Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Goes up high around his neck close to his ears, we originally had a body harness but this slip collar is rather amazing, it has increased the level of control that the OH has. No more sitting on the ground and refusing to move and no more dictating his route. The OH is becoming the focus of his attention all the time. And this is only after 4 sessions with trainer, another 16 to come.

we have to work with aggressiveness towards other dogs which is what started this latest episode.

Also got this at the suggestion of the trainer. Totally reluctant to use it, but we are giving the trainer the benefit of the doubt, we might allow him use it to see the results. His initial comments are that you use it to bring the dogs attention to you rather than inflict pain.

This trainers last job was a dolphin trainer at the local aquarium:):):)

on the day shift today first one since I started.

feels weird to be in work for 9 in the morning. 🤣

two hours til we open for service

and everything’s done

I see now why I don’t get morning shifts 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Did a load of work around the house yesterday. Taking today off ! Going into Dublin for food and some decent pints. And it's a beautiful spring day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Is that a shock collar?

I would be very very reluctant to use that, and I'd be wary of a trainer that recommends them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

There are types that make a noise that somehow stops dogs in their tracks..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭gifted

Eldest chicks birthday tomorrow...15 already.....still the baby who made me a dad so ill always owe her that....she wanted me to bake her a creme egg cake so here it is.... she's delighted with it 🙂🙂🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭gifted

Not a happy bunny anymore.....told the missus i was making the cake.....made the cake...now she points out the cream filling will go off if i leave it out...and i should have made it tomorrow...Why the feck didnt she say that to me earlier????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

All day breakfast 😁

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work time, probably should have eaten, no doubt my first break will be late 🤣

Ah to be fair there’s noises that stop me dead for a min 🤣

Mrs G using my full name in the house glues me to the ground 🤣

hahaha 🤣 I think that’s the same for us all Grem when the full name comes you’re in big trouble. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

It's just a test bake for us, real one tomorrow*hopeful plate sliding*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling here horizontal on the sofa, watching TV with my OH. No Glenroes.

Finally got around to finishing a LEGO set - a Ducati LEGO Technic motorbike that I'd lost the box and instructions for after starting it over 2 years ago.

Downloaded the set of instructions from LEGO.com website and used them. Very tricky, intricate build but really pleased that it's finally finished! 🏍 👍

Oh niiiiice that's a savage model. Well done

Nearly finito, wrecked and weirdly tummy is grumbling, I foresee toast...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Up watching repeat of F1 highlights . I had a strange night . I remember being awake during the night , but I’m rested so I must have slept at some stage .

Yes it is, but it also has a vibration function that is supposed to garner attention when the dog is off leash. Definitely not the intention to turn this into a punishment tool, but we can’t have another event like last week as that would only lead to behavioral euthanasia.

But right now the box is hidden on a shelf.

I'll probably watch those Wednesday, pity MotoGP highlights are so hard to find online

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hello sunshine my old friend ☀️

where are you 😄

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I thought I had slept , but I’m going back to bed

Sleeping sooooo well 🙄🤬

Just out of bed for the second time . Tipping Point and then The Chase. I must have needed that extra sleep .

now for heat on and a shower

Time to get up here too. Trying to think of a quick snack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Diet started today. It's no craic😞

Advertisement