Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing bed sheets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Every Sunday morning, cut my hair, change the bedsheets and clean the shower, takes about fifteen minutes all in.

Depends whats been happening in the shower

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Olivia2 wrote: »
    If I'm ironing them, I fold them and throw the iron over them like that.

That makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭gifted

How often do I change the bed sheets?.....when I was single probably never....unless they were stuck to me in the morning.....
    Since herself took pity on me she likes them changed regularly......waste of washing powder if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

NSAman wrote: »
    Ok .... big argument in our family...

To Iron bed sheets and duvet covers or not to Iron?

Changing the bed is simple. Once a week and fresh laundered and IRONED sheets and duvet cover.

What's an iron ?
    Life way too short for that business

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

I fcking hate hanging up clothes to dry and also folding and putting them away.

I also hate taking the fcking shopping out of the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Changing the bed is simple. Once a week and fresh laundered and IRONED sheets and duvet cover.

You'd want sort out that **** and take control of your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

3 times a week

You must be really dirty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭NeuralNetwork

The biggest issue I have is the tumble dryer (which has reverse and is very high spec) rolls fitted sheets into a ball and ends up taking hours to dry them.

It’s not expensive to run (heat pump) but it’s when you come back to discover 2 hours later the fitted sheet is like a football and only the outer layers are dry.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,260 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

JayZeus wrote: »
    It’s awfully lazy. Imagine going to work and paying taxes on your earnings, only to pay someone to change your bedding for you, as an able bodied adult. Absolute laziness really.

Each to their own - all comes down to what you want to spend your money on.

Each to their own - all comes down to what you want to spend your money on.

Absolutely.

I’d be embarrassed to ask someone to basically ‘make my bed’ for me. I’d feel like a dope going to work so I could then actually pay them to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

I hardly got married to have to do them myself

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,260 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

JayZeus wrote: »
    Absolutely.

I’d be embarrassed to ask someone to basically ‘make my bed’ for me. I’d feel like a dope going to work so I could then actually pay them to do it.

Build a bridge - your opinion is clear (for the record getting a cleaner in do stuff like changing sheets seems pretty popular if the problem in trying to get one was anything to go by).

You may 'feel like dope' doing it...move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

Ironed?? No way, washed and dried should be enough for anybody :)

Olivia2 wrote: »
    I do. The odd time I'll let the duvet cover go another week. Sometimes change the sheets twice in one week if I ate something in bed and there's crumbs.

Oh no. Eating in the bed, wouldn't like that at all at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,491 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Changing sheets is a piece of p1ss compared to the unbridled evil of the big pile of ironing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Cheesey Cheese Hood Cheese

I last did mine before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

Ironed?? No way, washed and dried should be enough for anybody :)

Mother of Jaysus... who'd crawl into unironed sheets? ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Changed my bed sheets today. :)

I change the bedclothes about once a week/10 days. Been doing so since I was 16 years of age. My late dad taught me all the tricks and short cuts to make this chore easier.

Love getting into bed with fresh, clean sheets! :)

i last changed my bed sheets before Christmas

Personal hygiene high up on the agenda there, username checks out :pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Which Christmas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PetitPois89

Once a week, love the feeling of clean sheets. It’s such a chore though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

All fresh bedding all round every Sunday here but also every morning fold duvets right back to the bottom of the bed, shake out the sheets, open the windows and let the bed breathe for the day.

The idea of sleeping in a bed all night and then getting up and making it ie.closing in all your dead skin and general warmness makes me shudder. Breathing ground for all sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just reminded me , its a job I've meant to do :(

RiseToMe wrote: »
    All fresh bedding all round every Sunday here but also every morning fold duvets right back to the bottom of the bed, shake out the sheets, open the windows and let the bed breathe for the day.

The idea of sleeping in a bed all night and then getting up and making it ie.closing in all your dead skin and general warmness makes me shudder. Breathing ground for all sorts.

Yes, this.

It's probably most as breeding groundy when folded back and aired out, but in my mind it's better!

Another reason this time of year onwards is great is ability to hang sheets out online and get the wind blowing through them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

cj maxx wrote: »
    Just reminded me , its a job I've meant to do :(
    No matter how old you are there is always a first time :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

I change mine twice a week due to having a dog who loves his comforts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I skip the duvet. Problem solved. A sheet is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Once a week. I only hate it when i realise I stripped the bed in the morning and have let it air and only realising at that moment that I want to hop into bed.

• Advertisement

I skip the duvet. Problem solved. A sheet is enough.

Always nice when you can share the bed with a lady, obviously you do ;) (b-o-d-y h-e-a-t)

Advertisement