Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itchy Perineum

Options
2»

Comments

The size of a golf ball?! :eek:

It's a 3rd testicle at that size :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

It's a 3rd testicle..... :pac:

Separate, known, issue .....:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

km991148 wrote: »
    For prolonged life?

Probably but I prefer the bio to kill all organic matter.

I think in order of worst to best for clothing it's:

High temp bio powder
    High temp bio liquid
    High temp non bio
    Low temp bio powder
    Low temp bio liquid
    Low temp non bio

I go low temp with bio liquid, seems to do the job.

Biological washing powder is terrible for cycling kit, and still delicate fabrics. It attacks the warp and weft of the fabric, and visibly 'thins' it over time, eventually leading to holes. Any fabric lasts longer if you wash it with non bio.
    Bio washing powder/ liquid is also a well known skin irritant, which is why it's not recommended for sensitive skin.
    Delicate walking powder/ liquids are all non bio, and all the skin foundation recommended ones are non bio too.

OP, I'd suggest getting straight out of the kit and into the shower post ride, and also getting the kit into the washing machine as quick as possible so bacteria and fungus hasn't the chance to develop on either!
    Sounds like a question for your doc if it won't go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

eeeee wrote: »
    Biological washing powder is terrible for cycling kit, and still delicate fabrics. It attacks the warp and weft of the fabric, and visibly 'thins' it over time, eventually leading to holes. Any fabric lasts longer if you wash it with non bio.
    Bio washing powder/ liquid is also a well known skin irritant, which is why it's not recommended for sensitive skin.
    Delicate walking powder/ liquids are all non bio, and all the skin foundation recommended ones are non bio too.

OP, I'd suggest getting straight out of the kit and into the shower post ride, and also getting the kit into the washing machine as quick as possible so bacteria and fungus hasn't the chance to develop on either!

Bio was recommended at least initially to kill off any bacteria. At least initially to kill it then continue with regular non bio.
    Bio liquid is much easier on the fabric as it doesn't contain the same whiteners and bleaches as the powder.

Either way.. whatever you choose - washing right away is key and higher priority over prolonging the life of fabric!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

When drying shorts, hang them on the line and turn them inside out.

Apparently the sun kills bacteria that may be lingering.

Well I read it somewhere once - think its an old Belgian Pros tale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Whaaaaat? You only once your shorts about once every two months?? :eek:

That more than likely is your issue. Was them after every cycle!

But even with a freshly washed shorts I get an itch, even with brand new shorts I get an itch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

bazermc wrote: »
    Hands up who else had to Google what a Perineum is

its also called the 'Isny' as in it 'isny your hole and isny your sack, its the bit in between'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The Peri-perineum is the bit between the front and back door of a Nando's restaurant...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

The Peri-perineum is the bit between the front and back door of a Nando's restaurant...

Or the "tisn't" - it isn't your arse or your balls!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

547213.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭mitchelsontour

Chris Horners advice on the issue. Some unusual advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qtAw3_kspQ&t=27s

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Itchy perenium and cycling Micky, the cycling forum is getting awful risqué lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

All I learned from Google is that I apparently need to massage it.

That might be the issue OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Chris Horners advice on the issue. Some unusual advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qtAw3_kspQ&t=27s

If Chris Horner swore to me, that he was telling lies, I wouldn't believe him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Eamonnator wrote: »
    If Chris Horner swore to me, that he was telling lies, I wouldn't believe him.

.....said the man from USADA.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Are those saddles with cut out any good at relieving pressure in this area. I’ve been plagued with a saddle sore over the last few years.

I’m looking at this one in particular.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/selle-italia-sp-01-tm-superflow-saddle/rp-prod179308

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was talking about this with my boss recently. he got a specialized sitero - he's an ironman triathlete, and was told that the extra rotation forward on a tri bike puts extra pressure on the nether regions, so saddle choice is even more important there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Are those saddles with cut out any good at relieving pressure in this area. I’ve been plagued with a saddle sore over the last few years.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/selle-italia-sp-01-tm-superflow-saddle/rp-prod179308

I use Selle Italia SLR Superflow on both bikes. I find them excellent. I haven't had a saddle sore in a few years and changing saddle type certainly helped.

They're available in different widths so be sure to measure your sit bones and get the correct size.

its also called the 'Isny' as in it 'isny your hole and isny your sack, its the bit in between'

Affectionately known as your “Notcha” in my circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

Aegir wrote: »
    Affectionately known as your “Notcha” in my circles.

Are you referring to the "Barse"?
    The bit between your balls and your arse

• Advertisement

J Madone wrote: »

Yep, the bit that’s Notcha balls and Notcha arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Always found road bikes saddles hard on the nether regions, maybe that one might do the trick...anyone else use them?

Btw - it's not so much saddle sore for me but saddle itch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

J Madone wrote: »

50% of riders anyway :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Just bought that exact saddle a couple of weeks ago. Have had chronic saddle sores and fingers crossed this seems to be doing the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Just bought that exact saddle a couple of weeks ago. Have had chronic saddle sores and fingers crossed this seems to be doing the job.

Excellent thanks for that. Cycling years but only getting bad sores last year or so. Third doctor trip booked and all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭nilhg

crosstownk wrote: »
    I use Selle Italia SLR Superflow on both bikes. I find them excellent. I haven't had a saddle sore in a few years and changing saddle type certainly helped.

They're available in different widths so be sure to measure your sit bones and get the correct size.

I have two Selle Italia saddles like that a flow and a superflow, switched to them because on long spins on a "normal" one I was getting numbness "down there" just from pressure on the area for a long time. The cutout saddles solved that but I did start to get more little sores along the area where the inner thigh meets the crotch mainly because there is now slightly more friction in that area. It was worse with a Specalised Power saddle which I otherwise found very comfortable, I only get them occasionaly with the Flows and hardly ever if I put on a small but of chamois cream before I go out.

Nothing is ever simple....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭woody1

eeeee wrote: »

i read on an ultra cycling blog somewhere, that napisan is a great job for killing the bacteria on your shorts and works at 30 degrees, havent tested it though..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

nilhg wrote: »
    The cutout saddles solved that but I did start to get more little sores along the area where the inner thigh meets the crotch mainly because there is now slightly more friction in that area.

I get the same. Compared to the large sores I used to get, the little sores are tiny and just sting a bit but I'd call it a minor discomfort rather anything painful. I find that alternating brand and/or type of shorts the next day always stops things from escalating. I've never needed chamois cream since switching to the Selle Italia saddles.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

crosstownk wrote: »

€143:eek: for a saddle?? you could buy a decent second hand bike at that price

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

on chain reaction cycles, the saddles range from €12 to €506.

if you've saddle comfort issues, €143 to fix them is *cheap*

Advertisement