Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfer/ FH Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,914 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I haven’t had Martinez all year (been just as successful with other keepers).

To cover the AV influx, is a Villa defender a must this week?

I would think so, we’re really bad right now. Cash and Grealish might end up back on Sunday and we could be lifted by that, but there are safer bets than that.

Right now I’m feeling like I might go Villaless in my 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I've 2ft but there are very few players I'd want to bring in long term. Will probably get Grealish if he is back from injury. Might take a punt on Pepe or Moura

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

claw wrote: »
    No, you are ignoring the main point here. Newcastle are poor because they have absolutely nothing up front. More than half their goals have come from the 3 players I mentioned. All 3 are injured.

That is a very good point actually. Sometimes there is a tendency to miss the very obvious, with many of those in fpl now obsessed with 'underlying stats' and underlying stats alone.

I will be on a FH and will likely go treble Brighton defence. No doubt the game will be extremely tense and nervy. As it will be a relegation 6 pointer. Plus Brighton struggle for goals themselves. 0-0 would be a popular bet if you were guessing a score. But Brighton have lads capable of a bit of flair Lallana, Trossard. And of course Dunk at corners.

If you think about it logically the likely route to a Newcastle goal is a set piece, pen or a Shelvey rocket from distance.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Isn't there a chance almiron is back this week?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I haven’t had Martinez all year (been just as successful with other keepers).

To cover the AV influx, is a Villa defender a must this week?

I have no idea what the result will be v Spurs to be honest. Very difficult to call.

Tempted just to back one team Spurs - Kane, Bale, Regulion and hope they get the points.

If you are going Villa it would be Martinez, Konsa, Grealish or Watkins.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Isn't there a chance almiron is back this week?

I just checked there he is down as 50% chance on fpl. Has not played a full 90 since gw24 v Chelsea

The talk is he could be involved against Brighton according to Bruce.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/steve-bruce-issues-positive-miguel-almiron-injury-update-at-newcastle-united-3165357

Whatever 'involved' means?

Plus a key point of the article:

'Almiron has been spared a lengthy journey to Paraguay later this month after South America’s next round of World Cup qualifiers were postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

i have 2 free transfers for this week. if i use the 2 transfers, and then FH, will I still have the 2 new players i got in for GW30?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

darego wrote: »
    i have 2 free transfers for this week. if i use the 2 transfers, and then FH, will I still have the 2 new players i got in for GW30?

No. Team goes back to what it was in GW28.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭COH

darego wrote: »

No.

I think I will go Dunk captain for the craic. Will be fun at corners anyway - at either end of the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I think I will go Dunk captain for the craic. Will be fun at corners anyway - at either end of the pitch.

A serious bang of Duffy (TC) off that one! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is everyone keeping Bamford and Son yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

sheroman01 wrote: »

I'm leaning to holding them. Can't see them playing. Son would be the one I would get rid of I had to as he is definitely out for a few weeks. Will take a -4 to shift out mount and m Pereira for two playing midfielders which will bring me to 8 players without bamford and son. Have enough in bank to go son to someone decent then.

Benimar wrote: »
    A serious bang of Duffy (TC) off that one! :eek::D

Haha I didn't fall for it then :D. But on this occasion given Newcastle's lack of firepower and Brighton's goal struggles I think it is worth a go.

Not really sure how any of the other games will go Leeds v Fulham defence, Spurs v Villa defence, and an inconsistent Arsenal v a dogged West Ham.

Brighton and Newcastle is the only fixture I feel anyway confident about how it is likely to go.

I have Bamford kept on the FH I won't start him though. I am not getting Son unless Bale is out.

But I have heard people comment that it could be like the time Son was supposed to be 'seriously' injured and he played the next game - gw4 scoring 18 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is Bamford confirmed to be out? I haven't seen much said other then rumours.

I was thinking of bringing in Dunk for Lowton if I have to move on Bamford Antonio and Watkins are only obvious ones.

Is Bamford confirmed to be out? I haven't seen much said other then rumours.

I was thinking of bringing in Dunk for Lowton if I have to move on Bamford Antonio and Watkins are only obvious ones.

I have not seen any definite Bamford news.

One said it 'could just be a dead leg.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/leeds-phil-hay-provides-injury-update-on-patrick-bamford/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I have not seen any definite Bamford news.

One said it 'could just be a dead leg.

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/leeds-phil-hay-provides-injury-update-on-patrick-bamford/

Hopefully it's something simple anyway as number one id lose a bit of value on him as I've had him so long and two forwards are so ridiculously hit and miss this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,914 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Haha I didn't fall for it then :D. But on this occasion given Newcastle's lack of firepower and Brighton's goal struggles I think it is worth a go.

Not really sure how any of the other games will go Leeds v Fulham defence, Spurs v Villa defence, and an inconsistent Arsenal v a dogged West Ham.

Brighton and Newcastle is the only fixture I feel anyway confident about how it is likely to go.
    Seems a bit high risk/low reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Had 7 players. Now 5, if Son and Bamford are out. Have 2FT's at least. Will try hold on to the 2 injured lads, in case they make an appearance.

Mitchel and Cancelo out possibly.

In a similar situation except 8 down to 6 with the Son Bamford injuries and have 2FTs. Im reluctant to free hit as its my only chip left and feel its better held for a DGW with better fixtures to target. But will be making one if not two transfers.

A transfer in for this skinny GW and that I wouldnt mind holding for the rest of the season is Creswell. Had him before and got rid when WHs fixtures turned 4 weeks ago but think its a good time to get him back in. I also like that West Hams final five fixtures of the season are Burnley, Everton, Brighton, Brom and Southamption. Given they're playing for European football and wont be on he beach I can see myself owning Creswell, Soucek and Lingard for those final five fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mr Mister

It seems there are still plenty on here with their FH. For those without a FH who are planning to WC in Wk30 - what are your thoughts around the acceptable hit to take in terms of bringing in starters to get you close to 11?

I currently have 8 (although that includes Son and Bamford), with 1 FT to bring in Kane (C).

Do people think it is worth bringing in Lingard and Dunk for a -8? You would think worst case scenario they get 2 points each and you're down 4 points. If you don't bring them in and they CS/Score, you could be losing 5-10 points to a rival.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

PremierInjuries.com have now recalibrated Bamford's status as a 50% chance of making GW29 and put him down as a dead leg injury.

That looks promising as a dead leg isn't that serious of an injury.

https://premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Son on the other hand is still down as ruled out and that's how I expect that to remain for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

sheroman01 wrote:

If you have them already and aren't using FH I'd see no reason to sell unless you have 9/10 playing without them

I won't be rushing to get Auba

He drove off instead of doing the warm down after the Spurs game

https://mobile.twitter.com/fplchimpparadox/status/1371470432029790208?s=21

siblers wrote: »

Sounds like he is trying to annoy Arteta so he can angle for a move away?

I dunno who to get instead of him now Lacazette maybe? A 100% type player anytime I saw him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Going to have about 20 million left over on FH at this rate!

I've 2ft and I'm really struggling to think of who to bring in.

I was going to punt on Pepe but not sure. Lacca I'm not sure of either. I don't really want any Arsenal players long term, same with Brighton and Newcastle

Raphina and Grealish are the two standout choices. Maybe Dunk too.

Already have double Spurs, Villa and Leeds

Whole GW feels like a trap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

I was going to punt on Pepe but not sure. Lacca I'm not sure of either. I don't really want any Arsenal players long term, same with Brighton and Newcastle

Have 3 Leeds, 1 Spurs, 2 Villa and 1 West Ham.

I am looking at 2 from Grealish, Dunk and Cresswell. Dunk straight out again for GW30 if I select him. Some definitive news on Grealish before the deadline would be great.

claw wrote: »
    Have 3 Leeds, 1 Spurs, 2 Villa and 1 West Ham.

I am looking at 2 from Grealish, Dunk and Cresswell. Dunk straight out again for GW30 if I select him. Some definitive news on Grealish before the deadline would be great.

Oh, forgot about West Ham. I'll be getting Lingard or Creswell so. Hoping Grealish will be fit too

• Advertisement

I am delighted I have a FH bound to land on one or two 'right' decisions.
    Must be a nightmare without the FH.

If I had 8/9 players starting and no FH I would likely make one transfer and save for gw30 /gw31 where transfers could be more valuable - with more/better options.

Advertisement