Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Dave Kearney did lack pace so maybe he did have a major deficiency .

Who's in? Academy. I reckon Hugo McLaughlin is a lock. Sparrow I would say has an 80% chance. Spicer possibly in the same bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

Yeah, good shouts. One Trimble aggressive read and tackle in the Chigago win over NZ is stuck in my memory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭conquestscarer

I'd say something like Sparrow, Spicer, Ingio Cruise O'Brien, Coffey, Gabriel, Kritzinger, McLaughlin, Moloney.

Heard De Klerk is going to Ulster(Presumably to battle for 10). The players find out today so shouldn't be long till we have a rough idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Madeoface

Should be a cracker tonight. Good team, presuming RB not 100% otherwise I thought he needs some minutes in him with Leicester on the horizon.

Home win by 10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

I heard there is a lot of jostling amongst all of the provinces over Niall Smyth the Blackrock TH whose still in school.

Has a good shot at U20s world champs this season which will give people a proper look to see if he steps up.

It would be a massive gamble to give a player an academy shot straight out of school - especially a prop who probably needs a year of sub academy s&c minimum but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭conquestscarer

Wouldn't be surprised if he got one. This year seems abit weak tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Hey_Ho_Lets_Go_3

smyth is still in school so wont be near the 20s squad this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,004 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

really looking forward to a tight competitive game this evening. Too often ive gone to the RDS only for the result to be clearly evident after 30 minutes. I must admit also that €60 for 2 adults and 2 kids is extremely good value for a game like this evenings.

its a hard call. the bookies have leinster -10 (down from -12 before the selections were named). Bulls have gone full bore here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Liam Turner has been impressive. I know he's a centre but he has potential to be a good winger. Russell might has the edge on him for kicking?

It looks like Osborne is going to be primarily a 12 option with Henshaw across both positions. I presume Ngatai contract wont be renewed this season and we'll see more of Turner.

If I was Leinster I would be looking for a top class left winger (NIQ/IQ) at the end of next season. But maybe Ulster have ruined the NIQ with their (unnecessary?) signing of Kok.

I had forgot Coffee. He's worth a punt. I'd say Corrigan will be snapped up by Ulster. He's a Pres Bray product and I believe Jack Murphy is too. He could be swayed.

Turner is great. He could do the job anywhere. Russell is putting together a great run. He will be close to the 1st 23.

I suppose the Bulls are the biggest challenge of the season so far. I'm excited by this fixture. I'm hoping for any kind of win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭PMC83

I can't use my ticket tonight if anyone wants it? Terrace

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Lions 2nd test stands out for me. He absolutely **** out of the tackle for the game winning try, for which ROG always cops the blame for

Is Deegan out of contract this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

Hmmm, if I watch it over and over I can think of things he could have done that would have disrupted Fourie more, like targetting the ball carrying arm, maybe. But maybe instinctively he thinks he has to keep the option of a full-on tackle open instead of focusing on his arm in case he busts through Phillips's tackle. It's not an example of a bad read in open play at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Super defence from Leinster to force the error from the Bulls in our own 22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

This is a fascinating game. Bulls bringing the bish and bosh big time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Bulls seem to be getting a lot of the calls so far, especially the first couple of scrums.

Leinster have clearly gotten on the wrong side of the referee. I disagree with him fundamentally that that was a penalty. Coetzee places the ball so it's bound to be touched by Osborne.

wow Leinster actually set a decent scrum

Then ran a brain blind slay play

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Some try that

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭The Parish King

McGrath’s passing is killing Leinster in attack.

He’s taking a step before passing which invites the Bulls blitz defence to suffocate us.

Incredible counter-attack from Larmour. Lovely hands from him and Osborne with the support line to the keep the attack going.

Conan pick and pass wow

Osborne exceptional offload

• Advertisement

That's a penalty Evans, falling or not its a forearm to the head

Advertisement