Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Masters 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

This Masters is the first time it actually hit me that Phil and Tiger will never win the Masters again. It’s amazing how great players “suddenly” age out. It seems like yesterday that Furyk, Els, Singh, Goosen, Stricker were all the Favorites at Agusta.? The 1990’s generation has finally gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I remember the days 10+ years ago when people were sick of the same "personalities" regularly dominating golf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I assume you're referring to John Daly, however he's neither a former winner nor banned from Augusta to my knowledge.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he was barred. Didn’t he turn up a number of years ago selling crap out of his motor home when he was flat broke? Really liked him as a player but he seems like a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭rooney30

I assume you're referring to John Daly, however he's neither a former winner nor banned from Augusta to my knowledge.

He might not be banned from there but Augusta National did buy up a car park beside the course from where Daly sold his memerobilia, just to rid of him, it’ has been rumoured

• Registered Users Posts: 38,024 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

One of the worst putters on tour aswell.
    Well you see this has been his big problem but not this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

fullstop wrote: »
    Wouldn’t be surprised if he was barred. Didn’t he turn up a number of years ago selling crap out of his motor home when he was flat broke? Really liked him as a player but he seems like a tool.

Ya he was definitely banned from selling his merch outside the course, he moved to the nearby Hooters car park though I believe. Classy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

People still go on about the Masters being a putting contest, but there's far more great ball-strikers with green jackets than great putters.

You have to putt well to win, it's the same every week. You'll never win a Masters not striking the ball very well however. Hideki is a supreme iron player and it's the great iron players who end up with the green jackets.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well you see this has been his big problem but not this week.

Yesterday was the best I've seen him putt, hopefully it holds up under pressure today.

People still go on about the Masters being a putting contest, but there's far more great ball-strikers with green jackets than great putters.

You have to putt well to win, it's the same every week. You'll never win a Masters not striking the ball very well however. Hideki is a supreme iron player and it's the great iron players who end up with the green jackets.

Very true, of the recent winners off the top of my head Scott, Garcia, Bubba and Schwartzel weren't known for their putting prowess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

That's Speith out of it anyway...

• Advertisement

Good to see Jose Maria, harbinger of my earliest Masters memories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Yeah John Daly. He’s neither a winner nor barred. He signs autographs and sells merchandise in the Hooter’s car park each year, which was recently purchased by the golf club. Which is almost the same as what I said...

Fore right on the first with a 3 wood! We might have a contest yet! :D

That's a dreadful opening drive from Hideki

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Hideki mightn’t have much of a lead after this hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Zalatoris piling the pressure on.

Where is Hideki’s chip onto the green off to?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,287 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Likely premature in saying this, but getting interesting already

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Well that escalated quicker than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,883 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Ballsy enough lad Zalatoris - fair play.

Not there :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭Xander10

Lead down to 1 and back to 3 already.
    Has anyone got the bottled to make a challenge?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

There’s nobody pulling up any trees out there. Very mediocre stuff so far!

Xander10 wrote: »
    Lead down to 1 and back to 3 already.
    Has anyone got the bottled to make a challenge?

I don't think that Matsuyama would hold out to a bit a pressure - but he is lucky enough that the guys below are not the tougher guys / top lads.

Roger_007 wrote: »

The leader's are walking off the second! Give it a chance :D

Roger_007 wrote: »

Is poor enough play at present.

Rose is letting this one slip - he will be kicking himself - because it was / is there for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Rose is letting this one slip - he will be kicking himself - because it was / is there for him.

But you see Rose is a robot so once the nerves kick in the process fails.

Mature kid too, 3 wood off 5 every day, 500 yards but 3 wood takes the big score out of play.

Course management, I could learn a bit from him!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Did it take hideki about 15 minutes to hit that 2nd shot into 3 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭Xander10

Does Matsu normally play this slow?

Advertisement