Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 29 Transfer/ FH Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well thats good to know. Is it known that he is back to full training? I already own 3 Villa so wouldnt risk getting him in for this GW but after the international break he is certainly on the watch list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone keeping Son.....just in case in makes a Lazarus like recovery and makes an appearance at the weekend??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is it madness brining in a Brighton defender? Makes sense for GW29, but their fixtures are so bad after that. Maybe it's worth trying to gain as much as possible for this gw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Grealish out of the England squad, runour that it's a personal issue, stay away for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Is it madness brining in a Brighton defender? Makes sense for GW29, but their fixtures are so bad after that. Maybe it's worth trying to gain as much as possible for this gw.

If you can manage to bench the Brighton defender you pick in the following weeks. I don't see any harm in it.

The talk is Veltman is the Brighton defender who offers the most in overall play.He is more a footballing defender.

Or Dunk for coming up for those set pieces.

I am still tempted to captain Dunk. Have him as VC at the moment and C Kane.
    But everyone will have Kane captained. There is a chance that a Brighton defender might get more than Kane, if they get a clean sheet and bonus. Plus Martinez has a one man show v Spurs.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Grealish out of the England squad, runour that it's a personal issue, stay away for now.

Where’s this rumour coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,554 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Haven’t seen that in Villa circles, interested to hear where that is coming from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Reguilon and Bale probably nailed on for me now after being rested tonight. Not sure what to do about Auba.

Reguilon and Bale probably nailed on for me now after being rested tonight. Not sure what to do about Auba.

Does the percentage ownership shown on the site include transfers that have been made since the last gameweek deadline?

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Does the percentage ownership shown on the site include transfers that have been made since the last gameweek deadline?

That I don't know, I always assumed ownership percentages were updated after deadline but could be totally wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yea, that week that i post kane was only at like 12% ownership or whatever % it was, day before GW began he was at 32% - so it's a in running ownership

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Yea, that week that i post kane was only at like 12% ownership or what % it was, date before GW began he was at 32% - so it's a in running ownership

Cheers. It’s an interesting stat for FHers but it’s also a serious bit of quicksand to get sucked too far into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,981 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I've 6.6 to spend on a mid. My intention is to get in Jota next week. Any mid price worth talking a punt on for the GW that's in it?

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Anyone keeping Son.....just in case in makes a Lazarus like recovery and makes an appearance at the weekend??

I got burnt earlier in the season with Son when he was injured but then made that Lazarus amount recovery. I forget what points he got but remember he did haul which had me fuming. But on this one it looks like he will be out. Im still keeping him and playing him just on the off chance but am not expecting it to happen at all. If I was free hitting though I would replace him with Bale.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I've 6.6 to spend on a mid. My intention is to get in Jota next week. Any mid price worth talking a punt on for the GW that's in it?

Lingard or Raphina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Spurs going to ET in Europe now too.

Have to wonder just how attractive their players will be now. Aston Villa can set up to counter attack now, which will suit them. Kane has already played 90 mins, and will probably be needed for the next 30 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Has he realised that he's actually Irish after all ? :)

About that Spurs triple up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Where’s this rumour coming from?
    siblers wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?
    Haven’t seen that in Villa circles, interested to hear where that is coming from
    Yeah I can't see anything at all about it online so probably complete bull****, heard it from a neighbour a few days ago. Twitter tells me hes back in training

Yeah I can't see anything at all about it online so probably complete bull****, heard it from a neighbour a few days ago. Twitter tells me hes back in training

If there's any truth, something usually pops up nearer the deadline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Bales effort for the third goal was appalling. Id say if Mourinho could help it he'd have him no where near that team. Mind you Mourinho might get the boot before the weekend yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Only 8 players for this week but I can't justify making any transfers. Martinez, Cresswell, alioski, targett, lingard, raphina, kane, Bamford.

Just don't see anything exciting jumping out at me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Only 8 players for this week but I can't justify making any transfers. Martinez, Cresswell, alioski, targett, lingard, raphina, kane, Bamford.

Just don't see anything exciting jumping out at me

Any of the players against Newcastle ...lol

At the moment I’m on free hit with either raphina maupey or trossard as captain.

I expect Newcastle are possibly the team who have least potential to score, Brighton should get the better of Newcastle and should keep a clean sheet 1-0, maybe 2-0.

Arsenal haven’t kept a clean sheet since January - they face a west ham team who always seem to have the ability to score, I expect this to be 2-2, antonio and lacazette both to get at least 1 each.(I wish), history points to auba getting on the scoresheet.

Spurs, off the back of going out of Europe play a villa team who are hit by a few injuries, unknown if grealish will return. Will Watkins and Martinez combine to shut out Kane and bale? Could the wheels be coming off the spurs train? It’s unknown if son will return to action....I think both teams will score here with spurs winning 2-1 or 3-1.

Fulham seem to have turned a bit of a corner but are inconsistent in defence but they face free flowing Leeds who attack a fair bit.... like most Leeds games, expect goals, could be 1-4 or 4-1 or anywhere in between, don’t think either will keep a clean sheet, bamford expected to recover from last weekends injury where he went off early.

Really is a hit and hope situation, I think the safest is Brighton players but then again, I’m sitting around 1.7millionth so what do I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,434 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Auba played the full 90 tonite. Will be start Sunday?
    Big break coming up after the WH game

• Advertisement

Green&Red wrote: »
    Auba played the full 90 tonite. Will be start Sunday?
    Big break coming up after the WH game

If he’s in favour I think he starts, there is nothing to rest him for and he didn’t play last week. Guys have played on 2 days rest before and will do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭bigmac3

Should I be using FH or is there another time it’ll be needed? Have 8 playing

bigmac3 wrote: »
    Should I be using FH or is there another time it’ll be needed? Have 8 playing

I'd hold if you have 8. Villa, Everton, City and Spurs should have doubles

There could also be doubles in 37/38 as they want to bring fans back so the fixtures will be moved around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Any of the players against Newcastle ...lol

At the moment I’m on free hit with either raphina maupey or trossard as captain.

I expect Newcastle are possibly the team who have least potential to score, Brighton should get the better of Newcastle and should keep a clean sheet 1-0, maybe 2-0.

Arsenal haven’t kept a clean sheet since January - they face a west ham team who always seem to have the ability to score, I expect this to be 2-2, antonio and lacazette both to get at least 1 each.(I wish), history points to auba getting on the scoresheet.

Spurs, off the back of going out of Europe play a villa team who are hit by a few injuries, unknown if grealish will return. Will Watkins and Martinez combine to shut out Kane and bale? Could the wheels be coming off the spurs train? It’s unknown if son will return to action....I think both teams will score here with spurs winning 2-1 or 3-1.

Fulham seem to have turned a bit of a corner but are inconsistent in defence but they face free flowing Leeds who attack a fair bit.... like most Leeds games, expect goals, could be 1-4 or 4-1 or anywhere in between, don’t think either will keep a clean sheet, bamford expected to recover from last weekends injury where he went off early.

Really is a hit and hope situation, I think the safest is Brighton players but then again, I’m sitting around 1.7millionth so what do I know.

I am still on the similar thought process to you. If someone handed me money and told me to pick the banker game. It would be Brighton to beat Newcastle. All the other ones seem like 50/50 jobs.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Just did a -8 to field 10 if Bamford plays. Felt satisfying getting rid of Sterling, Pereira and Reid I must say.

• Advertisement

Tough call even with a free hit. All games could go any way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Who would you sell between Stones and Cancelo?

Klonker wrote: »
    Who would you sell between Stones and Cancelo?

Stones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

-4 needed with Son likely to miss out - in come Auba & Lookman.

No idea who to captain, currently on Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Dice75 wrote: »
    -4 needed with Son likely to miss out - in come Auba & Lookman.

No idea who to captain, currently on Kane

Is Son injured? Not playing myself. My sister is plaguing me.

Is Son injured? Not playing myself. My sister is plaguing me.

Yeah he went off with a hamstring injury so the chances of him being back within 1 week are low.

Any thoughts on picking Harrison over Raphinha, just as a differential? On a FH, so I can choose either. A couple of rivals have Raphinha, or will bring him in this week.

Fitz* wrote: »
    Any thoughts on picking Harrison over Raphinha, just as a differential? On a FH, so I can choose either. A couple of rivals have Raphinha, or will bring him in this week.
    It is a bad choice IMO. Harrison has missed 236 minutes in the last 6 games. He is not a clear fixture in that team anymore. And that is before we even get into the fact that everything in that team goes through Raphinha.

There will be better opportunities (even this week) to stray from the herd to try and make gains.

It is a bad choice IMO. Harrison has missed 236 minutes in the last 6 games. He is not a clear fixture in that team anymore. And that is before we even get into the fact that everything in that team goes through Raphinha.

There will be better opportunities (even this week) to stray from the herd to try and make gains.

Straight to the point, thanks! Yeah he seems to be the first player subbed off too, so it is too risky. Sometimes having the player that everyone has is no bad thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,721 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Currently have this shower (or half shower):

Martinez
    Coufal
    Lingard
    Raphinha
    Bamford
    Son
    Kane

So 6 players assuming Son is a goner.

I was going to leave Son in and just get Dallas in to limit the damage.

Not sure if Bale or Auba are worth a hit...maybe a Brighton defender??

• Advertisement

I think I'm going down the 2 Brighton attackers in my FH rather than 2 defenders.

Is Dunk or Veltman the money move? Underlyings marginally suggest Veltman, but Dunk will have higher ownership and has actually outperformed his xG and underlyings to have 4 goals.

I started typing this message with Veltman in my team and am concluding it with Dunk in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭JPup

Hmm. I’ve owned Raphinha for six weeks and had subbed him out of my FH team but the consensus seems to be that he is a must own this week so I will probably sub him back in.

I’ve just found him frustrating to own the past few weeks and I think Fulham will keep it tight at the back. Just thinking though If he does get a big score and I miss out after holding him for weeks (and still technically owning him post FH) I would be rightly p*ssed off so I guess that’s a good enough reason to bring him back!

JPup wrote: »
    Hmm. I’ve owned Raphinha for six weeks and had subbed him out of my FH team but the consensus seems to be that he is a must own this week so I will probably sub him back in.

I’ve just found him frustrating to own the past few weeks and I think Fulham will keep it tight at the back. Just thinking though If he does get a big score and I miss out after holding him for weeks (and still technically owning him post FH) I would be rightly p*ssed off so I guess that’s a good enough reason to bring him back!
    He is frustrating and hasn't gotten near the returns that you'd want from him, but are there 7 better attacking options than him this week (or more than 3 defenders if you decide to go with a different formation)? I think not personally.

Raphinha is the definition of that talisman thing that was talked about alot as a hot topic during the offseason.

JPup wrote: »

To be fair to him, he's created a lot of chances but his teammates have been profligate, particularly Bamford. His stats away from home are also excellent. I think if they do score, he'll be involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The worse thing about using the FH this week is with money not an obstacle i can pick 15 player and have 5m still in bank - and have no idea what's my strongest 11 to actually play - madness.

Was reading that if Son starts this weekend then South Korea will want him for the international break, theyve got a game against their biggest rival Japan. So even if he was fit to play Spurs are incentivised not to play him but instead allow him 10 days rest before the final run in. That said no doubt Son himself will be keen to face Japan, although its only a friendly fixture playing Japan is a huge match for South Koreans

I think I'm going down the 2 Brighton attackers in my FH rather than 2 defenders.

Is Dunk or Veltman the money move? Underlyings marginally suggest Veltman, but Dunk will have higher ownership and has actually outperformed his xG and underlyings to have 4 goals.

I started typing this message with Veltman in my team and am concluding it with Dunk in my head.

A lot would depend on Burn playing.

If Burn starts then Veltman would be a great option on the right hand side and I’d choose him over Dunk.

If Burn misses out because of his hamstring then Veltman will likely drop in to the back 3 with Gross playing on the right hand side and that makes Dunk a better option.

No help really unless you hear if Burn starts or not.

Dunk currently the safer bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was reading that if Son starts this weekend then South Korea will want him for the international break, theyve got a game against their biggest rival Japan. So even if he was fit to play Spurs are incentivised not to play him but instead allow him 10 days rest before the final run in. That said no doubt Son himself will be keen to face Japan, although its only a friendly fixture playing Japan is a huge match for South Koreans
    Interesting info.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    The worse thing about using the FH this week is with money not an obstacle i can pick 15 player and have 5m still in bank - and have no idea what's my strongest 11 to actually play - madness.

This is it. I have Bale in at the moment because I feel like I should have him but I think Moura might be a better shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Muahahaha wrote: »

He could start and be subbed off "reinjured".

Advertisement