Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yeah trying to get to bed myself but just not managing, going to be a looooooog night.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Night night Wherer’s

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Same to you. Oh and Alfie of course, hope you're doing ok/not too down..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sofaside here with Sinead O'Connor playing on the headphones up full blast.

I'm rather stunned that she is gone - I knew well of her mental health struggles, but thought she would be one of those celebrities that would keep going. Sadly not to be the case. 😢😥

Lovely tribute to Sinead, Mam. So well said! 💕

Rotten July in more ways than just the weather...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I actually never "got" Sinead O' Connor's voice.

I don't think I have much of a musical ear.

But I hugely admired her advocacy, especially for women.

She really was a social justice warrior, before her time.

Her grief when her son died was heart wrenching to see. You'd automatically be putting yourself into her shoes.

Her death this evening reminded me of Dolores O' Riordans.

Both hugely talented Irish female artists (Dolores' voice I absolutely adored, Dreams is my favourite song of all time) leaving this world far too young.

They both put Ireland on the world stage for very positive reasons.

Rest in Peace.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Listen to the song linked in this post, it would make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm wide awake and in foul humour for no reason. 🙄🙄

Boobly hugs and breakfast pastry coming your way.

Time for tae

Myself and Alfie are having a little evening stroll or more like he is sniffing everywhere and telling me where we are going 😂👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭apache

Having a very stressful day and passed a really happy Cocker Spaniel nose down intent on the scent he was picking up. I love how they are so happy sniffing outside. It made me smile through the day from hell.

Happy sniffing 🦴

Another day, another frustration haha

One tired pup 🐶

Hah I thought it was another pup under the blankets, a suitable bed for the Laird of the manor!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Gonna be a hot day here, this guy has no interesting in going outside

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭gifted

Middle chick just passed me with wet eyes....she thought today was Thursday.....hadnt realised it was Friday and missed her chance of getting Coldplay tickets......she missed out on Taylor Swift as well......sometimes Dads cant fix it...😭😭😭

Kitchen....baking soda breads......all the ladies out so on me todd...

Quiet in here today innit?

It's not now!

*Cranks volume to 11

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Just passing through. Was putting my 2 cents on the Sinead and Coldplay threads recently. Hope you all doing ok.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

All quiet here, was working from home today and so glad I arranged to meet my best mate for a last-minute walk in the park yesterday evening when we had a couple of hours of actual sunshine. 😁😎

OH has gone into another low mood and has taken to bed so keeping an eye on him over the weekend. Hoping to get some art done if I can only motivate myself to do so! Regular AA group meeting via Zoom at 8pm.

Happy weekend Wherers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Chilling after a busy but calm week in work, everyone is on leave so I have thinking time and catching up on all the little bitty stuff without any interruptions. Nice feel8ng to have closed off a few things at the end of the week.

Had a lovely evening with my 'baby' brother and his partner yesterday, was unexpectedly sunny and warm and they have a beautiful garden full of wildlife, by a river. Only downside is the midges as the sun went down 😱 Hope you all have a nice weekend wherers

Post edited by Poochie05 on

Busy as beejeebus here but enjoying it

Bed, have to be up early in the morning....

Just had a word with the 2 eldest chicks about the time they're spending on their phones....just checked my own screen time and im ashamed to say it is huge......gonna have to put away the phone a bit more I think and lead by example.

My screen time is pretty haha feckin hell got interrupted mid post but posted it

Post edited by Gremlinertia on

Hah well this proves you've never seen me 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,345 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting with a beer after dozing off . and making sure I get to bed. Wordle done, cooker off and podcasts downloaded . Should be all good 😊

Phew busy for a while there, time to catch breath

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Up earlier than usual to drive a friend to the airport ... it's nice and peaceful, love early mornings.

• Advertisement

It's a nice time in the world

Advertisement