adopt the approach of others, and keep playing hurling first and foremost, it will win out eventually.

Limerick are giants in size and stature, but they will be cut down eventually, and I hope Cork are the ones to do it. I'm not from Cork, but every neutral should be behind the last team who stick to their game, play hurling the right way.

I think Limerick would beat the best of the rest combined.

Yes Tipp were destroyed in the second half that’s obvious to everyone but Tipp were to only team to worry Limerick this year. No one else even came close.

A rugby back line can move pretty well too.

Limerick are giants in size and stature, but they will be cut down eventually, and I hope Cork are the ones to do it. I'm not from Cork, but every neutral should be behind the last team who stick to their game, play hurling the right way.

I cant see a Cork team winning as long as the Gaa allow "Playing on the Edge"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Anti hurling, will you ever **** off with that shite? Cork were hurled up a stick today. If you watched cian lynch today and described what you saw as anti hurling you are pig ignorant, end of story. Congratulations limerick, what a win.

• Advertisement
Advertisement