Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

They've long been open about that in fairness. AFAIK theyt've never expressed regret about going in with FF in 2007 even though it led to their decimation at the subsequent election. It's just something their voters have to take on board...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭dasa29

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭tom23

That big fence splinter stuck in Sinn Féin’s arse is going septic. Watch now as FG/FF change tack on immigration issues. I expect them to get a little more heavy handed on IPA and processing their claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭Blut2

SF are getting hit hard by their refusal to take a stance on immigration.

FF in particular have a huge amount to gain from taking a hard line stance on immigration now. They have very little young person, and not much urban middle class, support these days. So very few votes to lose. Their core voter base is older, rural and conservative - ie the most in favour of stricter immigration controls anyway.

FF can take a big chunk out of SF's rural vote back by outflanking them on just this one issue.

• Advertisement

Another thing about the shinners that’s really bugging me: I read during the week that MLMcD was giving a speech in America. The fact she’s giving the lecture is not my issue, but is she there until after March 17? I’m very quick to pour scorn on Eamo for his jetting all over, but if Mary Lou is there for half of March, surely that’s taking the p1ss?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Plutarch

Someone has to grease the NORAID grift pipeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Nt really the thread but this is very common, they jet set to US/Aus etc to very expensive dinner events to tell everyone how they will fix Ireland.

Maybe not the correct thread, but going on a jaunt for 2-3 weeks and tax payers pick up the tab is a bloody disgrace.

Promoting Ireland is 100% the business of the government.

If they didn't go you would be moaning they are not representing the people of Ireland

I dont see any business leader around Ireland complaining if government officials are going for St Patrick Day,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bob Marley Park

I can but repeat myself.

There is more attention to RTE than the Tusla issue. More calls for no confidence in Martin than O'Gorman.

One is about misuse of public monies, another in a private contractor knowingly using unvetted care workers for vulnerable children.

If you think both issues received the same level of coverage, I disagree.

I believe more attention should be given to the Tusla issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Hah, but will any party touch him? He’s a pariah at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,646 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,760 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

FG representative says FG leader did nothing wrong - what a surprise! I remember similar lines when he was having picnics and going abroad for gigs during Covid.

I'd suggest it would be one for the Gardai to give an opinion on, but that's just as pointless.

The rules only apply to the "peasants" and others as far as our leaders are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Has he moved constituency, thought he was Dublin West but cast his vote in Dublin South Central?

Early hours yet, but if the indications come to fruition, this government is history:

Where I’m from, we got no booklet, no flyers, no posters ( in my estate ), only a bumbling interview with MM during the week on scandal ridden RTÉ. This government took us for eejits thinking that us mere mortals could be brainwashed into submission.

They really treat us with contempt. Is it any wonder the far right have gotten a foothold. Shame on LV, MM & ER.

Another example of people moaning about nothing, f**k me what will we have next. Leo went for a beer in park with his mates, oh yeah that one been done already

Leo went to a concert, oh yeah that's been done multiple times

People really need to get a life. Im no fan of leo but the f**king obsession people have with him is over the top. He does anything and people are running round after him, then in this case complaining about him been in the "limelight"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

You realise you're simultaneously complaining about the government doing nothing to push the referendum and about them trying to brain wash people into voting for it?

Anyway does all rather seem seem like a poorly run mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,760 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

He's the leader of the Government and a senior politician. Part of the job is to set a good example and behave in a manner that suggests professionalism, competence and assurance.

His attitude of "do as I say, not as I do" doesn't suggest any of those, nor do the constant gaffes or arrogance/disconnect he displays.

Leo is all about Leo. He has no apparent ideology or compass. He will do/say whatever he thinks will boost his personal profile and regardless of whether it conflicts with previous positions or even rules. That's why he was grandstanding outside a polling station for the social media op yesterday.

His attitude seems to be that the office of Taoiseach is to benefit him and his bucket list and it's reflected in others in "New FG" like McEntee.

This is very obvious with even a cursory review of his track record since 2011. Always quick with a soundbite (generally about someone else's brief) but not so good at delivery himself. Nonsense like leveraging his position in that letter to Kylie, making movie quotes in Covid speeches and the embarrassing performance he and his partner put in at the King Charles coronation demonstrate a fundamental immaturity and disrespect for not just the Office, but the country as a whole.

He's also incredibly weak and superficial which comes through in every appearance. Arguably the worst Taoiseach we've had in living memory (and I include Enda and Cowen in that list).

The sooner he moves on to the next item on his bucket list, the better off the country will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Can the coalition of chaos do anything right? An absolutely chaotic referendum campaign with McEntee, O'Gorman, Martin, Leo looking even more inept which is an achievement in itself. They hoped this referendum would distract from their other screw ups i.e. housing, immigration, RTE, Children's Hospital etc etc.

Roll on local elections.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Ahh come on no matter he does we have the same group are moaning and complaining. If they spent as much time concentrating on their own life instead of Varadkar.

I don’t like him, don’t vote for him but I’m not consumed by him like others. Also it’s not that he is Taoiseach, when he wasn’t the same people ran around after him with the same attitude

How do you know it will be better? You haven’t a clue to make a prediction. You can only make that claim afterwards and say his removal made XYZ better.

The only weak people I see around here is the ones running after him blaming him for all their issues, he is Taoiseach. Bit idiotic to claim someone who got to run the country ahead of all other politicians is weak.

Even more inept was the opposition who couldn’t even give a position on what way to vote

At least the government have a position on topic instead of the hurlers in the ditch with no idea what to do and coming running out after the fact telling everyone how terrible it is….

Shower of wasters that lot

• Registered Users Posts: 28,999 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...theyre in serious trouble now regarding the ge!

Ah will you stop. The government couldn't explain their own referendum. They couldn't answer very basic questions. An ex Progressive Democrat politician took McEntee, Martin and other FFG TDs apart. An ex Justice minister made our current Justice minister look like a fool. A member of Iona took our Tanaiste apart to the point that he was completely flustered and defensive.

In 5 years what successes have they had? What legislation or reform have they brought in that changed anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,999 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

...yup, an acceleration of most if not all our most critical of issues, but its very disturbing to see them completely stumble with their own referendum, theres clearly very serious issues brewing within government....

Does anyone know why the referendums were guillotined by the govt in the Dail and no amendments were allowed?

I’d say a GE might happen sooner than later.

I’d also wonder just how will the greens react? Why the greens I hear you ask?!Well, of the 3 in government they are the ones in serious trouble & their attitude might change after this debacle.

As for the SD’s, Labour & ( especially) the shinners, be interesting to read their reactions.

• Advertisement

The Most expensive hospital in the world, with no definitive cost or opening date

A housing crises that is degenerating into a quagmire

An immigration policy with people living in tents on the streets - I was up in Dublin yesterday & one only has to drive down Mount Street - resembles more a 3rd World country.

A public broadcasting shambles.

Successes - NOT

Advertisement