Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭gmacww

Yep. Never part of the standard pack just gave a free month. It’s a standard have a free month, see what you’re missing and hopefully more people will purchase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Oh weird! Definitely had them last week. Thanks for confirming.

It's so miserable they don't include them, they're FTA like

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭gmacww

Nope not all of them are FTA. You would have had them last week but think they stopped them on the 8th. A lot of them are discovery owned channels which have additional cost to eir as they are not FTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Oh sorry, I meant the music channels

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

I’ve noticed a really annoying bug or glitch with my service, say I flick to RTE1 at 9pm will see ads and then the news start at 9.01pm - the stream is a min behind.

i change channel, then come back to RTE1 and it’s caught upto live TV.

This happens with all the channels, it’s mostly a min behind and can happen numerous times on the same program it’s slowly driving me crazy!

My parents also have eir TV and they are seeing the same issue.

Anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Yeah,have noticed the same issue in around the last week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

It’s doing my head in so will try calling Eir support and let you know what they recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Yeah, I do actually. I was putting it down to capacity issues with the local broadband, as it only happens in the evening. Now I'm wondering whether the issue is with the TV platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭NewClareman

EirTV giving errors this evening with stream processing issue, across multiple channels.

last week it was picture freezing.during the Rugby World Cup, it seemed like a capacity issue.

If the can't sort this out the service is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Any way to watch Match of the day with eir tv / apple box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 done123

Must try this, thanks. So you can’t watch live but can record?

You can record all channels except RTE and virgin media stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭golfball37

I can watch live . Bbc is standard with Eir tv

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sumach

If you're watching MOTD on the Eir app it's geo blocked for some reason. There's no problem watching it on the Apple box.

Maybe thats it, think I was trying to watch on my windows tablet. Will try on the apple tv. Thanks

Thanks, think I must have been on my windows tablet and its geo blocked. Will try on the apple tv

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

When I watch something on RTE player and i'm half way through it, if I leave and come back I looks like it doesn't remember where I was or allow me to fast forward back to where I was. It's infuriating, any way around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭golfball37

It’s a farce of an app. I could be casting a show and when I go to next episode I have to wait for app to completely open from scratch and then I have to search for the tv show just show I can select next episode. Doesn’t open quickly either

The UKTV channels, Alibi and Gold, both meant to be HD, are really poor picture quality, similar to Virgin media channels on Saorview. Anyone else the same problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 sumach

The picture quality issue seems to have been fixed just now. They must have read your post.

If I had known that, I would post before now. Thanks sumach for the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

I liked Eirtv on Appletv box when I got it first buts is very glitchy lately, picture quality issues, box freezes alot of time and need to restart it at least once a week now, will get rid once contract is up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Ditto...Just as well I only got 12months contract....Ill be switching back to VM, VM had its flaws but not as bad as Eirtv

I delete the app and reinstalled it which seem to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

We decided to make the move from Virgin to Eir with some trepidation over the summer, but so far we've been very impressed with them. Broadband has been flawless, the one call needed to the call centre was answered within 10 minutes and sorted there and then, and I've never watched as much "regular" TV since we got Eir TV.

I presume we won't be seeing an Eir TV app for Android TV anytime soon? Have a firestick and a Nvidia Shield Pro in other rooms, and it would be lovely to be able to watch Eir TV on them. I'm not too keen on aptoide etc, but is it possible to sideload the app? I presume not if it hasn't been developed for Android.

The Apple TV device is grand, and has that Apple look and feel we are both used to on the phone, but not being able to access the range of apps we were used on it is a pain. And it's not exactly a feast of choice either on the LG App Store on the TV itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BearMarketFresh

Just about to get Eir broadband and tv. I've got a Firestick in one bedroom, would it be possible to get EirTV app on the Firestick or what would be my options to get EirTV in that bedroom without having to pay multi room subscription?

Thanks in advance for any help and guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

If you buy an additional Apple TV box outright, you can run the Eir TV app on it without paying a multiroom subscription. Eir sell reconditioned Apple TV boxes for €59.99 on their eir-store.ie site, which is a very competitive price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BearMarketFresh

Thank you so much for your guidance and help. I'll do that.

And does it work okay if you have done it? 😊👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 ubermick

I have to admit, despite all the warnings I've gotten so far, six months in we've had no serious issues. Mobile service works flawlessly, the gig fiber isn't gig, but usually isn't and to be fair the fact that the box is in the utility room so everything is on wifi doesn't help. The only real gripe I'd have would be with the TV service, but that's more of a national thing as opposed to an Eir thing. And adding Now TV is saucily expensive to get access to the footy and F1 so will have to research that a bit, I think.

Advertisement