Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milan-Sanremo 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

What time roughly will they hit the Cipressa?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Mr. Cats wrote: »

Sanremo-2021_NEW_CR_852x1280-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Mr. Cats wrote: »

According to the roadbook, sometime between 16.20 and 17.00, local time, depending on how fast the race has gone.
    That's 15.20 to 16.00 our time here in Ireland.

I'll just leave this here to get our hopes up for tomorrow. Theres an interview he did on stickybottle today too talking about that day. If he could do it then at that stage of is career Sam can do it now. Realistically though Sam has no hope if they race like that up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

^^^
    This is why MSR is my favourite Monument Every time it's mentioned, I think of Kelly freewheeling onto Argentin's wheel.

• Advertisement

The Novo Nordisk kit and Colnago bikes are quite nice. Is Stephen Clancy still riding for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

My turbo session this morning was more exciting than the early stages of MSR. The fecking cat moaned at me because I wasn't feeding him his second breakfast on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Wahoo, finally on tv now, on ES 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭fat bloke

That's mad, they were saying alaphillipe's average power for the first hour or something was 95 watts! That's some pro-level wheel suckin'!! :D Savin' for later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Talking to one of the pros and he said the racing has changed and that is why we are seeing the mega watts and speed on the final climbs

They are going slower in the beginning of the races (after breakaways gets away) when previously there was a higher tempo from start to end

Now its about save in middle and beginning and go faster at end. So the full race time is the same but it favours those with speed above those with endurance in cycling ...The young are faster and the older riders are more about endurance

Obv MvdP riding is an exception

• Registered Users Posts: 24,766 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

fat bloke wrote: »
    That's mad, they were saying alaphillipe's average power for the first hour or something was 95 watts! That's some pro-level wheel suckin'!! :D Savin' for later!

It's not wheel suckin when you are riding the wheels of your own team

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭griffin100

I'll just leave this here to get our hopes up for tomorrow. Theres an interview he did on stickybottle today too talking about that day. If he could do it then at that stage of is career Sam can do it now. Realistically though Sam has no hope if they race like that up there.

Love that video.

Eurosport’s Re-Cycle podcast covered this race in one of its podcasts. Fascinating to hear Kelly’s views on Argentine. A really good listen.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.eurosport.co.uk/cycling/milano-sanremo/2020/re-cycle-when-sean-kelly-s-perfect-poggio-plunge-won-his-second-milan-san-remo_sto7707054/story-amp.shtml

They also did his 7 Paris Nice wins recently which is also worth a listen. One of my favourite podcast series.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Wahoo, finally on tv now, on ES 1

Been watching since 8.30 :-D

Raam wrote: »
    Been watching since 8.30 :-D

I've been eating like I've been watching since 8:30, got loads of snacks last night for a couch day but don't have the app!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I've been eating like I've been watching since 8:30, got loads of snacks last night for a couch day
    Like the ES commentators with hula hoops and Haribos?

Like the ES commentators with hula hoops and Haribos?

Oreo muffins and coke :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Just seen Vivianni back at his team car...is it just me, but does he look overweight?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mitchelsontour

The Novo Nordisk kit and Colnago bikes are quite nice. Is Stephen Clancy still riding for them?

Yes according to the team website

Bike change for Sam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Bike change for Sam.

Just at the very worst time too!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gavinoontheweb

Could have done with this support from Bora in 2018-19

Could have done with this support from Bora in 2018-19

Did you see Lefevre this morning saying Bora offered to buy out DQS. Probably his usual BS but it would be a disaster for Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Did you see Lefevre this morning saying Bora offered to buy out DQS. Probably his usual BS but it would be a disaster for Sam

Probably Pat's idea of a motivational speech for Sam " Win - or you'll work for Sagan again"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

This is looking more and more like a bunch sprint

Probably Pat's idea of a motivational speech for Sam " Win - or you'll work for Sagan again"

He pulls this nonsense any time the sponsorship deals are coming up.

JVs pace at the front could help Sam here. The less solo attacks the better

Demare is up to something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭dublin49

is Sam still in peleton

dublin49 wrote: »
    is Sam still in peleton

What the hell was that about. Overheating discs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭cyclocross!

breezy1985 wrote: »
    What the hell was that about. Overheating discs?

Looked like he was spraying water on Sam's disc brakes.

Advertisement