Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panelling hallway

Options
2»

Comments

Did you get a track saw in the end or make a jig ?
    I badly need some saw horses . Have nearly pulled the trigger on the toughbuild ones a few times but keep buying other tools!
    I was just working on the floor using a sacrificial sheet of mdf.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Did you get a track saw in the end or make a jig ?
    I badly need some saw horses . Have nearly pulled the trigger on the toughbuild ones a few times but keep buying other tools!
    I was just working on the floor using a sacrificial sheet of mdf.

Make your own horses out of 4x2 and a few screws. Take you ten minutes to do it. Very common youtube quick sawhorse.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

A few pics of the work in progress I just made a new architrave, its double thick so it sits flush with the face of the panels. The panels & skirts are based on 100mm . I bought a tracksaw for ripping them and it worked well. A panel saw could have saved hours of setup but you cant have it all.

Lovely job.. Well done.

Make your own horses out of 4x2
    I know but I want fold away ones,I need to keep room in the garge as much as possible.

247music wrote: »
    Lovely job.. Well done.

Thanks,
    Spent saturday&sunday tiling the shower.
    Still a bit to do but I ran out of adhisive.

Whats-App-Image-2021-03-07-at-19-26-43.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29 happy hurler

listermint wrote: »
    Make your own horses out of 4x2 and a few screws. Take you ten minutes to do it. Very common youtube quick sawhorse.

Yeah there simple to put together, I had three but should had made a couple more.Clamps and supports are a most if your it single handed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,687 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I know but I want fold away ones,I need to keep room in the garge as much as possible.

Thanks,
    Spent saturday&sunday tiling the shower.
    Still a bit to do but I ran out of adhisive.

Whats-App-Image-2021-03-07-at-19-26-43.jpg

Lovely job ! Thinking of doing the ensuite with herring bone myself.

Did you forget the shower head. :)

listermint wrote: »
    Lovely job ! Thinking of doing the ensuite with herring bone myself.

Did you forget the shower head. :)

I hope not....its all surface mounted:D
    The herringbone is a nice challenge (45degree even moreso), I think this is my 5th diy tiling job so needed to up my game.
    Definitely not one to start out with or one to rush but it makes the standard stretcher pattern look very basic.

• Administrators Posts: 53,413 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The herringbone is a nice challenge (45degree even moreso), I think this is my 5th diy tiling job so needed to up my game.
    Definitely not one to start out with or one to rush but it makes the standard stretcher pattern look very basic.

The 45 degree pattern looks really modern.

I want to do similar in my kitchen with off-white tiles, but I've never tiled before and don't think I'd be able to do it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Nice job, are you going with a dark coloured grout to emphasise the pattern. Pity the tiles aren't a little longer but quite difficult to get long thin tiles for some reason.
    Herringbone looks great, it and hexagon probably the most difficult in terms of planning and wrapping.
    awec wrote: »
    The 45 degree pattern looks really modern.

I want to do similar in my kitchen with off-white tiles, but I've never tiled before and don't think I'd be able to do it right.

Here's a good video on doing herringbone, if only doing a splashback or single wall it should be manageable as it's the wrap arounds that are the most difficult keeping everything square and true.

Advertisement