Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late 20's, trimming down, happy and healthy.

• 09-03-2021 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

Hello all. Starting a weight loss log here for my own benefit - mainly to make myself accountable and hopefully to be able to look back in time and see the progress I've made.

27 year old fella.
    15 stone 6lbs.
    5'10.

I was never scrawny or skinny as such, I would have spent most of my early 20's around 12-13 stone with a 32" waist. Bad eating habits have crept in. I now see that I both need and want to pull myself back in to line.

Short term goals:
    - Enjoy a healthier diet. Use MyFitnessPal to keep the intake at 1700cal / day.
    - Get 4 pints of water in daily.
    - Minimum of 30mins of exercise daily.
    - Lose an average of 2lbs / week over the next 5 weeks. Review things then (Friday April 9th).
    - Weigh myself on a Friday morning.

Long term goal:
    - Healthy fat loss to get myself under 13 stone and stay there.
    - Enjoy the process and put good habits in place.

I did an hour on the treadmill today. Happy to be back in the saddle and doing something positive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Get Real

Have no advice as seems like you know yourself and are determined.

Just to say fair play to you. Catching things before you head into your 30s and things regress further. Did similar myself the last year or so.

Best of luck and enjoy the ups and take positives from any downs!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭French Toast

Friday 12th of March - 15st 5lb

Two good days put down, I consider this weight to be my starting point.

No real update - exercise is going well and I'm finding it easy enough to keep a track of what I'm eating. Maybe it's in my head but I'd swear I can already feel the benefit of drinking more water :P

I remember really enjoying yoga when work organised it for a mindfulness type event, must go trawling through YouTube to find something I could follow along with for half an hour.

No other news really, will update again in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Betthoi

You had a very good start! I want to support you, do not quit training! I hope you are feeling well now and have reached your goal! I like your idea about short and long term goals, it is easier to complete as I guess. But daily exercise is not always good because your body needs time to recover. If by exercise you mean cardio (walking on treadmill like this, cycling, swimming) then all is well. I used to go to the gym and worked out every day on the simulators. As a result, my body did not have time to recover, fatigue accumulated in me, and after a few weeks I quit this. So in any endeavor, it is important to do everything regularly and smoothly.

Advertisement