Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow friend advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

Any group I've cycled with has a pre-stated stated average speed for the spin.
    For example, 24 km an hour for a touring (non-racing) group.
    OP I suggest your group agrees an average speed, and keep to it.
    If that speed doesn't suit some of the group, sorry but they will have to find another group.

deandean wrote: »
    Any group I've cycled with has a pre-stated stated average speed for the spin.
    For example, 24 km an hour for a touring (non-racing) group.
    OP I suggest your group agrees an average speed, and keep to it.
    If that speed doesn't suit some of the group, sorry but they will have to find another group.

Its for reasons like this some older lads look to switch to ebikes. They enjoy the spins but the aging body is, well, aging

The downside is you get other lads being dicks and judging them for it

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Yellahmann

He probably doesn't know how to train.

You should cut him loose, or start to introduce efforts into the spins using terms like sprint as hard as you can or keep going until your legs are burning then go for 5 more seconds. Teach him to train covertly.

You're probably more experienced than me, but I do know that some people just don't realise that you're meant to have burning muscles when you're cycling, sounds like he's one of them.

So even if he does reform his ways it'll be months before he's able to even keep up.

You know what the right option is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Apoapsis Rex

Cycle on but order him a latte at the coffee stop. When he tastes how cold it is he will be put off for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭timmyjimmy

keane2097 wrote: »
    Seems like a lot of problems could be solved by people talking to their mates ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Believe me, we've tried. There's no talking to this fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

timmyjimmy wrote: »
    I've got the opposite problem in a small group I cycle with. There's one guy who's very strong and expects everybody to go at his pace....
    timmyjimmy wrote: »
    Believe me, we've tried. There's no talking to this fella.
    Your problem is easy to solve - just let him off at his own pace. Don't attempt to keep up with him - go even slower. He'll soon get pissed off on his own. (His behaviour wouldn't be tolerated in a club ride).

Advertisement