Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good areas in Ireland for an investment property

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,166 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Darc19 wrote: »
    Biggest problem is not finding an area, it is agents not calling back and even when you email them saying you are buying as an investment you get a copy and paste response asking for loan approval documents.

And then you have the agents not taking property off websites when sale agreed, so more time wasting.

But worst was one agent who responded and said that unless the offer is €30k over the asking price, it would not be accepted.

Fukin shower of sh1tes.

Back to looking at the auctions and I for one won't be bothering with agents and their attitudes

There are a few problems with auctions. You need to be able to understand the contract yourself. If you have to pay for the pre structure inspection and the legal checking you are looking at 2k. Even if you fell competent enough to do that there's still risk involved

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Auctions are can be a con also, price put unrealistically low. Lots of bidders pay to register then the selling price is no where near the reserve price.

thats the least of someones concerns when it comes to auctions .

the only kind of 100% straight property sold at auction is farmland

i bought at auction once and it was ok but i was a cash buyer , tenants were in situ so a bank would not have provided finance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    least i know where Monkstown is not

That must be a great comfort to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 laobuyer

This was interesting. Any update on what you did as this was 3 years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭SharkMX

I would agree with this. Find a country that is friendly towards property investment, or at least not as toxic as Irelands controlled setup. And if you hear even a hint of rent controls in the country you choose, sell up immediately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement