Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG Challenge Quiz - Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Kol any chance of some questions I might know the answer to?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

5. Sport

How many teams have won the English Premier League since it's inception in 1992?
    How many players are there on a basketball team (players on the court during a game)?
    The Red Bull Ring, formerly A1 Ring, hosted which F1 Grand Prix between 1997 and 2003?
    Who is the current World Snooker Champion?
    In which country where the 1988 Summer Olympics held?

6. Music

Which country hosted the first Eurovision song contest?
    American signer Martika had a US No.1 in 1989, what was the song called?
    What singer holds the world record for most words in a hit single?
    Which 1988 U2 hit was written as a homage to American Jazz singer Billie Holiday?
    Which music legend won the Nobel Prize for literature in 2016?
    How many members make up the Texas rock band, ZZ Top?
    Which song gave Madonna her first UK number one?
    John Lennon was shot outside his apartment on December 8 1980 in which city?
    The albums Parklife and Definitely Maybe were released by Blur and Oasis respectively in which year?
    In 1975 Bohemian Rhapsody was number one for nine weeks. It was finally knocked off the top slot by a song with a name that appears in the lyrics of Bohemian Rhapsody. Name the song that ended Queen’s number one success.

7. Requests

In which year was the first Werewolf game played here?
    Struth' and 'Ya flamin' galah' are phrases you might hear from which soap character?
    Street’s like a jungle, so call the police, following the herd, down to Greece' name the song these lyric appear in?
    How many Police Academy movies have been released?
    Sonic the hedgehog's sidekick and best friend, Tails, is what kind of animal?
    Who was known as 'The King of the Blues'?
    Which popular Forum Gamer brought a bagful of new games here a couple of years ago including Walrus and MSPaint?
    Which 3 numbers have the same answer whether they’re added or multiplied together?
    Solve this anagram, clue, an 80s movie. A Rotten Hermit
    Cary Grant and James Stewart both starred in how many Hitchcock movies? (Not together)
    Bouncer, a Labrador Retriever, featured on which soap between 1987 and 1993?
    What was the world's tallest building between 2004 and 2010?
    What is the southernmost US state capital?
    Because you're worth it, is the slogan for which brand?
    In which decade was McDonald's Big Mac introduced?
    Which fictional cat created by Jim Davis will turn 43 this year?
    Ida Dalser and Rachele Guidi were married to which world leader?
    How long does a game of American football last? (Not including stoppages)
    In what year did Johnny Logan win the Eurovision with 'Hold me now'?
    Who presented the Irish quiz show, 'Blackboard Jungle'?

7. General Knowledge

What is the name of the fourth book in the ‘Harry Potter’ series?
    How many golden stars feature on the flag of the European Union?
    Which of these media services was launched first, Whatsapp, Instagram, or Snapchat?
    In which year did Channel 4 begin transmission in the UK?
    Which is the only vowel not used as the first letter in a US State?
    What was the most downloaded app of 2020?
    What colour is found on 75% of the world’s flags?
    Which country is the origin of the cocktail Mojito?
    Who is older, Holly Willoughby or Fearne Cotton?
    What is the only doubly landlocked county in Ireland?

Anyone else belting out Bohemian Rhapsody right now?

Just too be fair to everyone, please don't misread the questions. For example, if I ask for a country, I don't want the city or if I ask for the song title, I don't want the band name and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kolido wrote: »
    Just too be fair to everyone, please don't misread the questions. For example, if I ask for a country, I don't want the city or if I ask for the song title, I don't want the band name and vice versa

Eek. I was about to give it the big one saying “akshually there are two doubly landlocked countries in the world”

• Advertisement

Now I’m onto singing U2 songs! I’m torn between 2.

ShaneU wrote: »
    No video games but a soap question I've no clue about gets in :(

There’s a sonic question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

What even counts as a "Hit Single" these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Which 3 numbers have the same answer whether they’re added or multiplied together?

tenor.gif?itemid=4272869

• 'Popular Forum Gamer'

Very liberal use of the word popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

"In what year did Johnny Logan win the Eurovision with 'Hold me now'?"

Thanks for the Bohs question Kol <3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

There are two round 7s :D That was tougher than yesterday, two soap questions is an automatic zero for me

And that maths question is a bit confusing. I thought it was what three numbers have the same result when added or multiplied by each other, and there's only two of them.

At about 1am, long after my answers had been submitted, I remembered the name of the British Prime Minister who was assassinated, without even thinking about it. :(

And I managed to feck up the footballer question by giving the wrong first name.

This fun game is also ruining my life a little. Cheers Kol.

ShaneU wrote: »
    And that maths question is a bit confusing. I thought it was what three numbers have the same result when added or multiplied by each other, and there's only two of them.

Dammit!

Trigger wrote: »
    "In what year did Johnny Logan win the Eurovision with 'Hold me now'?"

Thanks for the Bohs question Kol <3

Is Johhny a Bohs fan? Well that was a stroke of luck :)

There is a Bohemian Rhapsody question in there, will that do?

"Bouncer, a Labrador Retriever, featured on which soap between 1987 and 1993?"

I know this isn't the dog question I asked for!!! 'Cause this is a soap question and I don't watch soaps!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

There is a Bohemian Rhapsody question in there, will that do?

A big one :pac: its the Bohs "Anthem"

At about 1am, long after my answers had been submitted, I remembered the name of the British Prime Minister who was assassinated, without even thinking about it. :(

And I managed to feck up the footballer question by giving the wrong first name.

This fun game is also ruining my life a little. Cheers Kol.

Assuming you haven't researched, I will still accept changes to yesterdays questions until tomorrow midday, same goes for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Anyone else belting out Bohemian Rhapsody right now?

Everyday of my life!!! And my all time favourite Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy (yeah I know...weird choice)
    All my kids are massive Queen fans and my eldest grandchild. (Still time to work on others) Of all the legacies I will leave behind that is across the board. If I survive Covid I expect the biggest Queen session in the world at my funeral.

If not I will haunt the ****ers regularly. :D

Assuming you haven't researched, I will still accept changes to yesterdays questions until tomorrow midday, same goes for everyone.

Ah perfect, just PM'ed you there. :) I did google the footballer one after (to confirm my suspicion that I fúcked it up) but hopefully the assassinated PM will redeem me, if I've remembered it correctly and my brain wasn't just messing with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Answers submitted...

Some absolutely cracking questions in the mix there Kol... even the Sports wasn't as bad this time (I'm actually confident in two of them :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

"Bouncer, a Labrador Retriever, featured on which soap between 1987 and 1993?"

I know this isn't the dog question I asked for!!! 'Cause this is a soap question and I don't watch soaps!!! :(

lol

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He did a gig for us and all one match day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Opened this in the morning, though Oh Fcuk. Had a look an our later, I think it had gotten worse. Went out, no help. Asked herself - no help.

In now.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

There was a funny Two Ronnies "Mastermind" sketch, many moons ago, in which Ronnie Corbett's answers to Barker's questions were for the question before the one that had just been asked.
    I feel as if my answers followed that very format.

Oh, here you go
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0C59pI_ypQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Are we allowed change our answers, I think I finally figured out the song lyrics

Sawduck wrote: »
    Are we allowed change our answers, I think I finally figured out the song lyrics

Yes you can

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Yes you can

Nice, it's been bothering me all day, I knew the lyric just couldn't place the song until about 10 minutes after I sent in my answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Finally submitted my load of random guesses :D
    Some of those are bugging me, some of them I had no hope ever ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Night owl gal

my answers are in :)

Advertisement