Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup Tickets on sale on the 15th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Read my big post from yesterday, but essentially when we arrived, there were about 3,000 people in the queue for passport check, and only 2 people checking the passports….. it was an absolute sh1tshow….. Every passport gets scanned….

the entire terminal was completely occupied by people queuing up for passport control…..

I would guess that this Sunday will be the same…

Never Again…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Jesus, is that not leaving it incredibly tight to get to the stadium for 8pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭irelandrover

my flight to Beauvais on Friday evening was 2 hours delayed... the later it is in the day, the more prone flights are to be delayed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Yeah 9pm. Should be ok as long as no flight delays but hopefully passport control is smoother than above. It was very quick when we arrived for SA game

• Advertisement

How long were you waiting then to get through passport control.

I'll just have to roll with it now and hope for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 4 brady99

Has anyone ever gotten a ticket after they got the red spinning circle on the Add to Cart button when pressed?

I doubt it but there is always that tiny chance that stops me hitting refresh!

I got one yesterday when it said insufficient availability after trying to add to cart but when I refreshed there was magically one in my basket when I confirmed resubmitting details to the page on the refresh.

That was on the main sale page though not resale. Never got a resale one in my basket they are gone in seconds

I got through in about 45 minutes, but in fairness I skipped about half of the people there.. (sorry, but not sorry)

they did open up a 'fast' lane for Ryanair passengers going to Dublin on the upcoming flights (2 DUB flights were departing within 30 minutes of each other), but it was all still a cluster of epic proportions....

My Advice, be at the airport 3 hours before your flight departure on Sunday...

I'm talking about getting out of the airport when arriving in Beauvais. That's my worry due to my tight timeline to get to the match on Saturday night.

Did you have a long delay to get through passport control when you got off the plane in Beauvais?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I arrived Friday afternoon and waltzed though immigration

the bus however took 2 hours due to Friday evening rush hour around Paris

perhaps you should check out trains form Beauvais town, they might even pass stadium

Cheers, I didn't realise there was a train station nearby. Will check it out.

Bus was exactly 1 hour 15 when we arrived for SA. I wonder if Saturday evening traffic can be bad.

Also considering Uber but likely to have traffic there too if it's busy.

It took me about 45 minutes to get through...

And also, regarding these delays I encountered, it was on Sunday. Arriving into Beauvais was fine, as it's only ever a flight load of passengers arriving at the passport check at any 1 time (maybe if 2 flights land close enough to each other too), the issues I saw were when leaving Beauvais.. as you could have up to 10 plane loads of departing passengers arriving at the airport within 30 minutes of each other... and it looks like thats what happened on Sunday!

Sorry as this is going way OT... for this thread... back to tickets;

Ended up buying 2 tickets for my brother on Ticombo... couldn't be arsed anymore with the official site!! not cheap at €884 for 2 Cat 3 tickets.. but he wants to be there, and wants to start arranging his travel (which is slightly mire complicated as his son lives in England). and I managed to get him in the block next to us and only 1 row behind!! so happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,706 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Have you used Ticombo before? Is it reliable/secure?

I haven't, but a few in here have, and the site looks genuine enough, with good Trustpilot scores/reviews...

It's my brothers money, and he wanted the certainty of knowing he was going... so right now Ticombo seems a better bet than the official site!!

I'd say the only way anyone will have any success on the official site is of some tickets are released to general sale like yesterday... the resale option is just pants!!

Has anyone got a resale ticket(s) for the QF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

I was just able to add tickets for the 3rd/4th place play-off to my basket. I have no interest in going to that game but it was still reassuring that I was able to add tickets to my basket. Got as far as entering card details and I left it then.

just to note you can only buy 6 tickets though your account

I can no longer but tickets and needed to set up another account

That doesn't count initial purchases though does it for Pool stages? I bought the Stade de France 3 game pack about 2 years ago when they first went on general sale, and then bought 3 QF tickets yesterday.. so I guess as of now I can only buy 3 more tickets for knockout games?

its counting them for me anyway

2 pool stage games

4 knock out tickets

even though I resold some it still wont let me order more

It's 6 tickets per match no? I have tickets for both quarters and final for a friend which total more than 6 tickets

• Advertisement

I had a total of 6 pool tickets (2 each for Australia v Georgia, SA v Ireland & Ireland v Scotland), and with the 3 QF tickets I'm up to 9 in total now..

Hmm

its odd alright it wont let me buy any more officially but can buy resells??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Are there any official tickets being sold? I thought it was just fan resales and that was a system error.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

only yesterday at midday some went on sale and a few of us got them, but since then its only been resale...

Update on purchasing from Ticombo;

About 5 minutes ago I just received a flurry of emails, including the printable tickets (from the official RWC account with my brothers and his sons name on them) and also messages from the seller with links to the RWC ticket site to download the tickets onto a mobile, which my brother did (and he confirmed the messages he received to download the links were in the same message chain he received his tickets from me in, so they came from RWC), so happy days... I'm about 99% confident now that he'll be good to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 fandozzle

The resale is a complete shitshow....has anyone been able to buy a resale for the QF?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

In what sense?

The resale is exactly what it says on the tin, for re selling tickets. AN individual puts tickets they longer want up and they are bought by the quickest person to react. The supply for the Ireland game is very limited as demand is huge.

Right now you can log into the site and have your pick of 823 Resale tickets for Wales V Arg and 1468 for Eng V Fiji.

The bigger issue is how 1 seller has 66 tickets and another has 76 tickets for sale on Ticombo, They have previously sold 400+ and 1000+ tickets on the site.

Guessing these are the types possibly using a bot and throwing up on 3rd party site (You can buy a bot for $2750)

World Rugby surely could trace these, even if its a resale ticket they would have records of CC details and Billing Address

• Registered Users Posts: 34 fandozzle

In the sense that I know many people who are trying to buy resale tickets for our QF and and not aware of anyone who has been successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,120 ✭✭✭COH

I've bought tickets via the resale site and know a few others who have too.

I think you need to work on the assumption that anytime you see the resale page even start load that there are probably a few hundred (or more) people looking at the same page. Whoever gets them into their basket first wins basically - and its probably going to come down to the 1/100th of a second difference it took the page to load for you VS someone else and another 1/100th of a second difference it took you to click the 'add them to your cart' button.

There are also certainly bots buying up tickets as well.

Its just luck (and patience).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

I went Via Frankfurt (Luftansa) from Dublin to CDG, wasn't bad and might be an option for some going this Saturday. The entire Scottish team were on our flight yesterday going to Frankfurt. God love them, looked distraught!

Advertisement