Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whyte v Povetkin II Fight Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Think wardley tripped him and Molina hit his head on ground

But agree wardley looked very average and Molina looked so uninterested and scared even once he got bit rough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I fear a Deontay Wilder type grounding for Fabio wardley in his future. I don't think he has the ability to back up his arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭megadodge

Bit of a shock on BT there with Willie Hutchinson being beaten by stoppage in the 5th.

It was the first test for Hutchinson, who is skilled and was an excellent underage amateur, but he was beaten by a harder man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I fear a Deontay Wilder type grounding for Fabio wardley in his future. I don't think he has the ability to back up his arrogance.

Eventually maybe but I don’t think he’ll ever meet Wilder. I think Daniel Dubois would give him an almighty hiding

Ring walk for Dillian now. It's on. Some shock the last time, gonna be another toss of the coin this time.

Dealer, deal the cards!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Looking forward to this, think Whyte will KO him - and is much better than people give him credit for.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭PunkIPA

Whyte looks like he means business. Big Povetkin fan too. He has that classic Eastern ice in the veins demeanour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭robwen

You'd love to see the Russian do it again but can't see past White

Nice touch of class from Whyte with the Hagler tribute on his robe.

robwen wrote: »
    You'd love to see the Russian do it again but can't see past White

Genuinely conflicted as to who I want to see win :pac: I like them both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Povetkin doesn't look right here

• Registered Users Posts: 54,554 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Povetkin doesn't look right here

Very disjointed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Commentary instantly annoying..

Have to respect Whyte's aggression here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Povetkin caught heavy there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Just don’t think that Whyte has the gas tank to go into the later rounds against the likes of Wilder Joshua Fury et all. I think he beats Povetkin but against the top boys he won’t have enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Povetkin looked very strange all fight..balance all over the place...fair play to white though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I don't think Povetin should be boxing.

• Moderators Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Delighted for Whyte, lovely touch of class after as well. Top man, hopefully he builds from here.

Why didn't Povetkins corner pull a stool out for him??

• Advertisement

Why? Age?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Povetkin needs to retire now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Povetkin's punch resistance is gone. I thought the same the last fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

He looked all over the place tonight, like a drunk lad stumbling about..didn't look right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Povetkin was hospitalized with Covid a few months.

Not fully recovered.
    Any decent heavyweight would beat him tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

Povetkin was in an awful state from the start there, I hope he's OK. Genuinely seemed a totally different fighter than I've ever seen him before. Maybe age catching up or after effects of Covid. Hopefully that's his last fight though

• Registered Users Posts: 54,554 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Whyte’s jab is unreal. Great range and power..

He was very aggressive, but also, defensively aware/savvy and astute...

AP looked very clumsy the whole night..

Needs to get out before he gets seriously hurt..

He looked all over the place tonight, like a drunk lad stumbling about..didn't look right to me.

I thought it might be over early but I thought AP would have showed more. He's done now.

You have to hand it Povetkin all the same, he could have just retired after the win and took his football away with him, but came back for a fight that he was most likely to lose. If ever a man deserved to have the Russian national anthem played while being saluted, it's him.

Well done to Dillian, he must have been under some amount of pressure to win this. That must be a huge mental burden to carry in the weeks before the fight. Now just give him his damned title shot. You might not like that he doesn't look like AJ, or that he doesn't talk like Fury, but he deserves his go.

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Whyte’s jab is unreal. Great range and power..
    He was very aggressive, but also, defensively aware/savvy and astute...

#TeamBodySnatcher

Advertisement