Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jealous neighbours

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

[QUOTE=Darc19;116911848

A bit like the "what about the vulnerable elderly people" (they survived wars, long electricity outages, fuel shortages, food rationing and frequent water outages) and are more than capable of holding their own far better than many of the young snowflakes.

Ah but you have misunderstood re the need to protect us old folk. It was to keep us safe from being infected with covid. Not for any other reason. covid-19 is far more dangerous to old folk than to younger and no amount of courage can change that , only protection via isolation - which of course has called for far greater courage and endurance than many realise.

I write as a near -octogenarian with the "advantage" that as my immune system is down through existing illness I was already in strict isolation and was and am used to it,.. But for many a far worse and different challenge than anything in the past and many have found that. Loneliness is already a scourge for many old folk

But I have also found that many places have taken this on board and there are extra resources for deliveries etc for us.

I was reading an article I think on the rte site; saying rightly that this young generation has not had a real challenge until now. There was a youngster yesterday complaining that he had lost " a year of his life" as he was having to start his college life at home. His main gripes were that he could not go drinking AND that he would not now get to go to a nightclub until he was 21. Such deprivation.... And reading the covid pages here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

I am probably going the legal route, growing a pair doesn't work with her, she is getting worse and not better cos she hasn't been challenged. Is it better to ignore and let her rant and then received a solicitor letter or for me to send one first to tell her to back off. If i respond to a letter then it looks like retaliation

Why would you even worry abut her sending a solicitors letter when you have not broke any laws? Let her spend her money on on any solicitors letter that she wants. It means nothing. You don't need to reply to it.

The only thing you need to ensure is that the builders don't build outside of the times your local authority allows building to occur and that no damage happens to her property.

You have no relationship left with this neighbour so you don't even need to worry about placating her. Let the builder know this. He'll be well used to dealing with moany neighbours.

Make sure you don't do anything to annoy your "normal" neighbours and tell the builder you want to ake sure you keep them onside.

Treat this idiot the way she deserves to be treated at this stage. Ignore her and get on with your project and your life

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Thanks for all the replies, its a crazy situation.

The builder told her do what she needs to do, then she replied most normal people get 10 people in and finish it in a day not have it going on and on. I don't have 70k to do up my house in one go. As I said previously I have not done work in 10 months, the first lockdown stopped any momentum.

She was ranting at my builders and they were in shock at the craziness, she then pinned a neighbour and was pointing at my house saying this is not on. I will chat to that neighbour when I see him.

Regarding mental health, I think that is a possibility but I also think she is just a bully, she is in a management role in the HSE and from my experience I would dread working for her.

I am probably going the legal route, growing a pair doesn't work with her, she is getting worse and not better cos she hasn't been challenged. Is it better to ignore and let her rant and then received a solicitor letter or for me to send one first to tell her to back off. If i respond to a letter then it looks like retaliation

even you were spending 170K , the builders would not do it all in one go , thats not how builders operate in this country , or any tradesmen

they juggle several jobs at once , that way they get more work , do a few days with customer A and he is not going to go hiring someone else , do the same with customer B and C , they juggle

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Don't even bother talking to neighbours about it, she is mad, leave her off, have nothing to do with her, have nothing to say about her to others.....

The more fuel you give the more she likes it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I cant believe that people have to seek advice as to how to deal with this wagon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Something similar happened me with a a neighbour. When she approached me one day, I told her I had been advised not to discuss anything with her - she wasn't to know 'who' or about 'what'.

I had no more issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

If I were you I would not send the letter. Just. Ignore. Her.

Do not give it any oxygen. If she talks to you again just say you're not talking to her about this matter any more. Let her run out of steam herself.

If she sends a solicitors letter, then you can respond with a PFO letter from your own solicitor.

If I were you I would not send the letter. Just. Ignore. Her.

Do not give it any oxygen. If she talks to you again just say you're not talking to her about this matter any more. Let her run out of steam herself.

If she sends a solicitors letter, then you can respond with a PFO letter from your own solicitor.

i'll in 2 minds what to do really. Do i try ignoring again but wait for her to harass workers each time i do something in my house. i ignored her for the best part of a year and its like watching a child pushing the boundaries further and further.

For her to come out and harass my workers nearly making out the noise is non stop is just off the wall, she lies to make her seem like a victim, lying when the workers start etc., my head is wrecked from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Report her for harassment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    even you were spending 170K , the builders would not do it all in one go , thats not how builders operate in this country , or any tradesmen

they juggle several jobs at once , that way they get more work , do a few days with customer A and he is not going to go hiring someone else , do the same with customer B and C , they juggle

Had a garage conversion to a granny flat done a few years ago. The clincher for hiring the builder I used was hearing he didn't juggle jobs. Had the whole job done in 5 weeks. Every morning the full team turned up at 8 am and worked away until 4, no messing.

• Advertisement

Had a garage conversion to a granny flat done a few years ago. The clincher for hiring the builder I used was hearing he didn't juggle jobs. Had the whole job done in 5 weeks. Every morning the full team turned up at 8 am and worked away until 4, no messing.

I reckon I'll be wrapped up with the garage, utility, doing the drive in 3 weeks max, loud work is done, walls are studded, my guy isn't juggling jobs but there is 3 of them and in the current circumstances that is more than enough in the workspace and my house

Report her for harassment

To the guards? What level of proof is required

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

To the guards? What level of proof is required

yes to the guards .
    i dont know what proof is required .
    sounds like you have several witnesses to this harrasment. neighbours, trademen etc.
    a friendly chat from a guard pointing out that your doing nothing wrong might cop her on a bit

Advertisement