Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone got any experience of using BidX1 Ireland?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Just looking at their upcoming auction, this, https://bidx1.com/en/en-ie/auction/property/48343
    How does that work? Do you pay 7,990 a year management fees after buying?

You receive 7,990 year for your investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Just looking at their upcoming auction, this, https://bidx1.com/en/en-ie/auction/property/48343

These were all the rage just before the great crash.
    Dont think anyone ever made money on them and most lost their shirts.
    I dont see any mention of commission to the management of that "hotel" in that listing. You would want to check that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Something like that is aimed at a pension portfolio. You buy it, any you pass it to an agent to do the paperwork and forget about it.

Purely a hands off investment.

The legals will have all the details of the lease agreement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,997 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That looks rental income

But its reduced to 6792. Covid.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, you're buying a hotel room and are obliged to keep renting it out

Is that possibly like the hotel rooms that there was an rte documentary on last year or so, where people bought them for big money and now Can't even get in to visit them as they don't own the building? And owner of building is trying to buy them for 10% of what the mortgage amount is!

Re: the bid, I'll not be taking part. The property is riddled with mica, a curse of a lot of houses up here in Donegal. The outer shell of the house would have to be replaced, and not being allowed to inspect it inside made my mind up.

Even the BidX1 rep in the area didn't know it had mica. Doesn't fill you with confidence.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

NIMAN wrote: »
    Even the BidX1 rep in the area didn't know it had mica. Doesn't fill you with confidence.

I wouldn't expect the rep to know or care tbh.

It's up for auction, satisfy yourself it's worth what you're about to offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

had a good look over the upcoming auction list this week and TBH i dont see many lots which i would view as bargains

commercial lots are pretty good value alright but most commercial property is not sold at auction unless fairly irregular issues exist ?

Enquired about making an offer before the auction, as the listed price was too much imho and was told they wouldn't entertain offers less than the starting price.

Saved me registering and losing €135.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭zinfandel

Enquired about making an offer before the auction, as the listed price was too much imho and was told they wouldn't entertain offers less than the starting price.

Saved me registering and losing €135.

will be interested in seeing how many sell, as i think this is the first auction they have had with no viewings and I don't see many bargains that you could take a chance on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭HBC08

I only heard of this outfit a few weeks ago.I saw a house up for sale about 500m from my house,this interested me and we're thinking about buying to rent.
    I had a good look at the house and have friends living in the street who could give me the full story.
    The house is mid terrace and the end terrace house on one side has been knocked and half rebuilt,the build had to stop as the guy had no planning,he also broke sewers pipes and there's a rodent issue in the area now.I would question the structural integrity on the house up for sale aswell and the whole thing looks like a total mess.
    You wouldn't know any of this from looking at it online or the ad.After having a proper look at it obviously I wasnt interested but was keen to see would it get anywhere near the guide price,unbelievably it went for 35% over asking price.

• Advertisement

zinfandel wrote: »
    will be interested in seeing how many sell, as i think this is the first auction they have had with no viewings and I don't see many bargains that you could take a chance on..

I think this is the 4th auction without viewings.

Certainly the September and October one did not have viewings. Not sure about July.

Usually about 80% sell on the day.

If you have registered and there's no bid, they may contact you and see if you want to put in an offer.

I see several lots that represent very good value and a couple that are exceptionally well priced, but they will probably sell for well above the AMV. The better value is in properties that have tenants - but rent may be below market so they are long term plays.

There's one I'm probably bidding on, but I suspect it will go above my max bid.

Darc19 wrote: »
    I think this is the 4th auction without viewings.

Certainly the September and October one did not have viewings. Not sure about July.

Usually about 80% sell on the day.

If you have registered and there's no bid, they may contact you and see if you want to put in an offer.

I see several lots that represent very good value and a couple that are exceptionally well priced, but they will probably sell for well above the AMV. The better value is in properties that have tenants - but rent may be below market so they are long term plays.

There's one I'm probably bidding on, but I suspect it will go above my max bid.

can you PM me the lots you believe offer value ?, exclude the one you yourself are interested in , im not bidding myself but im always curious to make comparisons within specific areas

the property I was interested in, an apartment which had been empty for 3 years went for 87,000 over asking price, glad I did not bother pursuing it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

the property I was interested in, an apartment which had been empty for 3 years went for 87,000 over asking price, glad I did not bother pursuing it .

Will it stay gone though?

Will it stay gone though?
    what do you mean? once its bought at one of those auctions, you have to complete the sale dont you...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ms vieria

what do you mean? once its bought at one of those auctions, you have to complete the sale dont you...

Yes bidx1 is auction unlike auctioneera where you can back out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

The fee to register isnt been fair to interested parties. When you see most properties going well over the asking. Then you would have to question why prices are consistently put so low. It s not only to get the best price but to get people to register. Money for nothing . And don't for get no viewings also

The property I was looking at only went 6k over asking, but it needed a lot of work done to it to make it structurally sound.

So by the time you added the vat and the repair costs, it wasn't a bargain at all.

The property I was looking at only went 6k over asking, but it needed a lot of work done to it to make it structurally sound.

So by the time you added the vat and the repair costs, it wasn't a bargain at all.

Was it a new house? What Vat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,462 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Everything on bid x1 is there for a reason. Generally not mortgageable due to issues with the properties whether the issue is structural or bad title.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Thomasirl123

mickdw wrote: »
    Everything on bid x1 is there for a reason. Generally not mortgageable due to issues with the properties whether the issue is structural or bad title.

This is something I've wondered about. Is it clear before bidding that the property is not mortgage?
    If a buyer is top bidder and then can't get a mortgage what happens if you can't pull out of an auction sale?

• Advertisement

This is something I've wondered about. Is it clear before bidding that the property is not mortgage?
    If a buyer is top bidder and then can't get a mortgage what happens if you can't pull out of an auction sale?

This is the main difference between buying at auction and a standard sale, at auction the contract is formed when the hammer drops. You have to pay the deposit there and then, typically 10-20%. If you pull out afterwards due to being unable to get a mortgage, that money is gone, you forfeit it, whereas in a standard sale the deposit is refundable until the contracts are signed. It’s a huge hit to take if you do not have your ducks in a row, that is why it is essential to have a solicitor check the pack (SPAR) beforehand and ensure that a bank will give you a mortgage for the property.

Dav010 wrote: »
    This is the main difference between buying at auction and a standard sale, at auction the contract is formed when the hammer drops. You have to pay the deposit there and then, typically 10-20%. If you pull out afterwards due to being unable to get a mortgage, that money is gone, you forfeit it, whereas in a standard sale the deposit is refundable until the contracts are signed. It’s a huge hit to take if you do not have your ducks in a row, that is why it is essential to have a solicitor check the pack beforehand and ensure that a bank will give you a mortgage for the property.

Good opportunities for cash buyers though. Get to a position where it is mortgageable and then flip hoping for better price given much wider pool of buyers.

You don't have to complete. If you are the succesful bidder and don't complete it will cost you.
    I have seen many properties sold at those auctions re-appear again in subsequent auctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Thomasirl123

This is the main difference between buying at auction and a standard sale, at auction the contract is formed when the hammer drops. You have to pay the deposit there and then, typically 10-20%. If you pull out afterwards due to being unable to get a mortgage, that money is gone, you forfeit it, whereas in a standard sale the deposit is refundable until the contracts are signed. It’s a huge hit to take if you do not have your ducks in a row, that is why it is essential to have a solicitor check the pack (SPAR) beforehand and ensure that a bank will give you a mortgage for the property.

Thanks dav, that's clear it up for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭hargo

My daughter bid on a house today unsuccessfully. It went eventually 20% over guide. We were able to view last week and no-one else had done so so took a punt that we might be the only bidder. The eventual price was certainly no bargain probably inline with market rate. It was going to have to have a complete revamp but if it was a few euros cheaper it allowed one to make your own stamp. There were some certs missing in the legal pack which would have to be got and that was going to cost also.Not sorry that we took a punt but surprised at how far the bidding went. You really have to be careful and stop at the price you set yourself as it is very easy in the heat of battle to keep bidding.

You don't have to complete. If you are the succesful bidder and don't complete it will cost you.
    I have seen many properties sold at those auctions re-appear again in subsequent auctions.

Yes, it will cost you 10% of the purchase price if you don't complete the purchase.

I've rarely seen a property sold on bidx1 reappear and I've followed the auctions for about 3 years now.

Most properties are sold by receivers. Investments bought at top of the market and bank wants to close the file.

Yes, it will cost you 10% of the purchase price if you don't complete the purchase.

I've rarely seen a property sold on bidx1 reappear and I've followed the auctions for about 3 years now.

Most properties are sold by receivers. Investments bought at top of the market and bank wants to close the file.

I have seen some properties appear several times.

80 Taney Road has been around for a while.
    Esker Villas in Upper rathmines has been around for a long time.
    Those are just 2 in todays auction.

I have too but I've a hunch the apparent bid on day 1 wasn't genuine ?

Any reason why receivers don't just sell by private treaty?

Seems unusual that every repossesed property would have a glaring issue with title?

Surely some of the lots with Bidx1 have kosher titles?

I have seen some properties appear several times.

80 Taney Road has been around for a while.
    Esker Villas in Upper rathmines has been around for a long time.
    Those are just 2 in todays auction.

They didn't attract bids in the previous auctions. The Taney one was withdrawn previously.

Same with group of 10 houses in Tipperary. Withdrawn from the auction yesterday.

As most are receiver sales, they can be contentious. Also flaws may be pointed out in paperwork which can also lead to withdrawal and put into a following auction

• Advertisement

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Seems unusual that every repossesed property would have a glaring issue with title?

Easier, cleaner and probably cheaper for them to sell in batches a couple of times a year at auction rather than giving properties to EAs all over the country and having to deal with lots of queries. The mechanics of an auction sale means that there is little for the Receiver to do before and after auction.

When a receiver sells there is automatically an issue with title. The receiver contracts out of personal liability for everything and inserts special conditions exempting them from giving normal information.
    An auction sale means no opportunity for buyers to query items of title. Trying to sell by private treaty would mean issuing contracts and then having sales collapse before the purchaser signs the contract. The whole process would have to start again and then repeat. It would take forever and meantime there is the possibility of damage, trespass etc

Easier, cleaner and probably cheaper for them to sell in batches a couple of times a year at auction rather than giving properties to EAs all over the country and having to deal with lots of queries. The mechanics of an auction sale means that there is little for the Receiver to do before and after auction.

that would make perfect sense , perhaps then the commonly held belief that all of the lots have title irregularities is an incorrect one ?

on the topic of value at these auctions , with so many investors these days being cash only , its perhaps not that surprising that the auctions are not all that much cheaper than private treaty sales ?

that would make perfect sense , perhaps then the commonly held belief that all of the lots have title irregularities is an incorrect one ?

?

No. The receiver will refuse to say if there are boundary disputes for example, will also refuse to say whether or not there are planning irregularities and will not be able to say if there is an issue with the Family Home Protection Acts.
    You pays your money and you takes your chances.

on the topic of value at these auctions , with so many investors these days being cash only , its perhaps not that surprising that the auctions are not all that much cheaper than private treaty sales ?

It really depends on what current market value is. It isn’t surprising that auctioned properties go above the advertised price as this is often set lower than market rate to take into account issues with the title and preference to get interested buyers to bid against each other. There used to be good value at auctions, now it seems less so due to scarcity of properties.

Just to be clear, problems with title are not insurmountable, they just make it harder to get a mortgage and your solicitor has to do more to make sure your interests are protected. The important considerations when buying at auction is that you must understand what you are getting yourself into, and you must do your research before bidding, not after.

Works for investors too. Quick purchase, no messing, over and done with within 2-3 weeks.

I sale agreed an apartment about a year ago. Four months later the seller still had not got the contracts right as the property they were buying was delayed and I walked away. Very frustrating.

Bought something in auction and had keys 4 weeks later.

Was it a new house? What Vat?

I assumed there would be VAT on the final auction price? No?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭piston

I came to this section of the forum with the intentions of asking about BidX but after reading all this I'm probably best to avoid I think.

I'm a first-time buyer with deposit and mortgage approval and I seen a property exactly what I had in mind in an area of town I like and the guide price seems very reasonable but it's advertised by BidX. I had emailed them and I think I might be able to get a viewing but just don't like the idea of potentially losing my 10% deposit should anything go wrong with the sale or the house.

I might email the mortgage advisor at the bank I was dealing with to see what he thinks but I don't feel happy with the process.

• Advertisement

piston wrote: »
    I came to this section of the forum with the intentions of asking about BidX but after reading all this I'm probably best to avoid I think.

I'm a first-time buyer with deposit and mortgage approval and I seen a property exactly what I had in mind in an area of town I like and the guide price seems very reasonable but it's advertised by BidX. I had emailed them and I think I might be able to get a viewing but just don't like the idea of potentially losing my 10% deposit should anything go wrong with the sale or the house.

I might email the mortgage advisor at the bank I was dealing with to see what he thinks but I don't feel happy with the process.

Alot of the properties wont be mortgageable at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

With this process you will need to spend significant money in order to be comfortable bidding, ie you will need to request the legal pack and have your solicitor give it the thumbs up before bidding, along with getting an engineering survey done for same. This is all assuming the property is mortgageable. Also note the turn around time to complete the sale, you will need everything ready to go with the mortgage in order to close the sale within the agreed timelines

really more suited to wholly cash buyers in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Bambinoonboard

I've heard all in all, they're grand, yet... can difficult to deal with and according to a solicitor I know well, they are want everything done on their terms, in this solicitor's experience anyways. What this exactly means, I'm not sure. In my own experience, I found it difficult to get in touch/phone reply from the office, and conversations were different to those in your typical e.g. more than once I found answers to my questions were short and it was at times, like pulling teeth looking for information. (As it was impossible to view the property interested in or allow an engineer/surveyor inside privately, had prompted many and of course additional questions). There could be fair reason for this - I assume with the increase in house sales, they are perhaps inundated. The site and process from my research is fantastic. They even have a mock type bidding section which allows you play around prior to become comfortable with the process, prior to auction day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭meijin

I'm a first-time buyer with deposit and mortgage approval and I seen a property exactly what I had in mind in an area of town I like and the guide price seems very reasonable but it's advertised by BidX.

but is it an auction or a private treaty?

meijin wrote: »
    but is it an auction or a private treaty?

It's an auction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,217 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Can you make an offer before the auction to buy as private treaty?

ELM327 wrote: »

As far as I know you can't. Their whole business model seems to be auctions.

ELM327 wrote: »

You can make an offer, but it will accepted only on the same basis as if you had bought at auction. An unconditional contract will have to be signed and you will have to accept all the exclusion clauses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Seen a house listed on this site 7 months ago. It sold for 56k more than the guide price. It’s back up on the site. I guess something is wrong with it.

Just seems like scamming to me.

Seen a house listed on this site 7 months ago. It sold for 56k more than the guide price. It’s back up on the site. I guess something is wrong with it.

Just seems like scamming to me.

There is something wrong with most of the properties sold at auction, this can range from Receivership sales to defects, title issues, planning issues etc. It’s not a scam, bidders at auctions should know these risks exist and satisfy themselves through legal/survey advice that what they buy is what they want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement