Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sifu (PS/PC)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Got stuck on Sean kept dying at 75, I think the parry is very off. I keep comparing every parry system to sekiro and a lot just don't hold up.

Fantastic game when you are in flow taking down loads of people the big enemies who grab you , wreck me everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really enjoying the museum, some high level fighting going on. Haven't gotten to the boss yet but feels close. I just found out of you their the bulb things at people, it covers them in paint, nice little touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭McFly85

Got down to my 30s going into the museum and got pretty far(I think, these levels tend to go on a bit longer than expected!) but I’ll be going back to the club I think until I can at least come out in my 20s. Combat is so fun I don’t mind doing levels again to improve!

Did Sean again today finished him at 44, should give me a bit of leeway to progress the museum a bit. Was getting it half done at 75. The weapons help out a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Beat the third boss at 59 but age and death counter too high so not getting a good run at the fourth level. Going to go back to the club, lower starting age and death counter more, then at least with The Museum you can pretty much go straight to the boss so I can try just grind her out.

Also had a bugged fight with Sean earlier where he got stuck beside one of the columns and couldn't move away from it. If anything it made things harder because he could still attack but stayed in the same spot so it was harder to dodge around his attacks and threw the rhythm of his attack pattern out.

• Advertisement

Made it to final level at 39 and have shortcut to boss (boss of The Tower is actually surprisingly easy). However, having fought the final boss twice now, I am severely p*ssed off because it does something I absolutely f*cking hate in games.

Can't use any focus attacks on him. Oh, you know that absolutely integral game mechanic you've been using throughout the entire game? Well f*ck you, you can't use it now.

Beat the final boss at 60. Still more to do, there's a full ending to the game to unlock.

Been a few days since I've been on the PlayStation and even in the height of dying light 2, i just want to get back to this. I think there's a trophy for clearing the game under 25 which sounds like a right pain.

I wonder what their dlc plans are. I'm sure a horde mode is inevitable. Wonder will they do multiplayer like their game Absolver.

Might wait for the easy mode to go for the platinum. Some of the fights, boss fights in particular, can be far too finicky. It wouldn't be too bad on its own, but one bad fight means starting the level again. If the shrines acted as a mid-level checkpoint, maybe, but as it stands it's just too frustrating running the levels over and over again, especially as hitting as many shrines as you can is fairly integral. Have all other trophies bar beating the game under 25 (and using all focus attacks but that's easy enough to grind out too).

Update added yesterday balances some of the enemies including the boss in Level 2 The Club, particularly the two enemies before the boss. Also makes the boss' sweep attack happen less often and is more punishable if you avoid it.

Good moves imo. The two enemies before the boss in particular were just ridiculous, especially the reach of their jumping kick attack.

They've also confirmed that the next update will include a way to change your shrine upgrades, which is very welcome. Because I finished the first level at age 20, I now can't change the shrine upgrades I picked up there as I can't overwrite that because I can't beat that level at a lower age. I've beaten the first and second level without dying, which means the only way to change shrine upgrades is to play through those levels again without dying. But even then, if you restart a level, it defaults back to your previous ones.

I really need the parry punish upgrade to use for the final level, but in later levels it's far too expensive and it's best gotten in the first level. So to use it, I'd have to play the entire game from the start again.

So close to the platinum and would love to knock it out before Horizon/Elden Ring come out because I'll lose all muscle memory. 2nd phase of the final boss is just a nightmare though, especially without that parry punish upgrade.

• Advertisement

Ha, i finished the club last night at 23, my best yet by far and it was down to Sean only attempting a sweep twice, thought i just got lucky. Actually really handy fight when that sweep isn't thrown as much.

I'm half way through the tower but as old man so back to the museum next to finish younger. That museum shortcut to the boss is ridiculous.

Yeah the Museum shortcut is class, but I'd recommend going up the stairs and hitting the shrine on the top floor before going into the elevator. There's only about 5 more enemies you have to face (6 if you take on the lady with the staff looking at the mask) and they're not too much hassle most of the time. The XP/score you get from them should be enough for a small upgrade, then you still have the next shrine before the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭McFly85

I had actually nailed my strategy for those 2 before Sean! Mainly involving taking them on one at a time by flooring the other one with sweeps/environment attacks. But glad to hear the updates, that second half of Sean’s fight could go well or badly depending on seemingly what mood he was in.

I learned how to cheese them by knocking them off the ledge into the dancefloor area as that takes a good chunk off their health, but even then it was a flip of the coin whether or not they'd block my attempt, or if one would lamp me while I was trying it on the other.

Platinumed, at the ripe old age of 21. Only death was actually against the Museum boss, but I belted on rather than trying to finish it at 20. Just got very luck with some counters during last stage of final boss.

Can't imagine I'll go back for the hard difficulty coming soon, but will definitely keep an eye out for any kind of DLC.

Nice man!!

Tups for museum boss 1st phase? Her 2nd phase is handy enough but for some reason, her first catches me. Trying to avoid ends up with hits so not sure if i should just block instead.

If you bring a bat or staff into the fight, you can block most of her attacks by just holding L1 and you won't take any chip damage to your health. Just have to watch out for her heavy attacks, and it's hard to find your weapon in the snow if you drop it. But for the most part I'd advise just staying out of her range, then rushing in for a few quick hits and rush out again. She's so tricky to read because so many of her attacks look a bit diagonal and can throw off the timing.

Finished this tonight and

I got the secret ending Jesus Christ the last boss second stage was insane and the say you can't use focus at all on him is bullshit, gonna go back and get true vengeance on all of them

Loved the game though felt real progression and I went back to the first boss and it was trivial

Reached the sanctuary tonight and Yang for the first time. Started the level at 35, got him to the 2nd phase but he wrecked me. Seems like parry is what works best but I've ignored that all game so need to work on it.

Good going, lad. Yeah I'd started the game trying to parry everything like Sekiro but the timing of it is f*cky when fighting groups so I switched to mostly avoiding. Then parry becomes absolutely crucial for Yang.

Parrying his first phase isn't actually too bad as you can kinda spam L1 since he attacks so quickly, and bringing the staff from the enemy outside helps a lot. I'd also really advise putting one point into the parry punish skill at the last shrine if you can. It's not crucial, and it would mean going through most of the level again to be able to get a high enough level score, but it does help a lot. First few times I beat him without it, but when trying to beat him under 25 it made a huge difference.

2nd phase of Yang is mostly parry, but you'll want to try avoid the heavy (glowing limb) attacks a bit too as he'll demolish your structure.

• Advertisement

Yang is done, not as bad, basically spammed parry (didn't have the parry upgrade) and he killed me about 4 times total. Went straight back to level 1 for the alt boss ending and yupp, as soon as the kill button popped up, i took it, complete flinch reaction :) Looking forward to going for the plat but can relax a bit now and concentrate on elden ring.

Congratuwelldone! And don't worry about the flinch-kill, we've all been there... (Fajar, Sean and Yang....)

Only have 1 board entry left which i believe is for the last fight. Goddamn absolutely love this game. So great to to be able to jump in even for 10 minutes or really spend an hour perfecting a level.

I'm fully sure i completed the warehouse in 1 min 20 a few times, gonna have to set a timer next time i attempt it.

Yeah last detective board thing is gotten with the full ending.

I was missing one in the Club for ages and it was driving me nuts. Ended up having to Google it. It was the room just before the trials, you go to the end of the room and talk to the guy at the door. Never even realised they won't attack until you do. I'd just been running into that room and lamping the woman beside the shrine every time I entered that room.

The last trophy I actually had to get for the plat was using all Focus attacks, as I'd never been upgrading my Focus bar or unlocking most of the focus attacks. Always just used the eye strike and then a sweep attack to ground pound, or used the actual strong sweep focus attack.

Same!! Never knew you could just walk through that training room :D

Penn (or anyone), question about getting the true ending. Just beat the Museum boss 3rd phase but i got one life left in doing so. Can i go back, beat her normally and continue to the tower to keep on the true ending path or will it recognise i strayed a bit and not count it?

You don't have to spare all the bosses in order or anything. Once you've spared them once you can get the full ending when you spare Yang at the end.

You'll know you've done it right in the room before you fight Yang. You may have noticed a prompt to look at something when in that room. When you've spared bosses, that prompt reveals things in the room.

So you can spare them, then go back and kill them if you want to lower your age, it'll still recognise that at some point you spared them.

Just got the true ending. **** me what a game. No way I'm completing under 25 unless i go for perfect runs to unlock the parry upgrade for yang. Anyway... back the squats i go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I caved and got this. About 2 hours played, just beat the first lad on the first try, but he took 4 lives from me to bring me up to 38. Figuring out the upgrades and getting the swing of it, I like taking on 2 or 3 at a time, nice to be able to get a hit in one each one in turn, prevents them attacking mostly and looks awesome! Still trying to work on parrying, quite hard I'm finding so I'm dodging like a stealthy mongoose. Got absolutely hammered at one point in the part before the Botonist. Four of them laying into me at one, 2 with metal pipes. It was like a one attack kill. I'm liking it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Played a bit more, got to the boss of the Club and he handed my ass to me. Every time I picked up a staff, he knocked it out and bullied me to death, over and over, until I died died. Didn't even get half his health down, let alone a guaranteed second phase! So I obviously have to do more. Went back and beat the Botanist at 23, thinking that was me being great. Nah. Still got my ass handed to me. I need to unlock more stuff permanently, and I think this is where the game may fall down for me. I do want to keep going, but doing the same areas over to farm xp to upgrade... I'll get sick of that quite quickly tbh. It's part of the reason why I don't usually buy these types of games, Hades was an exception but also eventually fell to the repetition. I'm not sure if this has enough to keep going, but I'll try. The difficulty jump from Factory to Club is a lot!

Advertisement