Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 - Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I’ve decided to keep Barnes & bench.

Started to move away from a strong XV (Strujk last week) now Veltman in for Stones & DeBruyne in for Bruno.

I want to captain a City player for their double , Stones will now rotate with Laporte so thought why not take a hit & go for DeBruynr

I think Brighton have been the unluckiest team this year, I’ll play Veltman over Shaw & Digne this week. & then also for GW29 (hopefully). If he could return 10 points in those 2 weeks is be delighted

Could Lamptey be back and affect his playing time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

munster87 wrote: »
    Could Lamptey be back and affect his playing time?

****, should of went for Dan Burn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭munster87

Chesty08 wrote: »
    ****, should of went for Dan Burn!

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1367469969039110155?s=20

Might be lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Barnes to Mount is tempting me.

Would have loved to have got de bruyne but It would now require a -8 which isn't worth it. Important as someone mentions above to have a full squad I think. I have a lot of middling talent at the moment.

Long term looking at a blank player to son for 29, mount /periera to Raphinha, possibly Bert traore in as well. Will take a couple of -4 along the way and wildcard after 29..think there is a huge chance to make ground in 29 if some get caught out having not planned for it.

I actually think, if all works out 33 could be a really important week in the season.

People may have got in 3 Spurs for 29, and decided to carry 3 City. That could be up to 6 players missing that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I actually think, if all works out 33 could be a really important week in the season.

People may have got in 3 Spurs for 29, and decided to carry 3 City. That could be up to 6 players missing that week.

And thats why WC before GW 31 will be of benefit. Spurs Villa Leeds all have favourable fixtures the week after the blank so we can roll into that week then hopefully WC with 33 in mind also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

FH could nearly be an option for GW33, if still have it.

And thats why WC before GW 31 will be of benefit. Spurs Villa Leeds all have favourable fixtures the week after the blank so we can roll into that week then hopefully WC with 33 in mind also

Totally agree, it's a great thing to have.

Very very tempted to go Bruno to Son this week.

WC let's you take these risks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,258 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I was thinking of getting

Perreira in for Lowton
    Son/Bale in for Fernandes -4

Is the Perreira move a bad one or a good one? I noticed Leicester have not kept many clean sheets. But they have Brighton and Sheffield United in the next two.

I also have a FH which I plan to use gw29 so I am not bothered about blanks.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Jota (6.6) back on the bench here for Liverpool, nice option for those of us needing to replace Barnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,032 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Need advice....

Current squad:

Sanchez/McCarthy
    Lowton/Targett/Cancelo/Holgate/Mitchell
    Raphinha/Fernandes/Son/Sterling/ESR
    DCL/Vardy/Maja

Had earmarked bringing in Kane for Vardy this week (no matter how the former got on in his two games), but I have a few other issues that need addressing at the moment too.

Bruno seemed tired the last two games, and has City at the weekend, and I can't see United scoring, although he seems like an expensive bench option. At the same time, I have Sterling in my team at the moment, and would be willing to take a -4 hit by adding KDB or even Mahrez for him or Bruno, but don't know which.

I have also seen Lingard mooted in here, and I would consider bringing him in as my fifth choice mid ESR has seen his bubble burst. Have the BB chip left, but no point using it yet with the bench fodder I have.

Happy with my defence, in a quandary further up the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Jota (6.6) back on the bench here for Liverpool, nice option for those of us needing to replace Barnes.

Forget that, gonna play it safe and stick with the Champions League contender and go with with Lingard

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Any love for Sterling -> KDB for a -4?

Would C him this week

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’m going Bruno and Stones out
    To KDB and Brighton defender (with a view to GW29) in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

Now considering Salah to Lingard before Salah price looks to drop tonight. Not liking seeing Mo spending so much time in the wing back position recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ace2007 wrote: »
    FH could nearly be an option for GW33, if still have it.

I know someone who still has it with TC & Wildcard. WC GW30 & FH GW33 is the best way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Probably Barnes to Raphina but Jota is tempting

Would love to do Salah to KdB as Salah is just dead weight at this point but would need to take a -8 to do that as have 3 City already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I'll be on 2 city, prob 2 spurs.

Just taken -4 to avoid price hits as could tight for 29 otherwise.

Barnes to Mount (for 2 weeks)
    Tarkowski to Dunk (with 29 in mind)

touts wrote: »

Would love to do Salah to KdB as Salah is just dead weight at this point but would need to take a -8 to do that as have 3 City already.

Both are prob rising falling tonight.

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Both are prob rising falling tonight.

Neither did. Ffs.

Barnes Bruno to Son and Traore

Done

Probably should have been Salah instead, looking back on last nights game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Green&Red wrote: »

Would C him this week

Will KDB start against Southampton would be my fear.

touts wrote: »

I seem to remember a Salah went like that for a period last season as well. But this season given the circumstances and the amount of games it is worse.

Jota being out has really added to the problem gives Klopp no real options.

Green&Red wrote: »

Would C him this week
    Will KDB start against Southampton would be my fear.

I was thinking the same, but have the same worry. Yet KDB is capable on one game alone.Also have Gundogan as VC.

But part of me is tempted by Ings will start both games on pens. Could do well v Sheffield United and always has the high potential to score against City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Getting rid of Bruno for a .6 swing if i need to bring him back in. is it worth it? cant get rid of salah before fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

but1er wrote: »
    Getting rid of Bruno for a .6 swing if i need to bring him back in. is it worth it? cant get rid of salah before fulham.

I'm pondering the same. It would have been madness to consider 10 gameweeks ago, as you'd be denting your team value for half the season. But now? Not the craziest move. Only would have to get through the last 8 GWs or so with a reduced team value.

If you're in the same boat as me with a WC to come and BB used, then you can afford to go very light on the bench in your WC, which should free up funds to get Bruno back. I see no real risk in going for cheapest possible goalkeeper and one cheapest possible defender in a WC to see out the season. So that's probably about 1m freed up which covers any Bruno buy back.

Add to this the fact that none of Sterling, Salah, or KDB are exactly looking like "must haves" right now, there doesn't seem to be that much of a squeeze on funds.

Thinking I'll likely take out Bruno for Son this week. Trying to decide whether to play DCL against a very stingy Chelsea side, or take a -4 to bring in Lingard or Saka for Barnes and play them instead. In isolation it's not worth a 4 point hit, but it's another player for 29 and a hit I might end up taking down the line anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Kane in for Ricky and sideways move from Sterling to new captain KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Dice75 wrote:
    Kane in for Ricky and sideways move from Sterling to new captain KDB.

Why sell Ricky? In form and potential DGW in 28

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Morzadec wrote: »
    I'm pondering the same. It would have been madness to consider 10 gameweeks ago, as you'd be denting your team value for half the season. But now? Not the craziest move. Only would have to get through the last 8 GWs or so with a reduced team value.

If you're in the same boat as me with a WC to come and BB used, then you can afford to go very light on the bench in your WC, which should free up funds to get Bruno back. I see no real risk in going for cheapest possible goalkeeper and one cheapest possible defender in a WC to see out the season. So that's probably about 1m freed up which covers any Bruno buy back.

Add to this the fact that none of Sterling, Salah, or KDB are exactly looking like "must haves" right now, there doesn't seem to be that much of a squeeze on funds.

Thinking I'll likely take out Bruno for Son this week. Trying to decide whether to play DCL against a very stingy Chelsea side, or take a -4 to bring in Lingard or Saka for Barnes and play them instead. In isolation it's not worth a 4 point hit, but it's another player for 29 and a hit I might end up taking down the line anyway.

I think were both in the same boat. Bruno to Son just for cover and its one more for gw 29 ( Up to 5 players for that gw) Can easily get another 3 in by then and Wildcard for GW 30.

Have had a 3.9mil defender and a 4mil keeper in since the start but bench boosted so brought in SJ as the keeper and then have to decide between him and Martinez for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

but1er wrote: »

You seem to be talking about Fulham as if it's the same team as the start of the season. 4 CS in last 6 games, and only conceded 1 goal in both of the other games. Liverpool only scored 1 against them in the reverse fixture.

Fulham need to keep the goals against down to have a chance of surviving, so i don't see Liverpool scoring 4/5 goals especially in the form that they are in. Salah only got 61 mins yesterday. Something isn't right in that camp.

Yea Bruno blanked in the DGW, but in the 4 games prior to that he got 4 goals and 3 assists. He can't be expected to score every week.

Given there are very few if any must have players, i also think selling a player like Bruno with his ownership so high is probably asking for trouble. Could you for instance downgrade a forward to Brewster which should save you 2m? and use that to get Son in along with Bruno and Salah (if you don't want to sell him?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Still cant decide who to replace Barnes with, I already have Raphina, Gundog. KdB, Bruno
    -Lingard (cant play v Utd but could bench him, otherwise he is on the form of his life)
    -Jota, should get minutes but probably lacking match fitness for 2 or 3 games
    -Grealish, injured but some chance he might return this weekend
    -Mount, bit of wildcard but is on good form and seems to be favoured by Tuchel with 7 starts from his 8 games in charge

Any thoughts?

Advertisement