Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

😇😇😂😂😂👍

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Trying to work my way through 101 online training modules, it’s funny how one weeks in class training on companies dime, has evolved into about 50 hours of online training on my time :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,097 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Was watching videos last night of the Airbus A330 aircraft burning in Khartoum, and seeing pictures of some disheveled looking colleagues dumped in the airport. They are going to have a hard time getting back.

‘Looking at Sudan, it’s a country that appears to have nothing, quite amazing that people continuously fight over that nothingness.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just catching up on that, frightening stuff. I hope they make their way out ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

Afternoon everyone. I haven't been on Boards and this parish for the longest time. Lots of your news to catch up on. I hadn't been too well and work place shenanigans ongoing.... It is so toxic.

Anyway I am enjoying the weather today and spring giving me a bit of pep. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Good to see you, don't be a stranger, we don't bite unless specifically requested with appropriate permission and health and safety forms in triplicate to the correct offices

@Gremlinertia Haha even if you bite that would be better than work..... Did your new job come through Grem? Good things happen to nice people...

Good to see you @Elyvande 👍. Enjoying the sun here as well 🥳🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 13,803 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The dreams still alive . I do love last minute goals 😁😁

• Advertisement

@Gremlinertia Ah that is the best news possible. Absolutely delighted for you (and Mrs G too).

A few steps down the ladder but I should catch and surpass within two years. Mrs G is indeed happy.

Anyway, barring work crap how are you?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling at home on this beautiful sunny Spring evening after a lovely afternoon in Farmleigh meeting up with my best pal (who lives nearby) and his dear mam who I hadn’t seen since Covid started and was looking very well. 🌳 🌲

Gosh that looks beautiful Jupiter

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

A dull and misty day here today, thought we were going to have a warm, sunny one. Dragged ourselves out for a walk but dressing gown and hot water bottle time now, can't stop eating all day, would love chipper but too tired to go out again.....Monday again tomorrow. F U lotto gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭thomil

Lovely pics, Jupiter. On first reading I actually thought "that's a nice house he's got there".

Grey and dull down here today, but surprisingly mild. Was out nd about in town, got myself a new pair of shoes. Homeside now, winding down and getting ready for another manic work week.

Oh, and just got an invite to my twenty-year school reunion!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Im after sending a mildly worded PM and await the response .if I don’t get a chance I hope all ‘Wherers have good health and happiness .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hope all is well with you CJ? Please don't be a stranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭thomil

Good morning everyone 🙂

Hope everything's okay, cj. Let me know if there's anything, or anyone, us wherers can take care of for you. I hear Mam and a few others have some experience in that regard 😉

Deskside in the office here. We have some bigwigs over from HQ so it's currently mandatory work from the office time for everyone. Don't mind really, I like our office.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Taking it easy in work today 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Mull today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Hey @cj maxx don't leave.

Cat says stay ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Beautiful day today. Hospital visit this morning. Then 8 hours work starting at 2pm. Working from home. Just drinking tea to calm down. Brain fried.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Have you managed to sleep? Try a night without a screen and see of it makes a difference.

I've cut back on screen time lately and I'm better for it.

Yeah , problem now is if I don’t sleep at night, i fall sleep during the day . I’ll hold out till wordle time then bed !

Switch wordle to the morning and stick to a set bedtime. Reading in bed helps me to sleep.

Probably a good idea , but the last time I did that I forgot to do it 😡

Set a reminder on your phone and repeat daily! Honestly, screen time is your enemy when you're having trouble sleeping and getting into bed before you fall asleep on the couch will help.

Set strict bed and getting up times to try to set a healthy pattern. I had an awful night's sleep last night and my brain just isn't cooperating today, I wouldn't like this every day. So my routine today is an early shower, early to bed, read for a while and then lights out.

• Advertisement

Screen time is not the issue . I always had trouble sleeping since I was a child when screen time wasn’t invented ! .I’ve tried to say this to my neurologist but I am fully convinced it’s a by product of MS . My Facebook group agree .My sleeping issues that i can remember coincide directly with MS issues can recall from my youth. Weakness in my dominant ( right ) side to the extent I thought i was left handed ! I just have to reset my clock once in a while. The fact that i’m doing F-all during the day doesn’t help . Even when i was working ( construction and shuttering ) and would be tired after work there were so many nights I watched the clock turn 4,5,6 am.

Its telling that when i was diagnosed my GP put me on tablets to help my sleep but because i was caring for two children I couldn’t take them .

medicat is the only thing that works

Advertisement