Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thirty Questions Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

The most boring fact of the night and only did it to make up the numbers. :D

Only Irish Aris thinks I've got what it takes to be a rebel. :mad:

29. When Reberetta was young he fell into...

A/ A big group of stinging nettles
    B/ The wrong crowd
    C/ A coma and nearly died
    D/ An old dried up well

CORRECT
    Night owl gal
    JohnGreenFan
    Sawduck
    Sephiroth_dude
    Spook_ie
    cj maxx

B -The wrong crowd
    Irish Aris

C -A coma and nearly died
    hurlingman97
    Necro
    Mam of 4
    HildaOgdenx
    rainbowtrout
    cee_jay
    Electric Nitwit
    ShaneU
    SineadSpears
    looksee
    Ectoplasm

D -An old dried well
    Builebeag
    the purple tin
    Hillybilly4
    Declan A Walsh
    ari101
    Hello 2D Person Below
    JP Liz V1
    Also Starring LeVar Burton
    HeidiHeidi
    Kolido
    aaronjennings
    Strawberry Milkshake
    KathleenGrant
    wrestlemaniac
    Zaph
    davetherave
    bubblypop
    Rikand
    mustang shelly

• Registered Users Posts: 28,894 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Reberetta wrote: »
    I wasn't the biggest fan of The Blues Brothers.

Wash yer mouth out with soap :(

On the subject of Lost In Translation, it's supposed to be a great film, and maybe I'm mistaken, but I watched it and I thought it one of the dullest and worst films I have ever seen.

completely agree

Bridesmaids is hilarious with the always enjoyable and talented Melissa McCarthy.

agreed, apart from the Melissa McCarthy bit.

Hehehe so many of us thought an old dried up well!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,141 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Hm, I dismissed the stinging nettles because I didn't think you could have a group of them.

I love Melissa McCarthy, she's the funniest female actress I've ever seen. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm glad I was wrong about that one Reb, glad there was no coma!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

On the subject of Lost In Translation, it's supposed to be a great film, and maybe I'm mistaken, but I watched it and I thought it one of the dullest and worst films I have ever seen.

Bridesmaids is hilarious with the always enjoyable and talented Melissa McCarthy.

The Blues Brothers and Lost in Translation are both in my top 5 films of all time. I know a lot of people hate LiT, but I was completely mesmerised by it.

The Blues Brothers is in my top 3 fav.movies of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Necro wrote: »
    Hahaha

Did you not say you had a fear of balloons before or am I imagining this whole conversation :D

You're definitely imagining it... Balloons are great craic...

I'm fairly sure I've spoken about my fear of Ketchup on a few occasions - my best friend tried to taunt me with it once when we were about 13 and chased me with a bottle of ketchup, but when he got too close I ended up dislocating his shoulder... I didn't do it intentionally, but served him right for being a dick...

He has served as a cautionary tale over the years and often warns people as that information has been revealed to them over the years, not to test that fear because my flight or fight response kicks in and I ain't afraid to fight... :D

looksee wrote: »
    Hm, I dismissed the stinging nettles because I didn't think you could have a group of them.
    I'd have called it a patch of nettles.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm fairly sure I've spoken about my fear of Ketchup on a few occasions - my best friend tried to taunt me with it once when we were about 13 and chased me with a bottle of ketchup, but when he got too close I ended up dislocating his shoulder... I didn't do it intentionally, but served him right for being a dick...

He has served as a cautionary tale over the years and often warns people as that information has been revealed to them over the years, not to test that fear because my flight or fight response kicks in and I ain't afraid to fight... :D

Noted. No eating big filthy breakfast rolls with extra ketchup around LeVar if we do ever have those beers :D

Jaysus......!!!

*sticks that in the notebook as additional info

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Well there you go. I have never seen Blues Brothers, nor really want to, because I hate that song.

ImperfectVibrantHarborporpoise-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,141 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes I think I would too. The lack of logic in using that as a reason though mystifies me now.

Edit, replying to HeidiHeidi, this thread is moving too fast for me.

ImperfectVibrantHarborporpoise-size_restricted.gif
    I want to thank this about 10 times :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I was getting a Timmy O'Toole vibe, or Lassie maybe :D

I need more points. You sure it wasnt a well....

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well ye all thought wrong didn't ye :pac::D

Check for mistakes.

Click title 'score' to sort.

We have a six way tie at the top. Unfortunately ari101's question is last, so they cannot win as they've had that point given already.

So cj maxx, Sephiroth Dude, Kolido, wrestlemaniac and the purple tin are the contenders.

mustang shelly has the wooden spoon sewn up.

Scores after question 29

Player Score
    Irish Aris 6
    rainbowtrout 10
    wrestlemaniac 12
    aaronjennings 6
    bubblypop 9
    ShaneU 7
    BuileBeag 10
    Necro 10
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 5
    davetherave 9
    Kolido 12
    Strawberry Milkshake 10
    Zaph 8
    JohnGreenFan 8
    Night owl gal 10
    Sephiroth_dude 12
    KathleenGrant 9
    Declan A Walsh 8
    Electric Nitwit 9
    Sawduck 9
    Hello 2D Person Below 5
    Hillybilly4 8
    hurlingman97 9
    JP Liz V1 8
    Ectoplasm 10
    Mam Of 4 10
    looksee 10
    the purple tin 12
    cee_jay 9
    HildaOgdenX 10
    ari101 12
    cj maxx 12
    Rikand 9
    SineadSpears 9
    Spook ie 9
    mustang shelly 3
    HeidiHeidi 9

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I need more points. You sure it wasnt a well....

tenor.gif

Well ya won't find them down there 🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement

Well ye all thought wrong didn't ye :pac::D

I see what you did

Level with Buile... I'm gonna pass her out on the final question, I can feel it in my bones

So cj maxx, Sephiroth Dude, Kolido, wrestlemaniac and the purple tin are the contenders.

tenor.gif

Level with Buile... I'm gonna pass her out on the final question, I can feel it in my bones

No chance. I've got this.

No chance. I've got this.

giphy.gif

You keep saying to check for mistakes.....

as if any of us have time for that kind of rubbish when we're busy collating all the jaw-dropping revelations that have sprung on us over the last few hours :eek:

(speaking of which, is this the longest reveal, like EVER???)

I'm glad I was wrong about that one Reb, glad there was no coma!

Comas can be fun with outer-body experiences and so forth but that's another topic for another day..:pac:

where were we...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Noted. No eating big filthy breakfast rolls with extra ketchup around LeVar if we do ever have those beers :D
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jaysus......!!!

*sticks that in the notebook as additional info

When I was really young I would have a meltdown if there was even a bottle of ketchup on the table in a restaurant, and if anyone at the table had ketchup on their plate I needed to move to a table of my own or at a table with non-ketchup people.

As I got older I can tolerate people having ketchup at the same table as me, as long as it's not on my plate and that its not too near me, but it still makes me uneasy and I can never truly enjoy such a meal.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Don't worry Reberetta I also fell into a bunch of nettles too, however I was drunk and didn't feel the pain until the following day. It happens to the best of us.

• Advertisement

Oooo it’s tense

Advertisement