Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Libido

Options
2»

Comments

OP - as you can see from the wide range of answers the causes of a change in libido or hardness are wide ranging and diverse. There are as many that have not been mentioned so far as have been mentioned I am sure. For example I am not sure anyone suggested that heart and blood circulation issues can also be a cause.

Generally any sudden or relatively sudden change in your physical or mental state is worth consulting with a doctor. It can be a symptom of so many things and an early warning sign. Or it could be nothing more than a phase or seasonal and totally benign. But better to find out than not really. Get a medical opinion. If money is no object get two or three medical opinions. And as I always say - if you are getting multiple medical opinions do your best to find doctors who have been trained in completely different places even different countries if possible. If you get 10 medical opinions from doctors who went to the same university - it can often be no better than getting one medical opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

I think we’re all a bit depressed at the moment and that wouldn’t help either. I find that the good weather makes me feel like having sex and less in the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Do people still get morning wood later in life? I'd very rarely get it.

60 and yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

67 and sometimes 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Monitored my knob last night. I woke at one stage with a half hard on. That was about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Monitored my knob last night. I woke at one stage with a half hard on. That was about it.

:) Had to laugh at this !

OP - as you can see from the wide range of answers the causes of a change in libido or hardness are wide ranging and diverse. There are as many that have not been mentioned so far as have been mentioned I am sure. For example I am not sure anyone suggested that heart and blood circulation issues can also be a cause.

Generally any sudden or relatively sudden change in your physical or mental state is worth consulting with a doctor. It can be a symptom of so many things and an early warning sign. Or it could be nothing more than a phase or seasonal and totally benign. But better to find out than not really. Get a medical opinion. If money is no object get two or three medical opinions. And as I always say - if you are getting multiple medical opinions do your best to find doctors who have been trained in completely different places even different countries if possible. If you get 10 medical opinions from doctors who went to the same university - it can often be no better than getting one medical opinion.

Thanks.

Spoke to the Doc. Had a good chat and what was explained made sense. With regards to early warning signs of other issues I raised that too so that'll be monitored.

Alot of it can be mental and turning a small problem into a larger one. Either way I accepted the advice of maybe trying the prescription route to possibly 'show the brain' that all in fact does work below.

Was also in Lidl earlier and to my delight saw Maca powder for sale , very cheap too. Needless to say I grabbed a few bags of that so will see how that goes too :)

Its true what other posters have mentioned, weather, lockdown, groundhog day etc etc probably does effect us subconsciously so bring on the good weather !

Thespoofer wrote: »

Was also in Lidl earlier and to my delight saw Maca powder for sale , very cheap too. Needless to say I grabbed a few bags of that so will see how that goes too :)

I read that was good ye, I'll head down later for some lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Do people still get morning wood later in life? I'd very rarely get it.

Might want to watch your cholesterol levels and cardiovascular health.

I've heard there is a link?

igCorcaigh wrote: »

I'll be honest my diet isn't great in lockdown. At the same time I'm not overweight and exerice every day. I'm trying to improve my diet, less crap.

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Do you know what I've never checked my cholesterol levels, that's worth a look alright.

In regards to cardiovascular health I do train regularly ( cardio ) so that side of things should be ok ( I hope ).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yeah, lads it is worth checking cholesterol and BP. Inability to get an erection can be an early sign of cardiovascular disease, from what I hear.

I'm no expert, and I'm not giving medical advice on this forum, but no harm to consult your GP and check these things out.

My cholesterol and BP have always been on the high side, but have rocketed recently (I get both tested every few months, but I blame the alcohol. I've been drinking a lot during lockdown). My BP was over 100.

I'm 47.

On statins and BP meds now.

It doesn't seem to have affected my ability to erect though! Just generally a bit floppier than when I was in my 20s.

Advertisement