Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hartnett trailers.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

mickuhaha wrote: »

Handy looking domestic style trailer but I think the load bed is too big for the limited weight limits.

Have a small 750kg trailer here in years, the tipping mechanism was welded when I bought it. It will take an ibc with a bit of space to spare. Handy wee trailer but even at that size it’s easily overloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭247music

Finally bought the hartnett trailer.. 7x4.. Have to say its an excellent trailer for the money and hopefully will last for as long as I need it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Have harnett agents nationwide?

ruwithme wrote:
    Have harnett agents nationwide?

Not sure, as far as I'm aware they only operate out of Cork.. Give them a call shur.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Hi, I'm in the exact same position as you were when you made the original post. I wonder if now almost 2 years on if you're still happy with the Harnett trailer? The Ifor Williams trailers are way more expensive and I only intend doing light work like yourself. I would really appreciate your feedback now on the Hartentt unit. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Yep! Happy out.. kinda regret not getting a canvas cover for it.. may do yet.. It is a heavy trailer for its size, but put together well. Also recommend asking for a lock for the hitch. If I had any complaint it would be that the jockey wheel and mounting is a bit rubbish, but easy replace with a stronger unit and to be honest the trailer is light enough when empty to move around without having to use the Jockey wheel. Other than that it has served me well so far. I bought the 7x4 as it fits a sheet of ply/MDF etc in it nice and snug, you just need to drop the front gate and slide the sheet in over it and it goes nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Thanks for the feedback, they look really well built alright to be fair. I will be using it to transport a ride on lawnmower. It should be well able to cope with that.

Thanks again for the reply, much appreciated.

Advertisement