Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Pro 2021?

Options
  • 11-04-2021 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Anyone else waiting for the new iPad Pro to be released?

I sold off my 2018 edition iPad Pro in anticipation of a new model being released towards the end of March but it’s been weeks now and I’m feeling the lack of it.

Hoping something is announced soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Anyone else waiting for the new iPad Pro to be released?

I sold off my 2018 edition iPad Pro in anticipation of a new model being released towards the end of March but it’s been weeks now and I’m feeling the lack of it.

Hoping something is announced soon.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    apple-spring-loaded-event-invite.jpg?w=2500&quality=82&strip=all&ssl=1

Not long to wait now:D

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

What are you hoping to pick up? I plan on getting the 12.9 inch mini led 256gb in silver along with a new magic keyboard. I’m not sure if the new pencil with be beneficial to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭turfthrower

I'm hoping to pick up a 12.9 inch mini LED in the cheapest version they're doing, along with a pencil.

I had a 2018 iPad Pro with a pencil and magic keyboard and it was fantastic, but I sold the lot off in the hope that a newer model might come with better cameras. The Magic keyboard is sensational but I wasn't using it that often so I probably won't get the updated one. The cameras are the big thing for me as I used my old one a lot for Zoom calls. That would make a big difference to me, and not much has been written about what they're likely to do, other than to say there will be improved cameras.

So I'm hoping for some kind of 4K type set up similar to the last few generations of iPhone.

I'm hoping to pick up a 12.9 inch mini LED in the cheapest version they're doing, along with a pencil.

I had a 2018 iPad Pro with a pencil and magic keyboard and it was fantastic, but I sold the lot off in the hope that a newer model might come with better cameras. The Magic keyboard is sensational but I wasn't using it that often so I probably won't get the updated one. The cameras are the big thing for me as I used my old one a lot for Zoom calls. That would make a big difference to me, and not much has been written about what they're likely to do, other than to say there will be improved cameras.

So I'm hoping for some kind of 4K type set up similar to the last few generations of iPhone.

A lot of people are hoping they place the selfi camera on the side rather than the top for boom calls especially as so many working from home at the moment but after seeing a few leaked renders it dosent look like it’s going to happen unfortunately.

I’m hoping the new magic keyboard allows you to set it in flat mode this time round

Got mine ordered today. Looking forward to receiving it.

• Advertisement

Ordered the 12.9 inch iPad Pro 256GB WiFi silver with the white magic keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

Same here. Ordered the 256GB 12.9" version in space grey.

I hadn't owned an Apple device since the iPod with a scroll wheel 15 years ago. In the space of a week I have now bought two iPad Pros. Herself was incredibly impressed by the 2020 model, so that is now hers, and I'll use the newer version.

Yep, I ordered a 12.9 inch iPad Pro 256GB WiFi silver. Got it a minute or two after the 1pm start of the sale but annoyingly the Apple site is now giving me a May 28th delivery slot instead of May 21st.

Oh well. Given that they seem to be in short supply, I’m just happy to have gotten in on time. The site is now quoting June 21st delivery for one ordered today.

Yep, I ordered a 12.9 inch iPad Pro 256GB WiFi silver. Got it a minute or two after the 1pm start of the sale but annoyingly the Apple site is now giving me a May 28th delivery slot instead of May 21st.

Oh well. Given that they seem to be in short supply, I’m just happy to have gotten in on time. The site is now quoting June 21st delivery for one ordered today.

I’m the exact same first it said delivery from may 21st now it’s saying delivery may 28th

Just checked my credit. card account this morning, and even though there's no update on the Apple store app - it's still showing my order as 'processing' - Apple has charged my card for the iPad.

So I suppose it's possible it'll arrive on Friday after all? The app is still saying 'arrives 28 May' but I've never known Apple to charge my card without actually shipping a product almost immediately.

Anyone else out there had their card charged yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭walshy_c

Just checked my credit. card account this morning, and even though there's no update on the Apple store app - it's still showing my order as 'processing' - Apple has charged my card for the iPad.

So I suppose it's possible it'll arrive on Friday after all? The app is still saying 'arrives 28 May' but I've never known Apple to charge my card without actually shipping a product almost immediately.

I had my card charged yesterday afternoon. 11" iPad Pro ordered around 5th May.

walshy_c wrote: »
    I had my card charged yesterday afternoon. 11" iPad Pro ordered around 5th May.

My card was also charged and I’m seeing an expected delivery date of the 28th hopefully it’s sooner

Got charged yesterday at 5pm. Like you, nothing was updated on my account at the time. Now, however, the status has changed to 'preparing to ship'.

Yep mine now says preparing to ship. I suppose there's still a chance they might ship today and deliver tomorrow.

I'm not holding my breadth for a May 21st delivery, but at the same time, it seems odd to me that they'd take cash and 'prepare to ship' ten days before delivering on May 28th?

Right, so I think if my iPP was coming tomorrow, it would have been shipped by now. I'd now guess it'll ship over the weekend or on Monday, and arrive the middle of next week.

For those of you who get theirs tomorrow, enjoy!

(Has anyone here got a delivery date of tomorrow? Or are all buyers in Ireland getting theirs on May 28th?)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Think I’ll finally sell my 10.5” Pro and go for a new 11” model. Mostly because I want an M1 and LiDAR to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eirecoffee

Right, so I think if my iPP was coming tomorrow, it would have been shipped by now. I'd now guess it'll ship over the weekend or on Monday, and arrive the middle of next week.

For those of you who get theirs tomorrow, enjoy!

(Has anyone here got a delivery date of tomorrow? Or are all buyers in Ireland getting theirs on May 28th?)

Ordered iPad Pro 12.9 and Apple TV.
    iPad has always shown delivery of 21st-28th. ATV always shown 28th.
    Both were charged within an hour of each other (Tues), and moved to Preparing to Ship at the same time (Wed).
    Tomorrow seems unlikely, but I think early next week rather than 28th based on charging and moving to PtS

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

Mines shipped, no update from UPS yet, still showing 28th delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cheeto

Mine just shipped with UPS too. Apple still says 28th

So excited to get the shipped notification too 🀩

• Advertisement

Nice one!

Which model did you go for?

Equium wrote: »
    Nice one!

Which model did you go for?

12.9 256GB Silver WiFi with white magic keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭martin_g

12.9 1 TB WiFi & Cellular Space Gray

Mine just shipped too, but with DHL from the UK. It's in East Midlands now. It should be here tomorrow after all.

Sweet. Just got a text from DHL telling me to expect delivery tomorrow. Chuffed with that.

UPS says delivery tomorrow as well :D

Wow delivery by the end of the day tomorrow I was not expecting that

Mine is on the way. Didn't expect it today so I don't have a case for it. Anyone know if anywhere would have the 2021 cases in stock? Probably not

Delivered. Roll on half 3 and I finish work

• Advertisement

Delivered. Currently watching 4K 60FPS HDR on YouTube and it's mind-blowing. I've never seen a screen like it.

The black bars at the top and bottom of the YouTube clip are 99 per cent indistinguishable from the black bezels of the iPad itself.

It's wifi ability is pretty cool too. I've got a 1Gb connection in my office and my desktop iMac gets about 920 Mbps. The new iPad Pro gets around 480 in the same room over wifi. That's MUCH faster than my last one got.

Advertisement