Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maria Bailey still “Seriously Injured”

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

The complete lack of self awareness and entitlement is amazing.

And using somebody's suicide is truly horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭1874

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    The biggest mistake she made was pursuing something like that while being a public figure and of course anything like her making a claim over falling off a swing was going to end up in the news papers.

If she had simply said she wanted her medical expenses covered for treatment, chances are the hotel would have covered it through insurance but going for a big payout made sure it was never going to happen as it would have been gotten wind of by the media and turned into the circus, which it did.

Going for a 10km race a few weeks later certainly didnt help her case either, but that was just stupidity knowing she was going to take a case.

If she was some random person who put in a claim, chances are she would have got a payout of some description to just go away as things like this can drag on for months in court and end up costing more in legal fees than the payout itself.

The fact she received threats is definitely a bit over the top but you always get idiots hiding behind their anonymity targeting people any chance they get, when most would probably jump at the chance of a big payday if the sane thing happened to them.

Well, she claimed she got threats, looking for the sympathy imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

She also used her father's illness as an excuse for the car crash interview.

What an absolute mental case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I'd have a smidgen of sympathy for her as she became a lightning rod for people and businesses absolutely fed-up with the insurance racket in the country.

But, she absolutely didn't help herself by carrying on like a classic South Dublin Karen that everyone is familiar with and was a member of a governing party that was and is quite unpopular for being snooty and entitled in the first instance.

She had a good run making it to the Oireachtas as a fairly low-talent politician in the first place, and would probably be served best served keeping quiet and starting a new career as a yoga teacher or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

NIMAN wrote: »
    She's seriously injured a year after it but was able to run a 10k a couple of weeks after it.

It's obvious she got some pr advise....lie low for a year then try to restart the career. Start by trying to get a bit of sympathy, say you are still feeling effects of the fall.

The fall was in 2015 so 5 yrs after it yet like you say she was able to run a pretty decent time in a 10k 3 weeks after her fall but some how 5/6 yrs later is still seriously injured! Like how can you still be seriously injured 5 yrs later when you weren’t seriously injured in the first place you daft bint!!

She’s an out and out liar and if she gets more abuse because of her pathetic ‘poor me’ story now then she deserves every bit of it.

And to draw similarities between herself and Caroline flack is downright wrong.

Maria Bailey us a vile individual that will stop at nothing to ‘right’ the wrong she feels has been bestowed on her. She deserves every bit of bad luck that comes her way.

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »
    I'd have a smidgen of sympathy for her as she became a lightning rod for people and businesses absolutely fed-up with the insurance racket in the country.

But, she absolutely didn't help herself by carrying on like a classic South Dublin Karen that everyone is familiar with and was a member of a governing party that was and is quite unpopular for being snooty and entitled in the first instance.

She had a good run making it to the Oireachtas as a fairly low-talent politician in the first place, and would probably be served best served keeping quiet and starting a new career as a yoga teacher or something.

It really might have to be outside the self employed aspect, she is trying to get back into self entitled employment aka politics, paid a lot for fcuk all or incompetence.
    She wont be able to sue herself for getting herself injured getting into a stupid dog pose or whatever they are called.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭buried

How can you have any sort of sympathy for it Yurt? She did that $hit to her ownself and she clearly has no awareness of how ordinary people and businesses such as myself are fed up with it, and yet she wants to be a 'public representative' and get all the trappings we also have to pay for that to go with it. No sympathy is required here. It just highlights how disconnected the likes of this article is from the rest of us that have unwittingly put her in the lofty position she feels she is twistedley entitled to.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    How can you have any sort of sympathy for it Yurt? She did that $hit to her ownself and she clearly has no awareness of how ordinary people and businesses such as myself are fed up with it, and yet she wants to be a 'public representative' and get all the trappings we also have to pay for that to go with it. No sympathy is required here. It just highlights how disconnected the likes of this article is from the rest of us that have unwittingly put her in the lofty position she feels she is twistedley entitled to.

I mean it can't be comfortable becoming public enemy number 1 and being Ireland's top national embarrassment for about a month, very few people are made of tough enough stuff for that not to effect them.

To be clear, she did it to herself and really doubled-down to make it worse, that's obvious to most people.

I really don't know why she's coming back to take another bite of the media cherry though; you'd think her husband or family would take her aside and tell her to let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,102 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Why anyone would want to start a business in this country with lowlifes like her around looking for an easy few quid is a mystery. Insurance costs are a huge issue in Ireland for years now because of chancers like her. anyone that would ever give her a vote again would want their head examined. she is a con woman, simple as.

I think she used her maiden name in the claim so her real identity wouldn't be revealed, very sly but stupid at the same time.

I mean it can't be comfortable becoming public enemy number 1 and being Ireland's top national embarrassment for about a month, very few people are made of tough enough stuff for that not to effect them.

To be clear, she did it to herself and really doubled-down to make it worse, that's obvious to most people.

I really don't know why she's coming back to take another bite of the media cherry though; you'd think her husband or family would take her aside and tell her to let it go.

Yet, she is coming back, she either is a dolt, no shame, a brass neck, so little experience/so much privilege that she doesnt realise how thick she is? one of them at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭buried

These political party dynasty people ain't like you and me, they have literally no awareness of how to function in a society, they are so ultimately insular to the party ethos and mindset it is turned into the degree of a cult status. Nothing else matters only them and what they think they can get away with. She showed it up bigtime, that's why the rest of the willy FG crew ran so far away from her. But at least she showed it up, I will giver her that.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

She's poison politically,Mod Snipped - There is no need for that type of comment!!

She's poison politically, Mod Snipped.

she looks about 64, not 44.

what did she do before politics?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

pgj2015 wrote: »

You think so? I think she's attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Maria Bailey still “Seriously Deluded"

OP I fixed the title for you.

You think so? I think she's attractive.

you have had too much.:)

She worked in Aer Lingus for a bit I believe, at what exactly I don't know. Was elected as her father's running mate as a councillor in her 20s.

She worked in Aer Lingus for a bit I believe, at what exactly I don't know. Was elected as her father's running mate as a councillor in her 20s.

I just checked her wikipedia page to see what her background was. it is 99% about her claim :pac::pac:

https://twitter.com/MariaBaileyR/status/1353316990757335041

The comments remind me of the comments on OJ'S twitter, he gets made fun of over the murder, she gets made fun of over her claim. id say its water off a ducks back to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

LongSwingFall is no joke. It's insidious. You can be just walking past a playground or even watching that opening scene in Terminator and you can just come asunder...
    It's not well documented here but where swings are more prevalent in nightclubs, out foreign, it's claimed a lot of bright lights so it has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

https://twitter.com/MariaBaileyR/status/1353316990757335041

The comments remind me of the comments on OJ'S twitter, he gets made fun of over the murder, she gets made fun of over her claim. id say its water off a ducks back to her.

What's the breed of dog she has? Very unique looking.

Bull Terrier.

It's Alan Shatter in a dog suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,140 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

If there's a lot more to the story than people don't know..then tell us!
    She's claiming the truth was taken out of her hands- then she should come out and tell us the truth.
    And how she is still as she says 'seriously injured'.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Why anyone would want to start a business in this country with lowlifes like her around looking for an easy few quid is a mystery. Insurance costs are a huge issue in Ireland for years now because of chancers like her. anyone that would ever give her a vote again would want their head examined. she is a con woman, simple as.

I think she used her maiden name in the claim so her real identity wouldn't be revealed, very sly but stupid at the same time.

We need an enquiry into the hospitality sector. Russian, or worse, Shinner, interference maybe??

1. They attempt to physically maim and then besmirch the name of this fine public representative.
    2. They organised a party in Clifden and try to ensnare unknowing gobsh1tes who play judge and TD by day but, deep down, are just simple gobsh1tes.

I think we need to ban this hospitality craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,794 ✭✭✭SeanW

Regardless of what she's done, the people telling her to "jump off a cliff" and all that abuse need their heads examined. What kind of a person sends that kind of a message to another person?
    Anyone that has ever had to buy any kind of public liability insurance (car insurance, occupiers liability insurance) in Ireland is entitled to be furious with this sleazy POS. Irish drivers, business owners, charity operations, community organisations etc. are being shafted without lube by bottom feeding parasites like MB and the lawyers who represent them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Very disingenuous or slimy comparing herself to Caroline Flack.

Sean. Sean. Sean!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

She's not wrong about the abuse

People are vile, seem to think words have no effect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

She's not wrong about the abuse

People are vile, seem to think words have no effect

That’s about all she right about though. She made the sort of claim the lower working class get lambasted for on a regular basis, and she got caught.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement