Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster vs. Leinster, Saturday 6th March, 19.35 (Eir Sport 1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Locke_Lamora

I think that period of play sums up the difference between the sides - Leinster defended their line admirably and strongly, while Ulster looked like they hadn't practiced their tap-and-go's.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

So many players in this game (and last night) putting their hand up for the Irish setup but won’t ever get a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Penny is motm for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

razorblunt wrote: »
    So many players in this game (and last night) putting their hand up for the Irish setup but won’t ever get a look.

Who in fairness? I think there are a few guys putting their hands up like Rob Baloucoune who will be capped later this year and was already in the squad a year ago before he was injured.

Penny will get capped at some point, I imagine as will Lowry. Unfortunately they're both gonna struggle to accumulate caps for the same reason.

Murphy gave Ulster a final warning about 15 minutes ago so that yellow is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Clegg wrote: »
    Penny is motm for me.

agreed , what a talent, has to be moving towards the no.7 position for ireland with connors

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Clegg wrote: »
    Penny is motm for me.

Sean Cronin for me.

sheehan is a powerhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Another Frank special .

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No arms?!?!?!?!!

• Advertisement

Second motm award in as many games for Penny.

Phenomenal talent.

Frank Murphy motm.

super win , the kids are alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

I think that period of play sums up the difference between the sides - Leinster defended their line admirably and strongly, while Ulster looked like they hadn't practiced their tap-and-go's.

For me the difference is Jimmy O'Brien getting a yellow. Slamming his head I to Madigan's face. Christ.

awec wrote: »
    Frank Murphy motm.

Referees can't win MOTM, silly.

He'll have enough reward. When he goes home tonight, there's gonna be another storey on his house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭A-Train

Very happy with that, played well after a poor start. Cards had a impact on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Refereeing is killing the game of rugby.

I hope no Ulster players shake Murphy’s hand.

What is it going to take to address the issues with refereeing in this competition? It’s appalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Thought Penny was quiet myself to be perfectly honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

What had the potential to be a great game ruined by atrocious officiating. I wouldn't trust Murphy to butter toast.

• Advertisement

Honestly, how is what O'Brien did not worse than POM? I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Thought Penny was quiet myself to be perfectly honest...

You must have been watching a different game to the rest of us, maybe the same one that Frank Murphy watched though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

What is it going to take to address the issues with refereeing in this competition? It’s appalling.

You do realize he sent as many Leinster players off as Ulster?

I'm gonna park the card situation. It's a farce. Never a red. If it was, so was JOB.

Aside from that, Leinster were excellent. Even when down a man, they were exceptionally cohesive and powerful up front. With JOB in the bin, they were dominant up front and bullied the Ulster pack. The fact that Leinster had multiple penalties and went to the corner or tapped and went rather than taking the points, says a lot. In hindsight, I'm relatively confident Leinster would have done the job given the disparity in the front five throughout.

That was the best showing for Leinster since Montpellier. Ulster have gaps in their team but really miss Henderson and Herring in the tight as well as Carter. I'd imagine Coetzee won't play again after that injury.

Ulster have a lot to build on. They've an electric back three but they really would benefit from a Paddy Wallace type who can identify the space and how to release them. Shame Olding isn't about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

any clips of the O'Brien incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Honestly, how is what O'Brien did not worse than POM? I give up.

Officiating is a joke globally. A week ago Moody got away with four or five strikes on an opposition forward in super rugby. Not even a yellow. Toulouse V Brive today say the Toulouse openside jump into a tackle and literally somersault. Ref called play on. The game is being destroyed by poor laws and poor refereeing.

The Pro 14 is a joke though. I get that covid has had implications on who is reffing games but even before that we've had Irish ref's involved in interpro's and time and again it's led to controversy.

stephen_n wrote: »

Fake news.

stephen_n wrote: »

You do realise that O'Brien earned a stone cold red and he waffled about a "moving contact" when he made contact with Madigan's chin and slipped up to his nose? And he doled out a yellow?

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    I'm gonna park the card situation. It's a farce. Never a red. If it was, so was JOB.

Aside from that, Leinster were excellent. Even when down a man, they were exceptionally cohesive and powerful up front. With JOB in the bin, they were dominant up front and bullied the Ulster pack. The fact that Leinster had multiple penalties and went to the corner or tapped and went rather than taking the points, says a lot. In hindsight, I'm relatively confident Leinster would have done the job given the disparity in the front five throughout.

That was the best showing for Leinster since Montpellier. Ulster have gaps in their team but really miss Henderson and Herring in the tight as well as Carter. I'd imagine Coetzee won't play again after that injury.

Ulster have a lot to build on. They've an electric back three but they really would benefit from a Paddy Wallace type who can identify the space and how to release them. Shame Olding isn't about.

JOB should have gotten a red and played with 14 for most of the match. Is nice that you can park it.

Advertisement