Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW27 Captain thread

Options
  • 05-03-2021 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭

Hard to look past City players this week

GW27 Captain thread 95 votes

Sterling (MNU, SOU) TC
    54% 52 votes
    Sterling (MNU, SOU)
    0% 0 votes
    KDB (MNU, SOU) TC
    5% 5 votes
    KDB (MNU, SOU)
    4% 4 votes
    Cancelo (MNU, SOU) TC
    8% 8 votes
    Cancelo (MNU, SOU)
    1% 1 vote
    Mahrez (MNU, SOU)
    7% 7 votes
    Dias (MNU, SOU)
    2% 2 votes
    Ings (shu, mci)
    7% 7 votes
    Bruno (mci)
    0% 0 votes
    Salah (FUL)
    0% 0 votes
    Mane (FUL)
    1% 1 vote
    Kane (CPL)
    0% 0 votes
    Son (CPL)
    6% 6 votes
    Other (name below)
    2% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Hard to look past City players this week

Tempted to put triple captain on Kevin de bruyne

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Trying to find Gundo's name in the poll.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,859 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Might throw the TC on Stones.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have gone KdB with Gundog the vice captain. Youd expect to see KdB play the full 90 against United, its the Southampton game where the risk is though Im hoping Pep plays him just to get more match fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭onrail

For the first time in about 9 years of playing FPL, I'm strongly considering a Defender. Dias.

Seems(?) to be a nailed on starter and I'd back a couple of clean sheets for City.

Heart is broken this last while trusting attackers with the armband but I still might chicken out and pick Gundo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Gundogan. Probably start one game but rare to get a double chance for a City player to play so worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Trying to find Gundo's name in the poll.

giphy.gif

Knew I missed someone! Have him as my VC and all!:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Tempted by Dias but will probably go with Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ederson?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think there's an argument for not captaining a City player. Again it's hard to know who will start twice. I could see if you had Dias he'd be a tempting option as he's the most likely.

I will probably start Gundo - an important part of their team and he got a rest last match so hopeful of him playing both but would be in no way surprised if he didn't.

Spurs at home to Palace is a tempting option. It's between Kane and Gundo I think, but I'll probably go Gundo. Probably bringing in Son so that's investment enough into Spurs,and then only have Gundo and Stones from City so probably makes sense for me to captain a City player as a bit under invested there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

I'm between Gundo and Kane, Gundo deffo starts against Utd but that could be tight. Might take the chance he plays against Saints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭eggy81

Dias gundo or Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Gundog

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Stones loves a DGW goal, 2 goals in last 3 DGW, has had his "rest" and all

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Torn between the City lads. On Cancelo at the moment. KDB and Gundogen my other 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Fran has a bone

Gundo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Sterking

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sterking

Don't know how people have the patience to captain Sterling, drives me mad watching him and I don't even own him.

Don't know how people have the patience to captain Sterling, drives me mad watching him and I don't even own him.

Couldn’t agree more. He was very good for points in previous years but so hit and miss these days. (A lot of miss)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Gundogan atm and even then i dont trust Pep to play him in both games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Gundogan. Still have TC but won't use it as always a doubt he won't start both even with his rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This morning I was set on KdB but now hovering over Dias. But worried it is too bold a move given two close rivals have the Gundog/Stones/Dias combination and are highly likely to captain Gundog who you'd expect to start v United. But Foden is due some game time so he may not start against Southampton. Friday nights for me lately seem to be preoccupied with trying to read Peps mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Ward Prowse just for the hell of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭macraignil

Gundogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Henwin wrote: »
    Tempted to put triple captain on Kevin de bruyne

Kev feels like a trap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭sully123

Going Foden.
    Stones is the only other dgw'er I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I really want to captain Dias but I feel Pep is just too risky, particularly the Southampton game with CL coming.

It's turned me off gundog too because I cannot see him playing enough over the two, it may come back to bite me on the arse but I've gone for Kane. If spurs can hit the ground running they can overrun palace at home. Look at the last DGW, tired games with little return.

On night shift and this decision is killing me!!! Going with the gut, been on Kane all week and sticking with it. Let's go!!

Still can’t make up my mind. Down to 2, KDB or Cancelo. Is Cancelo more likely to start the 2 after his rest in the last DGW?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Newbie20 wrote: »
    Still can’t make up my mind. Down to 2, KDB or Cancelo. Is Cancelo more likely to start the 2 after his rest in the last DGW?

I would expect Cancelo to play. Think he'd be rested against Fulham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Newbie20 wrote: »

Probably 50-50. Walker is due a rest so I think Zinchenko will get at least 1 game so I'd expect Zinchenko and Cancelo to start for one match. He never seems to play Zinchenko in back to back games though so I think the only danger is a Laporte/Ake/Mendy appearance at left back for the other one with Walker at right back.

Advertisement