Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrow river

Options
  • 21-02-2021 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi everyone

I’m just curious to know would it be possible to put my boat into the water in Waterford city and go to Naas through the barrow and onto the royal canal. It’s just a handy boat with a 25hp engine. Iv a bet on with my mates wife that it can be done😂 also if it can be done are the lock gates manned or how do you get through them. I think there’s a good few along the barrow. And roughly how long would it take

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

Steveop wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I’m just curious to know would it be possible to put my boat into the water in Waterford city and go to Naas through the barrow and onto the royal canal. It’s just a handy boat with a 25hp engine. Iv a bet on with my mates wife that it can be done�� also if it can be done are the lock gates manned or how do you get through them. I think there’s a good few along the barrow. And roughly how long would it take

Thanks for reading

Waterford to Athy by the Barrow, Athy to Lowtown/ Robertstowm by Barrowline, Robertstown to Dublin by the Grand, cross the liffey and on to the Royal. Got to be in the region of 60+ locks.

Or Robertstown west to the Shannon and get on to the Royal that way.

The Royal doesn't go into Naas. Naas just has a branch line off the Grand near Sallins on the mainline.

Advertisement