Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭US3

Youd think Michael would be more concerned about the hundreds of children that have simply vanished from state care, and rodrick o gorman permanently delete all files about it by accident. Or the other hundreds of children in state care that ended up in the sex trade

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Im not a moderator. Very strange attitude but anyway! best of luck on your travels!!

In terms of internet I have made my position clear, not hard to find, you can see my previous posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭dasa29

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wow how are FG and SF in that position, up in polls?

FF clever in their local election pick candidates

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-41378992.html

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭US3

I can't believe he's really a candidate Jesus Christ above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭corkie

Taoiseach ‘furious’ at Tánaiste’s Ard Fheis promises
    • New Taoiseach Simon Harris has expressed his unhappiness to colleagues over the number of giveaway budget promises made by Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin at his party’s Ard Fheis last week.
    • It marks a reversal of the tensions sparked by Mr Harris’s predecessor
    • But Fianna Fáil ministers, on learning of the new Taoiseach’s dissatisfaction, pointed out that Mr Harris himself revealed a new five-year house-building target in his own speech the week before.
    • But the Taoiseach is not the only Coalition leader unhappy with Mr Martin’s pre-budget largesse.

Unhappy times with the coalition?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I wondered how long it would take for Simon to become petty. It was about 2 days. Fun times in store.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I suggest you look at these government threads and look at the number of articles shared, with no direct comments from anyone in parties, saying they are upset over XYZ.

All shared with glee on here saying similar to what you posted

Maybe we will see an "early election" which also on these thread has been predicted since, July 2020 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭tom23

can’t believe it myself.

@Clo-Clo with no direct comments from anyone in parties, saying they are upset over XYZ.

Thanks again for quoting and replying to my post's giving them more weight, than if you ignored them. People see your reply and get curious about what your moaning about.

Do you honestly think anyone from the parties are on boards replying to anything they see here? They have staff who are aware of the site. But don't post here.

Post edited by corkie on

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Guildenstern

FFG still hanging onto the celebrity candidate launches although I doubt anymore the old same surname trick would still muster. Most offspring don't want the hassle.

They must be scouring the GAA still you'd think.

FFG aren't referred to as the Civil War parties for nothing. Increasingly becoming products of Ireland's past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Disappointing.

On another day, that man (who I regard highly) would be strung up by the FFG "justice" system, while the perpetrator makes huge money scamming the dole and welfare

Exhibit A :

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/man-accused-breaking-tallaght-home-28960653.amp

Along with the many foreign nationals who run for FFG, yet complain about lack of justice for victims of crime, racism, etc -

they have just sold out the people responsible for it, they won't be lecturing me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 16,289 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The odds of the Government lasting into the new year are probably getting slimmer by the day.

I'd say they are fighting like cats and dogs behind the scenes.

Latest tweet from FineGael!

• Fine Gael will deliver 250,000 homes between 2025 and 2030.

They are assuming they will still be in Government?

As follow up, I posted a picture of book, in a previous post,

'The Anxious Generation: How the Great Rewiring of Childhood Is Causing an Epidemic of Mental Illness.'

The Author was Interviewed by The New Yorker recently. Link in this thread post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Blut2

FG didn't deliver anything close to that while in government from 2011 to 2016, or 2016 to 2020, or 2020 to 2024 while they had every opportunity but trust them, this time, everything will change and they'll do it! The 4th term in office is when they'll finally start building houses, just ignore the extensive history of past performance in those other three terms!

They could really do with some more believable PR.

@Blut2 They could really do with some more believable PR.

Or hire a better company to do it?

Voter: “I’m not sure what party to vote for in the upcoming European and Local elections.”

Us: “Look between D and H on your keyboard.”

Quoted just in case it gets taken down!

Are they really that desperate relying on corny JOKES.

Post edited by corkie on

THe obsession with FG and everything they do continues

If you dislike FG so much, which seems to be the case, why are you monitoring their twitter account?

Winding up the online trolls on twitter with stuff like this is the best thing any of the parties can do.

I asked you before do you know how these apps/sites actually work?

I joined 'X'/'Twitter' in May 2009 and have followed allot of parties or TD's whether I like them personally or not!

The algorithms feed me stuff based on my followings, clicks and interactions, so I'm not monitoring accounts.

It is election year, Local, EU and probably a GE before year end? [NOT a prediction]

So if I want to keep informed, it is none of your business?

@Clo-Clo

Strange the 'X' account mirrored it?

https://www.citizen.digital/entertainment/the-look-between-x-and-y-on-your-keyboard-trend-is-confusing-people-online-heres-how-it-all-started-n340885

Post edited by corkie on

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

14,500 houses/apartments were built in 2017. It was nearly 33,000 last year. That is a big increase.

Every analysis is that we need approx 60k housing units a year to be built. We're building low 30s. Half of whats needed.

Your "big increase" is an improvement of 18,500 completions per year over 6 years, or about 3000 per year.

At that rate of increase it will take us another decade to come close to building whats required per year. Thats a record of utter failure of policy making, and is why the housing crisis is as bad as it is currently.

There has been awareness and talk of a housing crisis in the Dail for a decade now. The excuses of "it can't be fixed over night" or "but we're making improvements!" absolutely held water when we were emerging from the recession in circa 2013-2014. But it did not any time over the last decade from 2015 to 2024.

It would absolutely have been possible to ramp up building massively over a 3-5 year window within that, if our government had chosen to do it. But they didn't. Thats down to awful decision making.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Lots of countries are struggling to build housing. Germany is building less than 10 times what we did but with 17 times our population. The UK is building less than 8 times what we build with 13 times our population. The Netherlands built over double what we built with 3.5 times our population. Lots of countries are having problems building enough housing. This causes huge demand for construction workers and is part of the problem we have.

We doubled our annual housing output over a 5 year period with a global pandemedic in the middle of it. That is a big ramp up.

https://www.iamexpat.nl/housing/real-estate-news/netherlands-built-record-number-homes-2022-it-isnt-enough

https://www.thelocal.de/20230420/why-does-germany-keep-missing-its-house-building-targets

https://www.bbc.com/news/61407508

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭CarProblem

The utterly clueless Helen McEntee embarrasses herself yet again yesterday as Michael McNamara absolutely skewered her

You'd think such an embarrassing performance as well as the content of what was said would be news today but strangely not a peep from the likes of RTE……….

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I just watched it. It's actually quite scary how inept the Justice department has become under her leadership. She came across as someone who was on her first day in the job. Simon failed in his first big test by keeping McEntee in there - he and FG will have to suffer the consequences in the elections this year. McNamara was knowledgeable and excellent as always.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I know how it works, I can manage to log onto X and not get a load of tweets from people I have no interest in. So maybe the question should be do you know how it works if you don't want to hear from FG yet you are getting their tweets?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

None of this is wrong, but there is also strong opposition to the planning bill which is the only thing that might realistically actually help. The problems with house building are fundamentally planning related.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭tom23

Someone, anyone in Fine Gael must be looking at this and going what the actual ****? Either McEntee has some kind of threat over Harris or its is just lets hope we get through the next 10 months fingers crossed. I actually thought she was going to laugh with nerves… she is a smart lady I have met her, but she is awful in this role. She was like a duck… calm on the surface, paddling like **** under water. We have serious, serious problems with immigration and between her and O'Gorman… there will be an almighty mess to be cleaned up after they are gone.

@Clo-Clo if you don't want to hear from FG yet you are getting their tweets?

What gives you the impression that I don't want to hear from them? Their a party in government. I use the site effectively to get broad range of views and opinions. Like to keep informed. (not my only source).

We all have our own reasons for doing things.

Post edited by corkie on

Other countries have wildly different housing markets, availability of prexisting properties, and population growth demographics, to us. There are plenty of countries globally with very large scale housing building at present too, but they're equally irrelevant to the Irish market.

Adding 3000 units a year, to get from 17k to 33k, over 6 years is absolutely anemic growth in the middle of the worst housing crisis in the history of the state. When we know we need to be building 60k units a year it would literally take us another decade to get to that point with this level of growth. How is that in any way defensible? Another decade, or likely more, of this housing crisis ongoing if we stay this course?

Our housing output was close to 100k units a year in recent history in the 2000s, when our population was 20% lower than it is now. We also built far more housing per capita in the 1970s, at a time when Ireland was an economic basket case, than we do now.

Building housing in large numbers is not some unachievable mystery, it just requires a government to decide to do it. Our recent FG governments however have either through rank incompetence, or deliberate decision to limit housing supply throughout the 2015-2024 time period to drive up the price of homes, not done this.

For anyone who hasn't seen it. Its worth watching the first two minutes at the very least to get a flavour of it.

The level of incompetence is genuinely scary, she hasn't got a clue. McNamara has all the facts and figures ready to corner her badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Labour and planning are the biggest issues here now. Money is no object. The 2000s was making people rich in the building game. No shortage of people. 70s Ireland was piss poor and local authorities hd no trouble getting builders as it was a paying job. Different ball game now

Advertisement