Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW27 Captain thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Probably 50-50. Walker is due a rest so I think Zinchenko will get at least 1 game so I'd expect Zinchenko and Cancelo to start for one match. He never seems to play Zinchenko in back to back games though so I think the only danger is a Laporte/Ake/Mendy appearance at left back for the other one with Walker at right back.

Maybe slightly better than 50-50 as I could see him starting Walker against United to mark Rashford so that would probably mean Cancelo starts at RB against Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Assuming rodri and fernandinho play a game each City have 9 players for the remaining 5 attacking slots.
    Kdb, foden, B silva , gundogan, mahrez, sterling, torres, jesus and aguero. If they all start one game that means only 1 player will start 2 games. I think there is a chance aguero doesnt start either game meaning 2 of the above 9 will start 2 games.

For the Utd game I think it could be this
    Gundogan BSilva
    Sterling Kdb Foden

Id expect Mahrez, jesus and Torres to then start the southampton game. I think gundogan has a reasonable chance of starting both as he rested midweek whereas KDB and B Silva didnt so Im going to give him the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Assuming rodri and fernandinho play a game each City have 9 players for the remaining 5 attacking slots.
    Kdb, foden, B silva , gundogan, mahrez, sterling, torres, jesus and aguero. If they all start one game that means only 1 player will start 2 games. I think there is a chance aguero doesnt start either game meaning 2 of the above 9 will start 2 games.

Gundogan BSilva
    Sterling Kdb Foden

Id expect Mahrez, jesus and Torres to then start the southampton game. I think gundogan has a reasonable chance of starting both as he rested midweek whereas KDB and B Silva didnt so Im going to give him the armband.

I'm thinking Aguero gets a start in the Southampton game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Gundogan BSilva
    Sterling Kdb Foden

Yea I think you nailed it there. That's the 5 I think will start vs United.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Trying to find Gundo's name in the poll.

giphy.gif

Absolutely brilliant :D:D:D

For a second I thought gundog got a broken leg or something hence not in d list.

Gundogan for me, not so much for UTD game but for Saints instead. He got a good rest there v Wolves so would expect his involvement in both games. Dias VC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Currently have it on Gündoğan. He still looks to be getting into the box as much as possible whenever he’s on the pitch, even after the return of KDB, so still think he can get some attacking returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Chickened out of Cancelo and went with Kane, still not happy with it, can't bring myself to captain sterling as I don't own KDB or Gundog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

bantee wrote: »
    Chickened out of Cancelo and went with Kane, still not happy with it, can't bring myself to captain sterling as I don't own KDB or Gundog.

With you, I don't see Gundo getting the minutes anyway. Kdb is a better option but I don't have him.

I thought about captaining Cancelo last week, but I was glad I didn’t in the end. He’s always tempting to captain, but with Pep’s rotation, he’s not as nailed on as anyone else. He’s actually been a big disappointment to own, as he’s as an attacking of fullback as you’re ever likely to see, so the attacking returns he’s come up with have been very disappointing considering. There’s been games where he’s been very unlucky not to score/get more assists though, granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭893bet

Dias will only play one game I suspect...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭onrail

893bet wrote: »
    Dias will only play one game I suspect...

You've 10 minutes to convince me to drop him from the captaincy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭eggy81

Currently have it on Gündoğan. He still looks to be getting into the box as much as possible whenever he’s on the pitch, even after the return of KDB, so still think he can get some attacking returns.

Surely a huge chance he doesn’t play v Southampton though especially if city beat united.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Had it on Cancelo. Changed it at 11:00 to Sterling, not sure if it saved. Both were the wrong call either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭eggy81

Ended up in Dias are free bouncing it around all morning. Still think it should have been Kane but those damned double fixtures

eggy81 wrote: »
    Surely a huge chance he doesn’t play v Southampton though especially if city beat united.

Maybe. But what’s done is done now!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I went with Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Ward Prowse just for the hell of it

Well that wasn't expected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭onrail

onrail wrote: »
    For the first time in about 9 years of playing FPL, I'm strongly considering a Defender. Dias.

Seems(?) to be a nailed on starter and I'd back a couple of clean sheets for City.

That went exactly as expected.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dias for me as well, typical.

Advertisement