Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

APC recommendation(s)

Options
  • 10-03-2021 4:26pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations on brand names for an APC.

My focus is on the plastic trim on the door kick guards and even door card themselves. The "uneven" texture of the trim allows for ground in dirt to become embedded and even with a heavy scrubbing with an appropriate brush i find i'm still getting remnants of brown dirt.

What would ye recommend, that is easily available, as a solution that works on such dirt?

Thanks.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I use bilt hamber surfex HD anywhere from 2% to 10% depending

cheap in 5 litre, foams up nicely (with a brush) and find it very powerful and no residue after.

although I haven't bought any since brexit so I don't know about price etc now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Bilt Hamber Surfex HD here too. Can't go wrong with it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Thanks lads. Found some from the guy I regularly order from so going to use this as an excuse to top up on some other stuff too.

Cheers.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

One quick thing. It was mentioned above and on the guys site that its "strong" and can be used diluted for light work, slightly diluted for medium work and neat for heavy duty work. The 2-10% is a great pointer but will it damage/stain/fade trim. I know you should always test on an inconspicuous area first and will but ye might know from experience.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Cass wrote: »
    One quick thing. It was mentioned above and on the guys site that its "strong" and can be used diluted for light work, slightly diluted for medium work and neat for heavy duty work. The 2-10% is a great pointer but will it damage/stain/fade trim. I know you should always test on an inconspicuous area first and will but ye might know from experience.

Thanks again.

It's never damaged anything I've used it on. (Cream leather seats, plastic trim, engine bay, leather steering wheel, canvas convertible roof) once you dilute to your preference you'll be fine. I spray on, agitate with a detailing brush and wipe off with a clean microfibre cloth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I use Surfex HD with a scrub pad, makes extremely light work of cleaning interior plastics and steering wheels. KC Greenstar is excellent too!

I've heard of Bilt Hamber but not KC so done some searching. Seems to get good reviews and has pros/cons compared to Surfex Hd. Found this video then.

In the end he recommends both but says for stronger cleaning to stick with BH Surfex.

The car i'm going at was only bought recently and while mechanically sound the owner had no car pride which is a shame. The body, other than dirty and in need or=f a paint correction, is actually in good order No scratches, no dents and not even stone chips. Not bad for a 11 year old car. The door guards, cards, sills, and especially the boot carpet is manky. I mean really bad. So i'm looking for a good and strong APC to tackle all these areas.

The BH Surfex i can find, but cannot find a supplier of KC Greenstar. If you have a link i'd appreciate it cause i'ld like to try a bottle of it regardless of the review outcome. CAn never have too much cleaners.

Reflect Auto Care stock it at €10 for a litre. I ordered it from a UK store last year for €6 for a litre

Thanks for that.

Order arrived this morning and have the Surfex and also ordered a bottle of ADBL APC. Will be giving them a run in the coming days (have to clean a family members new to them car) so will report back when i have results.

Thanks to all for the recommendations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Surfex HD is a superb product and for interior plastics use it with a magic sponge for great results. Be aware the magic sponge has slight abrasive qualities so don't use it on anything delicate.

I picked up some cyr scrub pads a few months ago been using them the last while, a nice alternative to magic sponges

Advertisement