Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Dave0301

Really poor 2nd half from Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

Yikes, Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Well played Northhampton, great effort.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

So delighted. Our defence won us that game. Came up trumps so many times close to our line.

Need to see a much improved attack if we're to win the final.

• Administrators Posts: 53,652 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

how that wasn’t given as a penalty at the end is beyond me. Leinster not even close to being legal.

But that said, Northampton were garbage for most of that game. The better team won.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Nervy game, not a great performance. Looking very much like bridesmaids again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Forward passes went uncalled all game. Scrum was a lottery too. High tackles aplenty. Not a good day for the officials.

Agree. I thought Raynal was quite poor all game.

*Edit: I'm agreeing with awec post earlier! Boards is acting funny and my quoted posts aren't sticking!?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Rugbyf565

Lads my nerves are absolutely shattered, that was harder to watch than the 2013 all blacks game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭A-Train

Toulouse will destroy them in the final. A terrible performance, hanging on for dear life at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Madeoface

Jesus. How the fk was that so close... We should keep Jenkins and sign Augustus.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Taking Van der Flier off, and not replacing with a 7 did not help - this backline not as good as the flair of BOD and D'Arcy - some great players Lowe, Gibson Park, we know Byrne is no Johnny, Prendergast should be pushing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Jacqui Hurley just said "all of Ireland was nervous" with the close finish. No Jacqui, the whole of Ireland was not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Doris appeared on the screen at final whistle and you could see him mouth "Fűck me". It's how we all felt...

Leinster left far too many points out there today and it really nearly cost them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭I see sheep

The RTE comms was an absolute joke.

Who do they think they're watching?

Game over talking about the final when they're 10pts up. Mental stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

Byrnes rubbish kicking almost cost Leinster the game, he’s nowhere near good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭TRC10

Embarrasing

Thought we had few excellent individual performances. McCarthy, JGP and Osborne were all very good.

Systems wise our defence was top notch. Completely negated any backline moves Northampton tried to make in the first half.

But we were very lateral in attack. There was a lot of passing without committing any defenders. When Leinster actually went direct they made a lot of metres. Need to be far more direct and clinical for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

Very poor second half from Leinster. Northampton probably deserved the win. Another ref and the breakdown would have cost Leinster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭StevenToast

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

His kicking is fine, it's every other part of his game that's the problem.

Leinster have an automatic underlap when he has the ball in his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

That was a bad 2nd half. Hopefully Ryan,Ringrose and Keenan are back for the final

• Registered Users Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

That's what she should have said.

Hugh Cahill is a crap commentator and an even worse Horse Racing presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

Man, talk about a nervy finish. Still, job done and on to the Final.

Wonder what sort of team will be put out next week against the Ospreys.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,383 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Our flooding of the ruck is causing us to leave holes out wide that someone like Toulouse could absolutely capitalise on.

Lancaster's defective system completely shut down Toulouse the last few times we've played them.

Can Leinster employ some kind of system that takes the best of both? Assuming Toulouse win of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

semi-finals are for winning , no matter how you get over the line. Job done despite making it a lot more nervy than Saints performance warranted.

Another final secured!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Wont happen , but realistically need a change at 10 too, the brother not much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Perhaps it's not a bad thing we didn't go 27-10, 34-10, 41-10. Lots to work on (scrum, kicking) and zero complacency. Have a feeling we'll need Ringrose & Hugo to beat Toulouse.

Ross had a poor game from the tee and momentum really swung with the missed penalty. The Augustus break, the Baird brainfart on his own line, poor JGP box kicks really let them back in.

Advertisement