Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maria Bailey still “Seriously Injured”

Options
  • 22-02-2021 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭

Jaysis just when you think she’d never be stupid enough to stick her head above the parapet again.

Linky

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think the serious injury must be brain damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

The only thing still hurt is her ego.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

"I’ve had vile abuse online, some in person. Pretty scary stuff,” she said.

"I had letters, I had phone calls of abuse, some disgusting stuff sent to me in the post. Threatening stuff, people telling me to jump off a cliff.”

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So she still doesn't believe it was her own fault, and everything that's happened since is because of other people. Right ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

She's seriously injured a year after it but was able to run a 10k a couple of weeks after it.

It's obvious she got some pr advise....lie low for a year then try to restart the career. Start by trying to get a bit of sympathy, say you are still feeling effects of the fall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

"I’ve had vile abuse online, some in person. Pretty scary stuff,” she said.

"I had letters, I had phone calls of abuse, some disgusting stuff sent to me in the post. Threatening stuff, people telling me to jump off a cliff.”

Nice.
    Sounds like she's received a lot of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

NIMAN wrote: »
    She's seriously injured a year after it but was able to run a 10k a couple of weeks after it.

It's obvious she got some pr advise....lie low for a year then try to restart the career. Start by trying to get a bit of sympathy, say you are still feeling effects of the fall.

At best, she aggravated a pre-existing condition so anything after that race is entirely on her.

Or, you know, she's just lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Sean, Sean, Sean...

Go away Maria.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

So she still doesn't believe it was her own fault, and everything that's happened since is because of other people. Right ya.

She would have won her case against the hotel if she kept going with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

NIMAN wrote: »

Exactly. All lies, every word of it. That's politics though so she'll do well.

• Advertisement

But no compo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Swing...and a miss.

Back to obscurity, maria.

She's an idiot of the highest order, but nobody deserves that sort of crap. I often wonder what compels someone to write a letter or an e-mail to someone they don't know from a hole in the ground, simply to hurl what is often quite vile abuse at them. Unless it was the owners of the hotel, how have those peoples' lives been impacted by her actions?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

When seriously injured from falling off a swing she ran 10k.

Jumping off a cliff is probably intended as the prelude to an iron woman contest.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Zaph wrote: »
    I think the serious injury must be brain damage.

You need a brain to get brain damage.

She's an idiot of the highest order, but nobody deserves that sort of crap. I often wonder what compels someone to write a letter or an e-mail to someone they don't know from a hole in the ground, simply to hurl what is often quite vile abuse at them. Unless it was the owners of the hotel, how have those peoples' lives been impacted by her actions?

There's a lot of begrudgery here in Ireland. It's inbuilt into the genes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Exactly. All lies, every word of it. That's politics though so she'll do well.

Well she hopes to restart her political career so it's a good start. I love reading fiction :)

Well she hopes to restart her political career so it's a good start. I love reading fiction :)

I think she's wasting her time. I can't see her getting elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Has she a crack in her brass neck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

A lot of people that work in entertainment hospitality etc have been directly affected by people like here. Indeed anyone that pays insurance has been affected by people like her in that believe they are entitled to compensation for being thick.

I actually don’t believe a word of the article she’s trying to garner sympathy pure and simple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Yes it is ridiculous someone sending emails/letters etc.

But, does insurance fraud (if she had persisted) not affect us all?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Get Real

Jesus H Christ. Let it go. Ringing up the indo to try and make a "comeback special".

Just, stop talking. You fell off a swing, could happen anyone, you weren't bungee jumping or skid your car off a cliff.

I'd have more understanding if she just never mentioned it again, and tried to re-establish her political career. While we all, including her, acknowledge a cringey faux pas, and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Every tired PR cliche is present in that article. All in an attempt garner sympathy.

What a horrible person.

Where did you get that correspondence was from " someone they didnt know from a hole in the ground"?? Perhaps, just maybe it was from constituents who had voted for her in good faith believing her credentials & bone fidas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Trying to use Caroline Flack's death like that is a new low.

Yes it is ridiculous someone sending emails/letters etc.

But, does insurance fraud (if she had persisted) not affect us all?

Of course it does, and I firmly believe that she should have been prosecuted for that. But I don't feel compelled to go out of my way to tell her that I think she's a crook.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,403 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The former TD said Caroline Flack’s death really “hit home” for her

Christ....she is clearly desperate to garner some sympathy...pathetic really.

Zero self awareness, she managed to torch a cushy job by getting greedy with what she thought would be an easy insurance cash grab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭1874

BattleCorp wrote: »
    She would have won her case against the hotel if she kept going with it.

She is sick she didnt stick it out, after hearing you can get money for old rope in the Courts, she has some neck but not hard enough, she's an amateur compared to some, compared to The Luas Surfer, in hindsight she probably thinks she is worth at least 2 of them, at least, she is probably going to try wring something out of it, maybe 150k

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

she's a swinger alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭buried

lol

This wan is a real life Gollum

Lord of the Shwings

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement