Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfer/ FH Thread

Options
123457

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile


    manual_man wrote: »
    Anyone else considering or already done Son to Bale for a hit? Need some reassurance/someone to share the misery with if/when Son starts and scores a brace and Bale blanks and comes off injured after getting a yellow card

    I think after Bales 'efforts' in the Europa there is a fair chance that Jose drops him


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097


    I dumped Perreira (LEI) for Veltman and KDB for Lingard. Leaves me about 9M in the bank. I've got great fixtures for the next GW or two for my mid-range guys so I will hopefully be able to build up a couple of premiums in the next little while again without giving up too much ground.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU


    Lingard (C)

    That's how bad this GW is.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman


    Is Struijk likely to play?


  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup


    Pogue eile wrote: »
    I think after Bales 'efforts' in the Europa there is a fair chance that Jose drops him

    Son and Lamela out though, right? So surely Bale has to play


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup


    Is Struijk likely to play?

    I think so but don’t take that as gospel


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy


    Is Struijk likely to play?

    Cooper injury increases the chances.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007


    Hmm,

    At the moment i have 6 for this GW with a FT and 2.9m in the bank.

    Areola,
    Dallas, Konsa Coufal, Burn (though he's doubful)
    Son (very doubtful)
    Kane and Watkins.

    If i play the FH, i'm looking something like below with 4m in bank

    Areola, Sanehez
    Dallas, Konsa, Tierney, Cresswell, Dunk
    PEA, Lingard, Socuek, Raphinha, Bale
    Kane, Bamford, Watkins

    But who would i bench then

    Aerola, Konsa, Dunk, Waktins?

    No idea what to do

    Will Arsenal play strong team or focus on Europa league? West Ham will be looking for Europe so will play strong team- conflict having PEA and Tierney, but if not PEA who else should i have?

    No idea what we'll get with Spurs on Sunday - will Bale play? Will Jose be all out attack to try get top 4. Win and they are 3 points behind Chelsea. No means out of that race.

    Fulham leeds was 4-3 in the reverse although Fulham have tighten up a lot since then - i still think the 3 leeds lads are a must on a FH


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,021 ✭✭✭✭CSF


    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Hmm,

    At the moment i have 6 for this GW with a FT and 2.9m in the bank.

    Areola,
    Dallas, Konsa Coufal, Burn (though he's doubful)
    Son (very doubtful)
    Kane and Watkins.

    If i play the FH, i'm looking something like below with 4m in bank

    Areola, Sanehez
    Dallas, Konsa, Tierney, Cresswell, Dunk
    PEA, Lingard, Socuek, Raphinha, Bale
    Kane, Bamford, Watkins

    But who would i bench then

    Aerola, Konsa, Dunk, Waktins?

    No idea what to do

    As a Villa fan I would advise to vacate on a FH. I’ve gone 3 Spurs and only with Martinez as my sub keeper


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007


    CSF wrote: »
    As a Villa fan I would advise to vacate on a FH. I’ve gone 3 Spurs and only with Martinez as my sub keeper

    I suppose it's easier to bench them though, if i take Watkins out for instance who do i bring it to sit on the bench.

    What % is PEA or Bale not to start as well. What 3 spurs you have?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,021 ✭✭✭✭CSF


    Ace2007 wrote: »
    I suppose it's easier to bench them though, if i take Watkins out for instance who do i bring it to sit on the bench.

    What % is PEA or Bale not to start as well. What 3 spurs you have?

    I’ve played it real simple and gone Kane, Bale and Reguillon. The lads being benched makes them likely to play for me, in spite of the extra time, and it’s always difficult to imagine Kane not starting.

    Kane is the one genuine premium player available this week, I can’t see why anyone wouldn’t captain him, unless trying too hard to set themselves aside from the pack.


  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man


    Pogue eile wrote: »
    I think after Bales 'efforts' in the Europa there is a fair chance that Jose drops him
    Really? Didn't see the match myself but Sofascore had him down as Spurs' highest rated player


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,021 ✭✭✭✭CSF


    manual_man wrote: »
    Really? Didn't see the match myself but Sofascore had him down as Spurs' highest rated player

    There’s also the issue that he is already down Son and Lamela.


  • Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm


    No captain thread for this week?

    Dunk would be 99% of votes I assume? :D

    I saw 'The Blackbox' and they made the good point that if you have Kane and don't captain him. At least if he does well you have 50% of his points. Plus if you have about 10 players this week it should cover any other captain choice that does not work out.

    That was the logic anyway. Whether it will pan out like that who knows.

    Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.



  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy


    Torn between Auba and Veltman or Reguilon and Gross...

    Ceiling higher with Auba but will he start


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007


    Dunk would be 99% of votes I assume? :D

    I saw 'The Blackbox' and they made the good point that if you have Kane and don't captain him. At least if he does well you have 50% of his points. Plus if you have about 10 players this week it should cover any other captain choice that does not work out.

    That was the logic anyway. Whether it will pan out like that who knows.

    I think if you don't FH, you probably have Kane and hence stand out captain. If you do FH, your defo going to have Kane, but if you choose not to captain him and he gets 20 points for instance - the advantage of playing the FH could be very must eroded.

    I've come to the conclusion that playing my FH is going to get me between 15-30 points more than my rival. Watch it get me like 10 now:D


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo


    CSF wrote: »
    I’ve played it real simple and gone Kane, Bale and Reguillon. The lads being benched makes them likely to play for me, in spite of the extra time, and it’s always difficult to imagine Kane not starting.

    Kane is the one genuine premium player available this week, I can’t see why anyone wouldn’t captain him, unless trying too hard to set themselves aside from the pack.

    How many times do premiums blank though? Spurs have been very very poor last two games. It seems a waste to just captain him as he is a premium?


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007


    Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    How many times do premiums blank though? Spurs have been very very poor last two games. It seems a waste to just captain him as he is a premium?

    if you knew he was going to be captained by 80% of players - would you stray from captaining him because spurs have been poor. And as poor as they are they could be within 3 points of top 4 if they win this weekend. With similar goal difference to Chelsea - they could bang in 4/5 easily - Villa and Martienz in particular has been living a charm life last few games.


  • Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm


    Ace2007 wrote: »
    I think if you don't FH, you probably have Kane and hence stand out captain. If you do FH, your defo going to have Kane, but if you choose not to captain him and he gets 20 points for instance - the advantage of playing the FH could be very must eroded.

    I've come to the conclusion that playing my FH is going to get me between 15-30 points more than my rival. Watch it get me like 10 now:D

    Villa, spurs could be tight enough though as Villa have been doing well defensively - Martinez etc.

    In my head the Brighton clean sheet is the banker. So I might as well go all in treble defence Dunk C.

    If Brighton concede that will be over 24 points gone though - I just can't see Newcastle scoring though.

    Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.



  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo


    Ace2007 wrote: »
    if you knew he was going to be captained by 80% of players - would you stray from captaining him because spurs have been poor. And as poor as they are they could be within 3 points of top 4 if they win this weekend. With similar goal difference to Chelsea - they could bang in 4/5 easily - Villa and Martienz in particular has been living a charm life last few games.

    I'm on Raphinha at the moment but you're convincing me.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm


    The last time Villa conceded more than 2 goals was gw22. Eight games ago. Four clean sheets in eight of those games.

    Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.



  • Registered Users Posts: 33,021 ✭✭✭✭CSF


    Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    How many times do premiums blank though? Spurs have been very very poor last two games. It seems a waste to just captain him as he is a premium?

    Not really what I’m saying. Kane is considered premium for a reason.

    I think it’s a low captain ceiling this week. I think Kane has the highest ceiling, simply because he is much better than the other players and is capable of anything on a given day.

    He has reasonable blank chances also, but if I look at the 2 other captain guys I’d look at, Trossard and Raphinha, who I think have merit on this particular week.

    But over the course of the season Kane has pretty much as many points as the 2 of them combined, so would I be looking too much at the opponent that is being played, rather than the player who is playing the opponent.

    I’m a fan of attacking the fixture, but usually it’s with someone a little bit more explosive than Raphinha and Trossard are at the moment.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo


    Btw I'm playing 5-2-3 this week just for the aesthetics of being able to place non playing defenders at the back!


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,021 ✭✭✭✭CSF


    The last time Villa conceded more than 2 goals was gw22. Eight games ago. Four clean sheets in eight of those games.

    We are regressing immensely. Not saying we will concede more than 2 mind, but we might not to concede more than 2 goals for Kane to be a successful captain either. He is so central to everything Spurs do.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo


    CSF wrote: »
    Not really what I’m saying. Kane is considered premium for a reason.

    I think it’s a low captain ceiling this week. I think Kane has the highest ceiling, simply because he is much better than the other players and is capable of anything on a given day.

    He has reasonable blank chances also, but if I look at the 2 other captain guys I’d look at, Trossard and Raphinha, who I think have merit on this particular week.

    But over the course of the season Kane has pretty much as many points as the 2 of them combined, so would I be looking too much at the opponent that is being played, rather than the player who is playing the opponent.

    I’m a fan of attacking the fixture, but usually it’s with someone a little bit more explosive than Raphinha and Trossard are at the moment.

    Fair enough - would also think that this is less of a risk of being blown away due to so little players playing so an opportunity to try something. Each to their own. I'm going Raphinha. Good luck!


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007


    The last time Villa conceded more than 2 goals was gw22. Eight games ago. Four clean sheets in eight of those games.
    Yea but in 2 or 3 of those games it wasn't because they were defensively sound it was because of some terrible misses by the opposition. Granted i didn't see the game last night so no idea how bad they were, but they need to win to make top 4.


    Everyone reckons Brighton is the team to go for the CS - i think the game tonight will decided tomorrow's game - if Fulham win tonight, Newcastle are in the bottom 3 and Bruce will want to ensure there is no pressure over the international break, so they'll play an attacking game i feel.

    Brighton have 3 tough games coming up after this so on that basis that need to win.


  • Registered Users Posts: 33,021 ✭✭✭✭CSF


    Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Fair enough - would also think that this is less of a risk of being blown away due to so little players playing so an opportunity to try something. Each to their own. I'm going Raphinha. Good luck!

    I think if Kane hits a double digit haul, someone who doesn’t have him (or captained) will suffer. His EO will be huge.

    That’s not me advising to make decisions out of fear of EO, but the one player who will burn FHers and non-FHers alike will own and largely captain is Kane.

    It’s anything but a risk free punt, but like the Bruno against Sheff United week, those are the weeks you can make big gains if you make a better choice.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007


    Playing FH - and looking like having Watkins, Tierney and Reguilion on the bench

    Dubravka
    Dunk, Creswell, Dallas
    Soucek, Lingard, Bale, Auba, Raphinha
    Bamford and Kane

    Any obvious issues there - very unsure about double west ham in midfield but feel like Soucek is worth the punt and everything good comes through Lingard.

    Headwreck


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy


    Done -8 with WC possibly next gameweek unless 1 transfer can put out a decent team.

    Stones Mount Gundogan out

    Struijk Raphinha Bale in

    I'm basically laying Villa and Fulham.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy


    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Playing FH - and looking like having Watkins, Tierney and Reguilion on the bench

    Dubravka
    Dunk, Creswell, Dallas
    Soucek, Lingard, Bale, Auba, Raphinha
    Bamford and Kane

    Any obvious issues there - very unsure about double west ham in midfield but feel like Soucek is worth the punt and everything good comes through Lingard.

    Headwreck

    I've 9 of your 11, like the Dubravka pick. He should get save points and will haul if they manage to keep a cleanie. Soucek hasn't been as attacking for a few weeks but Arsenal can be dodgy at set pieces so could be worth a punt.


Advertisement