Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bit of a shocker tbh. Wouldn't happen if I was broke of course!.

The Beast has awoken from his slumber. Thankfully, the sleep and the medication did the trick and he's calm and happy. I never know which version of Dad I'm going to get when he first wakes up. Mr. Sardi said it is like living with the seven dwarves - Grumpy, Sneezy, Happy etc. But not Bashful, he's never that. Even at his most confused and agitated I've seen him flirting with female medical professionals. Fecking mortifying.☺

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Working my nuts off! I've come home to a Womans Heart pumping away!Mrs G seems happy for a Wednesday anyway. Wally's Creek is helping. Gonna have my Singapore noodles and then bed!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Only wallys Creek I know is in vancouver?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thanks guys for the stories, I feel better now, especially @Witchie story.

It's a first world problem, it's just I don't feel taken seriously sometimes. Aged 30, taking my small son to a medical appointment, I overheard the nurses say to each other that they couldn't believe my age, they thought I was really young. (I had made some comment in small talk about my recent big birthday).

Anyway, far from trouble but for some reason it's a touchy issue for me.

Today's weather was depressing. Too cloudy and overcast, no vitamin D to be had.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Horizontal on the sofa watching the political farce/drama on TV that is the mounting siege of No. 10 Downing Street.

Feels a bit like Eviction night! 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Hello to everyone, haven't been on line in awhile what with spending the last few months down in Kerry at a member our family's holiday home with very limited wifi access, anyway back at home since Monday for the next few weeks, keeping ourselves to ourselves due to the prevalance of Covid again unfortunately, three of our immediate family have tested positive in the past couple of days unfortunately, so a very subdued time ahead of us

Post edited by GoneHome on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Extraordinary coverage just there now on Sky News, it appears he'll be gone tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Heading to bed now. I watched a programme about a American guy who was close to binLaden , was both a Alqueda? agent and us agent. He is now somewhere in America and the authorities won't comment on him. Espionage really is a dirty world where people allow and even encourage atrocities to further their political goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The little fella all curled up asleep 🥰

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Went for a drive along the sea front before it got too hot.

Happy Thursday

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

But of course, but in our case that nurse would be Nurse Ratchett as opposed to a sexy male nurse willing to give endless bed baths....lol 😁😁

Tough Love is what my OH needs whenever he gets needy, demanding and grumpy.... 😜😉👍👍

There was me thinking of Sarah Paulson mmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Nespresso time with the mutt, have to work today for 1st time in 3 weeks, I was just getting used to a lazy life :)

In work pretending to work but counting down the minutes really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Trying to focus on work but can't stop thinking about Shinzo Abe's assassination. It totally floored me. I don't know why.

Gonna do some research for an article then call it a day and go get drunk and maybe sing at Karaoke.

Zonked after Covid Booster yesterday

• Advertisement

Back to work, was I off at all? 😡

Basking in the glow of Friday.

The kids are gone to bed. It's our time now. 😊

Hope all ye posters on this thread are good. 💜

Nay bad now, yourself Bones?

Doing good thanks Grem. The fact that it's Friday does help. 😊

Not your weekend unfortunately I know.

I've been thinking of closing my boards account for the final time recently. Some sound and great characters on this but the life has gone out of it a good bit for a variety of reasons I would say but if I do go for good I'll be sure to say goodbye on this thread just to say good luck to good characters like yourself who are sound and felt like I got to know a bit over the years.

I'll bestaying here until the tenth of never i think! I want to say i hope you don't go but people must do what's right for them..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Boney , wouldn't like to see you go either tbh , some fun times over the years , though as Grem said , you must do what's best for you.

Listening to the sound of Wagon Wheel coming from the town, must be another open air gig this weekend. Yep , definitely is, can hear cheering. Yaay.. not 😆

Jaysis that song gives me the gawks

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lol , it's an unwelcome earworm isn't it? That's why I thought I'd share it with ye ...

😂

• Advertisement

Years ago i decided to take a break from city doorwork and worked out in a smaller town for a while. That effing song and some dance kinda yoke "you've got to pump it up" would be on sometimes twice a night. Absolute puke because they caused mayhem..

Advertisement