Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite quiz question?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

In 2011, which country went from being the second largest country in the continent it's located in to the largest country and how?

Algeria. Due to South Sudan breaking away from Sudan.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 33,146 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Name the five luas stops wit ha colour in them.
    Stephen's Green, Red Cow, Bulueball, Blackhall, Goldenbridge,

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭dobman88

What if you miss all colours, your opponent misses them to and only pot half the reds?

That's not a clearance. A snooker clearance is 15 reds, 15 colours, plus the colours. Anything else is a trick question that would require some almost impossible set of circumstamces as we established last night.

If you have to make more than 1 visit to the table, you're making a break and sure you could need pink and black to win a frame, sink them and say it's a clearance. It runs into nonsesne territory.

15 reds. 15 colours. Colours. Clearance. Easy game.

A word that can be found in any good English language dictionary with more than 5 letters, and no vowels.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

A word that can be found in any good English language dictionary with more than 5 letters, and no vowels.

Rhythm. A word I hate spelling.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

murpho999 wrote: »
    Great question.

Zoltán Czibor

Lost 3-2 whilst playing and scoring one goal for Hungary against Germany in 1954 in the World Cup Final.

Lost 3-2 whilst playing and scoring one goal for Barcelona against Benfica in 1962 in the European Cup Final.

Both games in Switzerland in the Wankdorf Stadiium. (Name is not my fault!)

Point of pedantry: the Benfica Barcelona final was in 1961. Mind you, Czibor's goal was a rocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

dobman88 wrote: »
    Question probably shows its age as Exeter is correct along with J for St Johnstone.

Wrexham played in English League 2 until 2008 according to Google, to make Exeter and Wrexham for X, so I'd assume the question predates that.

Crewe Alexandria

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Back to the last soccer one.....10-0 for Hungary v El Salvador in 1982 is correct.

Actually it was 10-1. I remember El Salvador getting a late consolation goal when they were already about 6 or 7 down.

I also remember Yugoslavia beating Zaire 9-0 in 1974, and I think there was an earlier 9-0 too.

uch wrote: »
    Crewe Alexandria

And oxford United.

St Johnstone still the correct answer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

DrSerious3 wrote: »
    How many Irish offshore islands have a population of over 100 people?

21/25

• Advertisement

A former England International footballer who appeared in an episode of "Can't Pay, We'll Take It Away" concerning an (alleged) unpaid bill to a dog kennel.

A former England International footballer who appeared in an episode of "Can't Pay, We'll Take It Away" concerning an (alleged) unpaid bill to a dog kennel.

The aul rogue. The one and only Razor

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Rhythm. A word a hate spelling.
    Rhythms :p

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Who was the first American to go into space. Most people say John Glenn - he wasn't. He wasn't even the second American to go into space!

An American cop show where the lead actor, and one of the main supporting actors were real-life brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

An American cop show where the lead actor, and one of the main supporting actors were real-life brothers.

Something makes me think Hill Street Blues. Had the actor who was captain a brother on it as well. Was he the detective who use look like a homeless person

Slava Ukrainii

Something makes me think Hill Street Blues. Had the actor who was captain a brother on it as well. Was he the detective who use look like a homeless person

Just rembered it was Kojak, Telly Savalas's brother was in the show as well

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Syzygy

Syzygy

That's a gud'un :D

Never heard that one before.... Had 'rhythm' in mind myself :)

There was a good few of these TV detective shows with main character being the name of the the show I will Iist a few here first name of the character and who played him. Last one first name is there

Cannon
    Madigan
    Mannix
    Ironside
    Rockford Files
    Culumbo
    McCloud
    Barnby Jones

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭KevRossi

blackcard wrote: »
    Who was the first man credited with running the mile in 4 minutes?
    Clue. Roger Bannister ran the mile in less than 4 minutes, so not him

John Landy? He came very close to it.

Sandyford and Cherrywood as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Largest tyre manufacturer in the world.

Turns out to be lego if you only count the number of tires. Obviously they dont make the largest or probably even use the most rubber. The question is a bit vague.

What ocean is does the western end of the Panama canal exit into?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭KevRossi

blackcard wrote: »
    Who was the first man credited with running the mile in 4 minutes?
    Clue. Roger Bannister ran the mile in less than 4 minutes, so not him

John Landy? He came very close to it.

Sandyford and Cherrywood as well?

There was a good few of these TV detective shows with main character being the name of the the show I will Iist a few here first name of the character and who played him. Last one first name is there

Cannon
    Madigan
    Mannix
    Ironside
    Rockford Files
    Culumbo
    McCloud
    Barnby Jones

Only familiar with a couple of those.

Jim - Rockford.
    Columbo :pac: - Any time someone asked him his first name he used to say 'Lieutenant' ... Don't think he had a first name for the show :confused: Or a wife :p

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭LarryGraham

On this day 64 years ago, the BBC showed a Panorama documentary of the harvesting of which culinary staple from trees in Switzerland?

On this day 64 years ago, the BBC showed a Panorama documentary of the harvesting of which culinary staple from trees in Switzerland?

Is that an April Fool's? Didn't know Panorama went as far back as the fifties. I'll guess 'sap' as the answer.. As in, anyone who answers is one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,247 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Spaghetti.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

which populations of which two counties could fit into croke park (official capacity for spectators, no tricks like standing on the pitch) simultaneously?

it was alluded to earlier in the thread; who was the first person to win a medal for ireland at the olympics?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,247 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

which populations of which two counties could fit into croke park (official capacity for spectators, no tricks like standing on the pitch) simultaneously?

it was alluded to earlier in the thread; who was the first person to win a medal for ireland at the olympics?

given the first part of the question i would say Jack Yeats who got a silver for painting. I would say though he wasn't the first Irish person to win a medal at the olympics, just the first to win one for ireland.

• Advertisement

Leitrim and Longford I'd presume.

Don't know about olympics.. I'll guess a highjumper from the 1950's

Advertisement